Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Sequential shift just a few parts away?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 06:14 PM
GregJ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
You would never use 6th, with this gear box, and this mastershift, at Lemans

Do you work for Pratt?
not taliking about Le Mans the race and a stock Z06. Just making reference to long straights you can let out the "horses." I would guess this gearbox is a great street and occasional track toy.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:43 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
Do you realize the strain on the synchros while doing that?

IMO, this is a gimmick really.

And for the record, ALL of the motorcycles, are all dog ring engagement. I have never worked on a motorcycle that has synchros.
IMHO, It's a gimmick also. Still uses the stock internal shift linkage and adds the complexity of additional levers and arms.

Motorcycles transmissions are a totally different design, a true sequential gear box regardless of synchro type. I think some of the old hand shift Harleys had 1st gear synchros but they were an automotive type trans, not a DSG. My '71 Kawasaki H1 had a DSG with Neutral at the bottom, up 1 for first, no neutral in between until the other bike manufacturers forced Kawasaki to put 1st at the bottom, with a neutral in between just like all bikes are now.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Sequential shift just a few parts away?