Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Well...heads are coming off....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

It wouldn't hurt to re-torque, but don't loose sleep over it if you don't....... As a habit, I would always re-torque everything after a good flogging on a dyno, but rarely did I get any movement. Al heads on iron blocks would move more than all Al or all iron, probably from the different coefficient of expansion.

What did you end up doing with the rockers? Did you figure out why you had the failure? I need to make up my mind what to do with mine today.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I posted a link far above to information from a trusted vendor and his experience in losing head gaskets from arp's coming loose.

If it was my car, I'd check it. Not so hard to do and cheaper than losing an engine due to a head gasket.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 AM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
It wouldn't hurt to re-torque, but don't loose sleep over it if you don't....... As a habit, I would always re-torque everything after a good flogging on a dyno, but rarely did I get any movement. Al heads on iron blocks would move more than all Al or all iron, probably from the different coefficient of expansion.

What did you end up doing with the rockers? Did you figure out why you had the failure? I need to make up my mind what to do with mine today.
Thanks for the info! As far as rockers..RPM redid all.the rockers with a new trunion kit. I still have yet to hear back from Charlie as to why they failed...he was going to contact Comp to see ic there was a bad batch or something. I will def update the thread with any info.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Thank you. I've been deliberating over the Comp upgrade or sending them to CHE for their bushed option. The failure you had with the Comp kit is not the first I've seen or heard about....But bushings that rely on splash for oiling has me a bit troubled. Damn decisions...
Old 02-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I've been deliberating over the Comp upgrade or sending them to CHE for their bushed option. The failure you had with the Comp kit is not the first I've seen or heard about....But bushings that rely on splash for oiling has me a bit troubled. Damn decisions...
+1
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 PM
hapnermw
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. I've been deliberating over the Comp upgrade or sending them to CHE for their bushed option. The failure you had with the Comp kit is not the first I've seen or heard about....But bushings that rely on splash for oiling has me a bit troubled. Damn decisions...
I've had the CHE rockers installed for several years and many track days. When I had the engine rebuilt recently I had them checked out and there were no issues. They are a solid, race proven product without compromise.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Well...heads are coming off....