Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LS7 owners chime in, please

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbeast1
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Just got the word back from the dealership. They have determined it's a broken rocker arm @ this point. The parts are on order from the Charlotte factory, should be here(in Chattanooga, Tn) Monday(Tuesday @ the latest). You can just barely see the push rod in the one pix. But the Gm tech said, it showed no sign of damage. Plus, looking back thru the achives of the OBDII(I suppose) he also, told mr the rocker arm broke while the engine was only turning @ 900RPM(this is no misprint, 9 hundred RPM).

As you can see by the pix above, some(or alot really) of the needle bearings are missing.

Build Date: 03/08

Thanks again,
Don
WARNING! get them to replace the push rod even if you pay for it. It is not worth the risk not to replace it.

Jim
Old 08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
bbbeast1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbeast1
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Just got the word back from the dealership. They have determined it's a broken rocker arm @ this point. The parts are on order from the Charlotte factory, should be here(in Chattanooga, Tn) Monday(Tuesday @ the latest). You can just barely see the push rod in the one pix. But the Gm tech said, it showed no sign of damage. Plus, looking back thru the achives of the OBDII(I suppose) he also, told mr the rocker arm broke while the engine was only turning @ 900RPM(this is no misprint, 9 hundred RPM).

As you can see by the pix above, some(or alot really) of the needle bearings are missing.

Build Date: 03/08

Thanks again,
Don
Hate to hear about all of the additional rocker arm issues you guy/gals are experiencing out there. But, just as a FYI during (and after) my move(drivin The Z) out here to the Houston(Tx) area. For work, along w/ the fact, I'm now up to 8K on the clock. I have not had any more rocker arm or any other issues w/ The Z(knock on wood)! Not to mention, the GY Run Flats are still holdin up decent, also. Even w/ my abuse of the throttle while going through those first two or three shifts of the 6 speed

I'll be relocating to Passcgula(sp?) Mississippi(takin The Z w/ me first of Sept. To be on the project job site for a yr. or so

Take care

Last edited by bbbeast1; 08-11-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:03 AM
CPG1962
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10
Default 950 HP and Torque >> No Problem

..........even with 20K miles. However, I am waiting. I look at it this way.........If it goes I have an opportunity to build an indestructable beast

Quick Reply: [Z06] LS7 owners chime in, please