Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] more about pad and rotor life

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Originally Posted by topmover
sorry for the delay I was out in the gulf all day yesterday. I will try to answer all the questions.

The fronts became abrasive and were taking little chuncks out of the pads after 8 days.

Sofar my ZR1 only has run at Summit Point Main and Sheandoah. I run with a number of clubs and my track times are normally 20-25 mins.

I do both the street and track pad brandish.........lasting only 3 days makes the street brandish a huge pain.

At least some rivets have been visable during every pad change and I have yet to have a sensor indicate a worn pad.
You, Jason and I should really have a gathering at Summit Point Main sometime. I yet to go back to Summit with my '10, but am familiar with it. Just need to get some time. Is there anything open on 8/6, 8/7, 8/20-8/24?

What color is your car?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:32 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,146 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by range96
According to info from SM, the programming was changed significantly for the default mode in MY2010. It is a lot more "forgiving" than on the 2009 cars (for Traction Control and Active Handling).
I don't think this is the case; I think either they miss spoke or they're mistaken. With all-on, the rear brake calipers still play a role in the Traction Control part of the Active Handling System. And again, the yaw control part of the AHS is still in its conservative setting.

Enabling PTM removes the rear calipers from the equation only as traction control devices. They're still activated during yaw control corrections, of course. Enabling PTM also enables the rapid on-off-on-off of the cylinders to keep the *** end in line during acceleration out of corners.

jas
Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Is there anything open on 8/6, 8/7, 8/20-8/24?
Assuming Mother Nature plays along, I'll be there for the FATT on 8/19.

jas
Old 07-27-2011, 02:03 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jvp
Assuming Mother Nature plays along, I'll be there for the FATT on 8/19.

jas
I saw that, but I'll be still down in St. Pete on that Friday. Did you get a set of MPSC yet? JK. With those you could go through a set of pads in no time. I assume the brakes are burnished and ready to go. You will pick up some times just from the seat (you don't have to keep bracing your whole body). One of these days I manage to schedule a FATT.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:09 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

I saw that, but I'll be still down in St. Pete on that Friday.
Well, that's just a fail on your part then, isn't it.

I assume the brakes are burnished and ready to go.
Street yes, track no. First session will be 'wasted' doing the track burnishing.

One of these days I manage to schedule a FATT.
Just let me know which one it is. It's likely I'll attend the rest of them this year, money, pads, and tires willing.

jas
Old 07-27-2011, 04:49 PM
topmover
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

8/20 and 8/21 NASA is at SP..........although if my z06 ever gets right that is what I will be running.

range96 do you run Sebring? I may try to run there once or twice this winter.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

I checked my schedule with the "boss" and she nixed that schedule. I'll probably drive by Sebring, but not drive there. I still have to juggle work and pleasure. I'll also drive "by" VIR, Daytona, West Palm Raceway, Homestead. Can someone fix the market (economy) already??

Will be going to Delray Beach on the 7th, then back to St. Pete (Beeline, RT70, 75, 275) until the 20th coming back to PA. And all this without the Z, just a family car.

When are you going to be in St. Pete?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Blue Angel
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Rotors are $1,299 each...
Just out of curiosity, do you sell the complete rotor for this price or just the disc minus the hat? Are the two able to be separated? I'm just wondering if you are able to get the raw disc cheaper than the complete part through the GM supply channel.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] more about pad and rotor life