Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone regret adding a ZR1 front splitter??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 03:24 AM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regrets??? Votes not in yet

Hey everyone, I usually don't rant but after at least 12 phone calls and hearing " we're sorry for any inconvenience " at least 20 times....6 weeks , 4 days and many hours later, I finally received my ZR1 splitter from Ecklers CORVETTE. I'm fairly handy and have a nice man cave w/ all the extras but for 600 bucks, you'd think you would get directions for correct install. I've been pissed before but no matter how hard I tried the 1 they sent just didn't fit properly. I was fuming. Im 1 of those guys who likes n needs pics 2 n kept wondering if I was doing something wrong. Well, thank God for CorvetteForum cuz I've no doubt my 600 bucks would have come off at 150++ as mine came w/NOTHING, NO DIRECTIONS, NO REINFORCEMENTS OF ANY KIND...just nada. Even tho I had to get innovative, I finally(4th time and 6 hours later) got it where I wanted it, albeit with 8 extra self tapping screws . However, it just never really sat flush against the facia and both ends are about a half inch short. Im in love w/ the look but have that SOMETHING JUST DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT eating at my WALLET!! I REINFORCED IT as much as I could but it does not feel like it could take 160. I don't have money to throw away like that. Not sure what I'm going to do. Im so tired of Ecklers incompetent bs and DO NOT WANT TO CALL THEM to hear " we're sorry for any inconvenience "....jesus....here we go again. Oh, ps, only went around my neighborhood but getting out of my driveway was like major surgery. And YEA!! I WILL BE VERY CAREFUL, MUCH MORE SO NOW. CHEERS ALL. Rob
Old 08-02-2016, 06:32 AM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Default Reply to mark

Originally Posted by supercoolsix
Hey CF family,

I was wondering if anyone regrets adding a ZR1 front splitter?? The looks definitely killer but has your driving habits changed? A lot more cautious? Do you care if you scrape the bottom? Where did you get your splitter?

Thanks in advance!!
Mark
Hi Mark, my post is under RobsC6Z51w....anyhoo,
Like I said no regrets yet but it is funny how so
Many people tell you if you've owned a lowered car
Before you'll b ok etc... Just like I change hats
From flying a G4 to a triple 7, my point is we all
Lose focus sometimes n w/this splitter on a lowered
CORVETTE, all it takes is that truck tire headed
STRAIGHT for you or that 1 bad Phone call n...
$$$$$ Down the drain. It's inevitable buddy.
Ok...Answers....im sure mine are in the majority,
Driving habits...Big chg.As a Pilot Mark, im HUGE
Into F1(and Indy Car)As aerodynamics/dnforce
...all that stuff...love it but I honestly did not buy
My splitter cuz of looks, I bought it cuz I desp.
Needed "SOME" amt of dnforce in my profile, w/o
It, I was going to crash.I sent this to you personally
Because when I joined bk up after A VERY LONG
TIME not active in CorvetteForum, my first post was
A (i thought) very innocent TRUE STORY of my
"RACING" HIGHLIGHTS....My top 3 wins, ALL on
Beauquet Canyon rd and beating my bosses FERARRI.
It honestly was no big deal although we were very
Close in HP, WT etc. I have 4 years exp in F(2) n with
That exp it wasn't that hard to beat a 64yo man
That wasn't much in the corners...ya know??most
Folks took it way to serious n I caught hell 4 it. That
Said, I've found out that you absolutely CAN'T be ...
Well...honest! It's a shame you can't discuss simple
(To me) things w/o being jumped on, ie: owning
2 Vettes, or 2 Rolexes. No, I don't tlk about it like
A resume or being brash, I was asked about my pics
In my profile. I guess I'm not politically correct! Lol.
Sorry bout the TMI but yea, nobody wants to drag it.
Mine isn't a day old yet and I already have a spot that's
Missing paint. The ONLY WAY to really protect these
Is raise your car bk up so it won't drag. But do that
And your rt back to mediocre handling . Unfortunately
With these spoilers, it's an expensive option and to
Be 100% honest, unless your a professional driver,
I'd say 94% do not know how to push their cars to
The limit where you ACTUALLY WUD KNOW the
Spoiler isn't there!! That's very very true for all these
C7's. Oh, damn...why do I RAMBLE like this? is it
Ever beautiful tho!!! Wow! Fell in love w/ my baby
All over again. But Mark, iM an old fart, I give
N give n give.....point? If you **** me off??
You really suck. So DO NOT BUY ANYTHING
I MEAN NOTHING FROM ECKLERS CORVETTE!
I Spent close to 2 grand w/them and not 1
Single thing was correct. Worse...they don't try
To make you happy. Ok. Im done. Sorry buddy, iM
Damaged goods.....or not. 818-809-3713.'ROB
Old 08-02-2016, 08:42 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 446 Likes on 268 Posts

