Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Houston Body Shop Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 05:57 AM
CB1953
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Houston Body Shop Review

A couple of weeks ago I hit a huge tire gator that took out the front splitter on my Carbon. It also loosened things up a little, and scuffed the bumper area below the grill. A fellow forum member recommended a GREAT shop...Brock's Collision. They are located off of Jones Rd/1960. The manager, Larry, is a vette fan, owns a C5Z, and is very oriented to vette freaks. There is a beautiful 67 427 vert sitting in the office/customer waiting area. The shop is clean and well organized.

I got my car back yesterday. It was perfect. Larry went to great lengths to make sure I was satisfied. He was the only person who moved the car, he covered the interior, parked it in a separate garage next to the office. The repairs were superb..you would never know anything had happened to the front end. I also had a clear bra installed while it was there, and that also turned out great.

I know there are some good shops in the Houston area, but if you really want the old school, one-on-one personal attention, give Larry a call.

Brocks Collision
281-469-4875

If anybody needs more details, feel free to send me a PM.

CB
Old 04-20-2012, 06:28 AM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Excellent!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Thanks for sharing CB. Sorry about the damage. I have had my run-ins with tire gators myself and damage on the Katy over the past year and half. It has really become a problem over that period of time and is my biggest concern driving to work every morning in the dark.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:05 AM
CB1953
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GOLD72
Thanks for sharing CB. Sorry about the damage. I have had my run-ins with tire gators myself and damage on the Katy over the past year and half. It has really become a problem over that period of time and is my biggest concern driving to work every morning in the dark.
You're right, but this happened at 4am on 610 where they are doing construction, and it is so dark thru that stretch you can't see a thing. I slow down and take it easy now when I go thru there...
Old 04-20-2012, 03:48 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

How much did he charge for the clear bra? Any bubbles or areas that you can see the lines? Thanks for the post I live close to Jones Rd.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:06 AM
CB1953
Safety Car

Originally Posted by vertC6
How much did he charge for the clear bra? Any bubbles or areas that you can see the lines? Thanks for the post I live close to Jones Rd.
PM sent
Old 04-21-2012, 05:07 PM
TurdsOfMayhem
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the review. I need some touch ups to my Z, and ran by Richey Collision great people to talk to, but were very vague on when they could get me in, and how long it would take (even though it was minor stuff). So might give them a call.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:49 PM
67redrat
Advanced

Avoid strickland chevrolet in pearland.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Z.06
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 103 Posts

Default Richey Road Collision in NW Houston

My experience with these guys was all positive with my 2001 Z06. The workmanship and the paint match were all perfect, down to the reapplication of the factory decals on the door jamb. I hope I never need paint and bodywork again, but if I do on a Corvette, this is the shop I will go to.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Sled Driver
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TurdsOfMayhem
Thanks for the review. I need some touch ups to my Z, and ran by Richey Collision great people to talk to, but were very vague on when they could get me in, and how long it would take (even though it was minor stuff). So might give them a call.
richey collision does great work. they're a little vague on timing because their lot is literally completely packed with cars, all the time. it looks like tetris or something, but with cars.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Lynch Z06
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for the review. My jeep needs some work right now while I am shopping for a new Z
Old 09-22-2012, 03:42 PM
cashs_mom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brock's has been around for years. When John Brock ran it back in the day, it was top notch. They painted a car for me back in the late 80's. After his death, it was sold and went downhill badly for a while. I heard a lot of bad reports about their work so I sort of wrote them off and haven't even considered them to do body work. It sounds like they are back on track. Good to hear.

Richey Collision has done and excellent job for a lot of people I know. They do incredible work from collision to custom
Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM
BigMike NY
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CB1953
A couple of weeks ago I hit a huge tire gator that took out the front splitter on my Carbon. It also loosened things up a little, and scuffed the bumper area below the grill. A fellow forum member recommended a GREAT shop...Brock's Collision. They are located off of Jones Rd/1960. The manager, Larry, is a vette fan, owns a C5Z, and is very oriented to vette freaks. There is a beautiful 67 427 vert sitting in the office/customer waiting area. The shop is clean and well organized.

I got my car back yesterday. It was perfect. Larry went to great lengths to make sure I was satisfied. He was the only person who moved the car, he covered the interior, parked it in a separate garage next to the office. The repairs were superb..you would never know anything had happened to the front end. I also had a clear bra installed while it was there, and that also turned out great.

I know there are some good shops in the Houston area, but if you really want the old school, one-on-one personal attention, give Larry a call.

Brocks Collision
281-469-4875

If anybody needs more details, feel free to send me a PM.

CB
What did the body shop end up doing? Did they have to sand & repaint the bumper cover? Did you go through insurance and how much was the repair?
Old 09-22-2012, 08:08 PM
dollarbill
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Sled Driver
richey collision does great work. they're a little vague on timing because their lot is literally completely packed with cars, all the time. it looks like tetris or something, but with cars.
We shipped my wife's corvette to Richie from Mississippi for repair because of their reputation and paint quality. They matched the Monterey Red which is a 3 stage and hell to match. All panels were painted off the car on racks with proper orientation and the result was dead solid perfect. Well worth the haul and time it took.
Glad to hear about another great shop too.

Get notified of new replies

To Houston Body Shop Review

Quick Reply: [Z06] Houston Body Shop Review