Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] z06 ecm location please

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Turbo Kid
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default z06 ecm location please

Hi, where is the ecm located on a 08 z06 please?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Behind the right fender. Accessed through the wheelhouse liner. If you look through the outlet vents of the fender you can see it.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 04-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Turbo Kid
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks!!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:25 AM
4evervette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since we talking ECU ...can we swap 2 ECU's ( both for the same VIN) ..with no tech 2 ..i.e security learn or other similar stuff
Old 03-11-2014, 07:05 PM
MIZR1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
Behind the right fender. Accessed through the wheelhouse liner. If you look through the outlet vents of the fender you can see it.
Does anyone have a picture? Where is it in relation to the oil tank? I must be blind, or else I haven't taken enough of the fender liner out
Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Svre46
Pro

Originally Posted by MIZR1
Does anyone have a picture? Where is it in relation to the oil tank? I must be blind, or else I haven't taken enough of the fender liner out
Stick your arm up in there behind the fender and you will feel it. You have to basically go in blindly. I removed mine last year. Its right behind the tank in the side vent area. It is mounted to a bracket with two bolts...or maybe one now that I think about it and some sort of tab it slid into. Also watch out for rough edges.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:33 PM
songman3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Name:  ecm and oil tnk.jpg
Views: 14536
Size:  94.8 KB
The following users liked this post:
nextchapt (07-16-2016)
Old 03-12-2014, 06:34 PM
MIZR1
Advanced

Thanks all, for the quick help.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:57 PM
JohnRR
Burning Brakes

Received 279 Likes on 187 Posts

Thanks everyone!!! This forum has helped me in so many ways!

Here's some more detail on the ECM removal:

You can gain more room by removing (2) 7mm hex fender screws. One is underneath the rocker. The other is behind the oil tank and can be easily reached by hand.

I removed the (2) 10mm hex screws on the ECM which allowed the it to drop down so I could get a better look at the electrical connectors.

The electrical connectors are of the magical Indiana Jones style. If you don't know the special trick, they will not release. Use a flat screwdriver to move the little red lock. Press on the little black square in the middle of the connector (see pic in above post), and then lift on the connector clamp. One connector inside is black and one is gray.

Hope this helps,
John
Old 07-16-2016, 01:40 PM
nextchapt
Heel & Toe

Default There is an easier way

Originally Posted by JohnRR
Thanks everyone!!! This forum has helped me in so many ways!

Here's some more detail on the ECM removal:

You can gain more room by removing (2) 7mm hex fender screws. One is underneath the rocker. The other is behind the oil tank and can be easily reached by hand.

I removed the (2) 10mm hex screws on the ECM which allowed the it to drop down so I could get a better look at the electrical connectors.

The electrical connectors are of the magical Indiana Jones style. If you don't know the special trick, they will not release. Use a flat screwdriver to move the little red lock. Press on the little black square in the middle of the connector (see pic in above post), and then lift on the connector clamp. One connector inside is black and one is gray.

Hope this helps,
John
I know this is a somewhat old thread, but since many of us use older threads to advise us on current challenges, I'm going to post an "improvement" to the above:

You don't need to take the 10mm bolts out to bring the ECM down on the Z06. There is a big plastic clamp-like thing holding the ECM. At the bottom, you will see two horizontal 1 inch long plastic tangs that hold the clamp thing to the body of the car. Push up lightly on both while pulling the bottom of the ECM away horizontally from the side of the car. The tangs will release. Push the ECM vertically and it will unhook from the top slots and you can rotate it down.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by nextchapt
I know this is a somewhat old thread, but since many of us use older threads to advise us on current challenges, I'm going to post an "improvement" to the above:

You don't need to take the 10mm bolts out to bring the ECM down on the Z06. There is a big plastic clamp-like thing holding the ECM. At the bottom, you will see two horizontal 1 inch long plastic tangs that hold the clamp thing to the body of the car. Push up lightly on both while pulling the bottom of the ECM away horizontally from the side of the car. The tangs will release. Push the ECM vertically and it will unhook from the top slots and you can rotate it down.
If you didn't have to remove the single 10mm head bolt at the bottom of the plastic bracket, then someone probably removed the ECM before you and didn't replace it, or didn't tighten it and it fell out. That's a problem.,

Get notified of new replies

To z06 ecm location please

Quick Reply: [Z06] z06 ecm location please