paragraphs look so much better
Old 08-02-2016, 09:08 AM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

you resurrected a four year old thread to ramble??

Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 AM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

Received 649 Likes on 328 Posts

Pretty damn happy with my $180 ebay ABS plastic one. I had it painted gloss black to match the car, and it is flexible for those times it scrapes. So it wont crack like a fiberglass or $600 CF one. Looks awesome and fit well.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Still no regrets on my RPI splitter. Haven't scraped it
Old 08-02-2016, 09:10 PM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Default ZR1 splitters

I didn't resurrect anything , I only answered someone. Is that ok with you? Some things don't die moron. If they did, nobody would make parts because they are "4years old" . Deal with it and make positive comments or just shut up. Cheers
Old 08-03-2016, 08:36 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsC6Z51w/508hp
I didn't resurrect anything , I only answered someone. Is that ok with you? Some things don't die moron. If they did, nobody would make parts because they are "4years old" . Deal with it and make positive comments or just shut up. Cheers
Attachment 48361839
Old 08-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Tech
Safety Car

I don't think you understand what resurrecting a thread means.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:41 AM
m.whitmell
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

i regret putting one on...was a fiberglass one. One shot putting the car up on race ramps killed it.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:02 PM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by m.whitmell
i regret putting one on...was a fiberglass one. One shot putting the car up on race ramps killed it.

Is that kinda like trying to put your very lowered car on a wrecker? I know what you mean, Jesus just getting out of my no big deal driveway requires
A few moves to get out almost sideways. Htf has anybody successfully kept one of these expensive suckers on their car?? Oh well, I'll just enjoy it while it's there. Cheers!! R.......
Old 08-03-2016, 12:51 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Is that kinda like trying to put your very lowered car on a wrecker? I know what you mean, Jesus just getting out of my no big deal driveway requires
A few moves to get out almost sideways. Htf has anybody successfully kept one of these expensive suckers on their car?? Oh well, I'll just enjoy it while it's there. Cheers!! R.......
I've had my $1000 cf splitter on since 2011....no issues...just a few scrape marks underneath. I guess I know how to drive.....
Old 08-03-2016, 01:25 PM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by LFZ
I've had my $1000 cf splitter on since 2011....no issues...just a few scrape marks underneath. I guess I know how to drive.....
Wow, I guess you do. I just put mine on. But mine is painted fiberglass n it feels ....kinda weak. Im going to fabricate a structured reinforcement so I'm not one of MANY who had there's come off at high speed. And im not picking at ya but it sounds like you have more money than....well you know. I've read at least 50 posts of Vette owners that SPENT as little as 200 bucks up to my cost, about 500. Was a ZR1 splitter an endangered species 5 years ago? That's awfully steep. But who's counting money when you can drive?? Go get Em!!! Cheers. R_____
Old 08-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Wow, I guess you do. I just put mine on. But mine is painted fiberglass n it feels ....kinda weak. Im going to fabricate a structured reinforcement so I'm not one of MANY who had there's come off at high speed. And im not picking at ya but it sounds like you have more money than....well you know. I've read at least 50 posts of Vette owners that SPENT as little as 200 bucks up to my cost, about 500. Was a ZR1 splitter an endangered species 5 years ago? That's awfully steep. But who's counting money when you can drive?? Go get Em!!! Cheers. R_____
If you make them too rigid, they'll crack instead of bend/scrape in a less-destructive way.

