Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Kooks, catted x-pipe, Corsa = no drone

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 10:58 PM
SS MPSTR
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Kooks, catted x-pipe, Corsa = no drone

I just got these installed on my Z06, and wow! If you're looking for an aggressive muscular sound that gets folks' attention outside the car but won't render you with a migraine after arriving at your destination, then this set-up is for you.

My C6 with Kooks, catted x-pipe and GHL droned like a spoiled wife after having her credit card declined at Nordstroms - constant and irritating.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You will find that your Corsa's will not drone no matter what they are connected to. In my car she drones a bit in 6th when speeds are below 75 MPH, my car is heavily cammed with ARH headers with a CAT'd X pipe. In other cars I have worked on with Corsa's and headers they do not drone at any speed or in any gear, so in my car with the cam combined it does a little bit in 6th gear low speed driving conditions, so I just keep her in 5th under those conditions.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Viprklr
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
I just got these installed on my Z06, and wow! If you're looking for an aggressive muscular sound that gets folks' attention outside the car but won't render you with a migraine after arriving at your destination, then this set-up is for you.

My C6 with Kooks, catted x-pipe and GHL droned like a spoiled wife after having her credit card declined at Nordstroms - constant and irritating.

I just installed the very same set-up! I'm debating whether to change out the catted X-pipe with an offroad X-pipe. Looking for the extra degree of loudness.

Matt
Old 03-03-2009, 12:28 AM
cencalc6
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Viprklr

I just installed the very same set-up! I'm debating whether to change out the catted X-pipe with an offroad X-pipe. Looking for the extra degree of loudness.

Matt
Supercharged, FI Cam,Corsa exhaust, offroad x-pipe = Ultimate Sound and still NO Drone , can't get better than that
Old 03-03-2009, 12:50 AM
COR Wheels
Pro

Originally Posted by cencalc6
Supercharged, FI Cam,Corsa exhaust, offroad x-pipe = Ultimate Sound and still NO Drone , can't get better than that
Would love to hear your setup!!!

Keep up the modding everyone
Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
SS MPSTR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Viprklr

Matt

I heard one at the track on Saturday, and I think I like the catted x-pipe a tad better. Did you decide to swap it out yet?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

That is exactly why we recommend Corsa and use it in all of our pacakges.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Fast06Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Kooks headers, catted X pipe and muffler mod with a cam and normal bolt ons. It sounds really good. It really woke up when we installed the cam in it. But even prior to when I had the kooks and muffler mod it sounded great as well. Before the kooks sounded almost the same with just the mufller mod.

My recommendation. No cam ......just do muffler mod. Sounds just like Corsas IMHO. Doing a cam .......go with headers and muffler mod.

Heres a crappy video of my car from last nite. but gives you the idea.

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=VID00001.flv
Old 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
comes alive
Instructor

Default kooks

Originally Posted by Fast06Z06
I have Kooks headers, catted X pipe and muffler mod with a cam and normal bolt ons. It sounds really good. It really woke up when we installed the cam in it. But even prior to when I had the kooks and muffler mod it sounded great as well. Before the kooks sounded almost the same with just the mufller mod.

My recommendation. No cam ......just do muffler mod. Sounds just like Corsas IMHO. Doing a cam .......go with headers and muffler mod.

That sounds great, I just installed my kooks , x and fusions.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Fast06Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by comes alive
That sounds great, I just installed my kooks , x and fusions.
Thanks. Do you have a cam? Any sounds clips?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:27 PM
SS MPSTR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fast06Z06

Sounds good, but a cam will change the effect of any exhaust system.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:38 PM
WFO
Drifting

Originally Posted by tjwong
You will find that your Corsa's will not drone no matter what they are connected to. In my car she drones a bit in 6th when speeds are below 75 MPH, my car is heavily cammed with ARH headers with a CAT'd X pipe. In other cars I have worked on with Corsa's and headers they do not drone at any speed or in any gear, so in my car with the cam combined it does a little bit in 6th gear low speed driving conditions, so I just keep her in 5th under those conditions.

Crap, theres' a sixth gear?

Get notified of new replies

To Kooks, catted x-pipe, Corsa = no drone

Quick Reply: [Z06] Kooks, catted x-pipe, Corsa = no drone