Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Corsa's...headers....zero drone

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:32 AM
u1arunit
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geared

my neighbor has a loud dog, I have a loud car
my other neighbor has obnoxious kids, I have an obnoxious car
I love your thinking!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

modified mufflers sound like a choir boy compared to this setup.....so corsas + headers are not for you, I can assure you that...unless you move neighborhoods, or stop caring about what the neighbors think.

my neighbor has a loud dog, I have a loud car
my other neighbor has obnoxious kids, I have an obnoxious car
This set up is louder than a Z06 with the "muffler mod"? Seriously? It must be friggin louder than hell then. I better look around a bit more if it's louder, or as loud as what I have now. Sonofabich, I'm tired of looking...I'm not about to pay 2200 for the Akra set up. It's a matter of principle I suppose. I just can't do it.

The outlet valves on my mufflers default to the open position, even if I select the 'quiet' mode before shutting the car down. So when I start it cold, it's heard all over the neighborhood. I can't drive the car anywhere without people taking notice. Hell, I was called in to the police for "excessive speed" by a civilian, even though I was driving well within the speed limit. That wouldn't be so bad if I didn't live in a small town and have the only Z around.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:59 PM
HoustonSVT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, listen to the link below, their pretty loud, they sound great to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC3imchN4wg
The following users liked this post:
anchito27 (11-14-2023)
Old 05-16-2011, 12:35 AM
eurotrashkicker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the ballpark pricing on Corsa axel back's? Thanks.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:43 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotrashkicker
What's the ballpark pricing on Corsa axel back's? Thanks.
Southern Car Parts has them priced at $1599. If anybody else has a better price I'd like to see it. I'm considering a Corsa system myself.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HoustonSVT
Yea, listen to the link below, their pretty loud, they sound great to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC3imchN4wg
At start up and idle, the Corsa does not seam to be nearly as loud as the modified muffler set up I have. High RPM loudness is debatable. Definitely a different tone, but not any louder. Probably not quite as loud. I think I'm just going to order the axle back and give it a whirl.

Originally Posted by Les
Southern Car Parts has them priced at $1599. If anybody else has a better price I'd like to see it. I'm considering a Corsa system myself.
Amazon has it for less, with free shipping.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

At start up and idle, the Corsa does not seam to be nearly as loud as the modified muffler set up I have. High RPM loudness is debatable. Definitely a different tone, but not any louder. Probably not quite as loud. I think I'm just going to order the axle back and give it a whirl.
lol, as I have posted above, thats completely incorrect. Your judging based on a crappy cell phone cam with horrible sound (tons of interference).

I have first hand experience with both setups, and as I mentioned, the corsa is SIGNIFICANTLY louder - especially when paired with headers.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

lol, as I have posted above, thats completely incorrect. Your judging based on a crappy cell phone cam with horrible sound (tons of interference).

I have first hand experience with both setups, and as I mentioned, the corsa is SIGNIFICANTLY louder - especially when paired with headers.
well you never said you had "first hand experience". now that you've shared that piece of information, I'll take your word for it and move onto something different.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Amazon has it for less, with free shipping.
They show Corsa systems but not the one for the Z06. Do you have any specific info on this?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Totally disagree.....at idle the corsa's are quieter then my unchanged setup and zr1 mufflers with the flap open. (as I stated before I can't stand the flap closed note). At full throttle past 4000rpm the corsa's are louder hands down.....

Keep in mind corsa's from a couple years ago are different internally then now so anyone interested should try and hear a more current set.

FYI....katech has the best price around hands down.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I grabbed some video with my go pro setup and wasn't happy with the audio. (polycarbonate cover really muffles things). So now I have my hd camera setup with a fat gecko mount off the back bumper that should do the trick......or at least film spectacular video of my nice hd camera falling off the back
Old 09-26-2018, 08:30 PM
etazbaz
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Six-Gun-Todd
I've read some posts lately about Corsa mufflers and drone with headers and x-pipes and thought it might be good to throw my experience on the heap.

So....with Kooks headers and catted x-pipe on a bolt on car there is absolutely no drone and just an awesome exhaust note. I know Corsa offers a couple different kits so this applies to part number 14164. Give me a couple days and I'll try and get some go-pro video off the back bumper
I have the 1-7/8" Kooks LT headers with the catted x-pipe along with the Corsa Sports and can attest to the fact that they do indeed drone. If I can't solve the drone issues these headers are coming off.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:17 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by etazbaz
I have the 1-7/8" Kooks LT headers with the catted x-pipe along with the Corsa Sports and can attest to the fact that they do indeed drone. If I can't solve the drone issues these headers are coming off.
His statements you quoted are over 7 years old, and I know Corsa did have at least one redesign which resulted in a lighter weight axle back system IIRC. So there could be something to that...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Corsa's...headers....zero drone