Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 engine failures

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 05:55 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
The cost is minimal but if GM decides your dropped valve is due to your modification of their product....?
The OP seems to be saying that he's going to blow the warranty anyway with cam, etc., so that being the case, using modified rocker arms is no harm, no foul.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:32 PM
danbo56
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allan / Grant
Thanks for the feedback. Based on my experience, the stock cooling system works just fine.... so far. I will prob goto the LGM vented hood for several reasons. Some logical, some because I like the look.

Yeah.. I figure if I touch the motor, it will kill the warranty. C'est la vie.
Having said that.... I think its a very good motor stock. I think it is well designed for GM's intended use. I also know I will push it a little harder than the average street driven car for which it was designed. So~~

Based on what I have heard. Only 2 "areas of complaint" have ever been mentioned. Needle bearings and Oiling. If I'm gonna do the some changes, H/S springs sound like a good investment. Once the coilovers go on.... the pan and a bigger tank should help the with other issue. If Chevy went to a bigger tank for '09, then i will steal their research results, and do the same thing! Now... I know that there will always be a "weakest link" in any chain. Fixing one shortfall will always help you find the next one... So.... What is the next one. How significant is it? What is the risk of failure vs cost to reduce the risk. Differential cooler? BSOM

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 engine failures