Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Entered my Zr1 in a local car show

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Nite Riderrr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entered my Zr1 in a local car show

For all you guys that live near plano texas with nice car watch out. There's a local car show called Monthly Musclecar that have the weirds judges. Tell me if I am over reacting or was their decision correct1! My car finished 2nd in it"s class getting beat out by a normal C6 corvette. What the **** is going on at Monthly Musclecar shows. Is it the 2 judges that go around or does a normal C6 look better? Everyone has their own option but .............! After the awards were given out several people told me I got screwed by the people hosting the SHOW!!!! I would like to know what ya"ll think about this lil matter. Hey, i could just be over reacting but i don't think so.
I was told that sometime that particular car show give 1st place to new comers. Hoping that will encourage them to run to get SCREWED like Me.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Would not be the first time the better car didn't win. If the C6 that took 1st place had a lot of bling under the hood, wheels, interior treatment etc. it's gonna impress any judge over a stock ZR1. Better luck next time if you continue to show your ZR1.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:34 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Nite Riderrr
For all you guys that live near plano texas with nice car watch out. There's a local car show called Monthly Musclecar that have the weirds judges. Tell me if I am over reacting or was their decision correct1! My car finished 2nd in it"s class getting beat out by a normal C6 corvette. What the **** is going on at Monthly Musclecar shows. Is it the 2 judges that go around or does a normal C6 look better? Everyone has their own option but .............! After the awards were given out several people told me I got screwed by the people hosting the SHOW!!!! I would like to know what ya"ll think about this lil matter. Hey, i could just be over reacting but i don't think so.
I was told that sometime that particular car show give 1st place to new comers. Hoping that will encourage them to run to get SCREWED like Me.
Don't be discouraged. My LPE Z didn't even place at the first show I entered, but that did not discourage me a bit. With few additional creative upgrades, I ended up winning best in show at several shows that followed and Best In Class at last year's Houston Autorama. These shows are primarily about bling, cleanliness and level of detail. Since your car is still new and I am sure very clean, you may want to invest in a mirror to show the underside of the car.

If you post some pictures from the show, I'll be glad to give you few pointers based on my experience.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Nite Riderrr
Instructor

didn't take any pics. Yeah but this car was as normal as it gets. Nothing under the hood just as plan as it comes. Trust me
Old 11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Nite Riderrr
Instructor

Thanks for the nfo
Old 11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
DT
Le Mans Master

It has nothing to do with your car being faster, more expensive, etc., etc., but a huge amount to do with the final detailing. My *incredible* Z06 got beat by stock cars as well, because there is zero factor for the aftermarket (regardless of how well it's executee), but everything about how long you clean the AC vents with Q-Tips.

Though to a degree I understand that - why shouldn't everyone be given a fair shake, just because they didn't spend as much money? I still think they should have modified categories, but that's something common in the import scene that has not caught on in the domestic shows yet.

I also firmly believe there are perks for being a club member, especially if that club is hosting/coordinating the show. Obviously that won't ever be owned up to, but I've seen it happen.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:59 PM
hotrodtp
Instructor

Car shows are a joke. The ZR1 is a awesome car. However the bling, and the Armour All guy always WINS. Sports cars are made to be driven. Not to sit in a parking lot, and look pretty. Take it to the track.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

So a stock car beat your stock car and your bitching? It's just a matter of opinion maybe the judges liked the stock looking car better? I wouldn't sweat the little stuff like that. I'm sure if you won the other guy would of been like wtf he won cause he has a stock zr1?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:08 PM
BAD_TCR
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was there. That particular car show is a joke. If you dont have the bling, bling aftermarket stuff, there is no hope. There is no appreciation for OEM and keeping things stock. From now on, I'll just go to look, but no point in wasting $ to enter.

BTw... your car is very nice. got me thinking I should upgrade at some point..
Old 11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
rhipsher
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll never understand why people go out and buy a brand new car and then enter it in a car show. What kind of effort does that take. I can see if you take a car they no longer make and keep it very clean or do a frame off restoration then that to me is car show worthy. I have a #s matching 1968 mustang and a 1990 ZR-1. I've shed blood sweat and tears restoring the stang to original for the last 12 years. And I will expect to win first place with it. The ZR-1 likes it best on the race track. And when I do show the ZR-1 its for the benefit of people who havn't seen one in a long time. Just my two cents.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Scream And Fly
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Boohoo, your ZR-1 ego was squashed. Oh no, God forbid a lowly C6 beat you. It's a conspiracy!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
rhipsher
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scream And Fly
Boohoo, your ZR-1 ego was squashed. Oh no, God forbid a lowly C6 beat you. It's a conspiracy!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
peteypab2133
Intermediate

thats some funny stuff man, i would have been jacked...

post up some pics!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Don't take it personally. Just go out there and enjoy. Hanging out with a bunch of other Corvette owners for the day is a great time. Most judges are impressed with bling, not the true nature of the car.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:41 PM
6speedC6
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unless there is a class for pure stock I think some miss the point of a car show.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:45 PM
odbbend21
8th Gear

So if you enter a new car in a show it should win? Anyone can buy a new car and enter it and most of the time the owner brings the car not cleaned up but like they bought it. So Your new car will be judged alot tougher and if there is no effort made to cleaning the car it will not get a first place. Sometimes car clubs pick their member cars, so you will not always win. Just go to a show and have fun and if you win great.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

New cars are alway judged the harshest in any car show. Three identical cars of three different model years competing (say an 05,06,07) the oldest car will win if all are the same condition. It's the way it should be. It's more important than the model.

Get notified of new replies

To Entered my Zr1 in a local car show

Old 11-02-2008, 08:25 PM
09C6ZR1
Racer

hey rider..............how many heads does it turn when you're on the road?......nuff said
Old 11-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Nite Riderrr
Instructor

haha!!!!!! I just wanted to get some input.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:36 PM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

can't tell from your pic , but it looks to me like you have cyber gray car...personally i dont think that color does a vette justice...just looked at a cg zr1 my dealer got in...spent some time checking it out in the pdi department...i left unimpressed...i am sure i am not the only one who thinks this....other colors look much better imo...

that ride you have should be at track or auto-x or running down the highway or anything but car show...all that performance and its sitting still....waste of car...

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Entered my Zr1 in a local car show