Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Northest Muffler Mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:22 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Northest Muffler Mod

Had the Muffler Mod done yesterday.at Lou's custom Exhaust in Manchester NH with locations scattered around NH and Ma.for those of you who would like it done.The first one done by this shop so I supplied the instructions and pics. very well worded and taken and found here through a search.Good job guys.Well back to Lou's,top notch bunch.50 years experience in the trade.also drags his own Z28 late 60's Camaro.I was in at 8:00 am and out by 1:00 Even repainted my mufflers.When I fired it up all the techs in the shop ran over to the bay.Words such as "sick" "Ferrari" " Perfect sound for a vette" etc. were shared among each other.Lou's will do the mod Monday -Friday by appt. Ask for John in Manchester store.They charged $285.00 but it was the first time so the cost might get less as they reduce the time taken to do it.Sound bites do not accurately describe the sound.I would say 40% louder at idle and start up ,50% louder on hard accel.with a slight not aggressive popping sound on deaccel. Why pay $1300.00?BTW for anyone thinking of purchasing an X-Pipe Chevy did an OK job with the stock H-Pipe Lou said waste of money "a scam to sell product" The stock pipe's flow has LESS restriction then the colliding gases in the X of the X-Pipe so he did not try to sell me one.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:35 AM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Quick Reply: [Z06] Northest Muffler Mod