Where are all of these people complaining about their splitters coming off at high speed? I've been 140+ a few times, and 120+ many times since I installed my RPI spoiler. Most people who spend much time at high speed, don't use the same kinda splitter the rest of us do.

BTW, there are still $1k splitters. Most people buy them for appearance. People who race or simply must have the best spend more than $500 on a splitter.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:55 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

It is a APR splitter....you get what you pay for....remember, we are driving Z06s, not scions.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:27 PM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by LFZ
It is a APR splitter....you get what you pay for....remember, we are driving Z06s, not scions.
Ok ok ok!! Try not to pee your panties dude!! First off, who do you drive for?? Must be a huge NASCAR team or AMG PERTRONAS cuz although it's your money to waste and that's exactly what you're doing because as an X Professional Driver, I know 90% of CORVETTE owners just are not capable
Of pushing their cars to the limit. OR...knowing and BEING ABLE TO TELL A 500$ SPLITTER from a 1000 $ splitter. Although I've no doubt YOU CAN!
I'M VERY IMPRESSED. VERY. I doubt Lewis Hamilton would know and could feel the difference. Keep spending dude! Live for today! Who needs money to retire?? Not us Z06 owners!! Ahhh, just messin with ya buddy. Drive safe and see ya at the F1 tracks. Cheers.R____
Old 08-03-2016, 02:48 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Ok ok ok!! Try not to pee your panties dude!! First off, who do you drive for?? Must be a huge NASCAR team or AMG PERTRONAS cuz although it's your money to waste and that's exactly what you're doing because as an X Professional Driver, I know 90% of CORVETTE owners just are not capable
Of pushing their cars to the limit. OR...knowing and BEING ABLE TO TELL A 500$ SPLITTER from a 1000 $ splitter. Although I've no doubt YOU CAN!
I'M VERY IMPRESSED. VERY. I doubt Lewis Hamilton would know and could feel the difference. Keep spending dude! Live for today! Who needs money to retire?? Not us Z06 owners!! Ahhh, just messin with ya buddy. Drive safe and see ya at the F1 tracks. Cheers.R____
Dude..!! You quit your job as a racecar driver and now yous a financial advisor??? I guess dats wat you gotta do when you cheap. I also did not know you got some psychic powers and dats how you know me so well bro.... Have some fun with that Z and don't be droppin valves like they hott.

Cheers

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone regret adding a ZR1 front splitter??

Old 08-03-2016, 02:54 PM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by LFZ
Dude..!! You quit your job as a racecar driver and now yous a financial advisor??? I guess dats wat you gotta do when you cheap. I also did not know you got some psychic powers and dats how you know me so well bro.... Have some fun with that Z and don't be droppin valves like they hott.

Cheers
LOL! I see English is not your main launguage.sorry you can't tk a joke. It's all good. For the record, im a Professional pilot and yes, I actually do work p/t as a financial consultant. Hmmm.now did you know??
Old 08-03-2016, 03:00 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

LOL! I see English is not your main launguage.sorry you can't tk a joke. It's all good. For the record, im a Professional pilot and yes, I actually do work p/t as a financial consultant. Hmmm.now did you know??
LOL!
Old 08-03-2016, 03:02 PM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by LFZ

Cheers
Almost forgot, wHO SAID I QUIT? Yes, I am an X Professional racer but do drive professionally as a stunt driver out here. My wife is a medical professional in the motion picture Ind and being fairly senior with my airline ( I never bring it up,) I have lots of time off. It pays really well and have a ton of fun doing it. I just wish I could drive as awesome as you do. You're my hero!!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone regret adding a ZR1 front splitter??