Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My Sumbich gets a Sumbich!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 01:57 PM
blacktavert
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good, Cant wait to hear the results of the tune
Old 02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Turbotank
Instructor

Originally Posted by "NO SHOW"
I'd like to refer to it more like HOW WELL the Kaotik stacks up to that big Sumbich.
However you refer to it its still a SPANKIN!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:18 PM
JChastain
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lower in the rpm range you start the better the kaotik will be. It hits hard down low and in the mid range. You wont have any problems with the sumbich imo. Peak dyno numbers arent all that matters. Keep us posted when the run happens. Im curious!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Turbotank
Instructor

This is a graph of two similar setups to ours... who starts a race below 4k rpms?? Bring it I'm a driver!
Attached Images  
Old 03-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Turbotank
Instructor

Well I have some sad news.... The state of Tennessee has refused to accept my application for "SUMBCH" as my liscense plate....
Old 03-26-2014, 10:00 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbotank
Well I have some sad news.... The state of Tennessee has refused to accept my application for "SUMBCH" as my liscense plate....
REALLY!? This is very disappointing...
Old 03-26-2014, 10:44 AM
"NO SHOW"
Pro

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
REALLY!? This is very disappointing...
It's going to be more disappointing when I whoop that a$$. haha
Old 03-26-2014, 11:20 AM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by "NO SHOW"
It's going to be more disappointing when I whoop that a$$. haha
Old 03-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Turbotank
Instructor

Go back to bed you're still drunk!

Ya David it sucks.....
Old 03-31-2014, 12:11 PM
Turbotank
Instructor

Results are in! 585Hp/527Tq. The car is a blast to drive, it has slightly more cam surge down low than the Kaotic but is a beast up top and the Sound this thing makes is sweet sweet music. The Kaotic is a killer cam but doesn’t sound nearly as aggressive, The differences between to two Cams weren’t as dramatic as I first thought, Brian’s “NoShow” car made within 5-7HP and TQ and in the only run against him neither car had any real advantage. *And the difference in TQ we expected in the Kaotic down low was non-existent. Check out the graphs, you would swear Brian’s and my graphs were from the same car. The Sumbich is a badass cam and in a Max effort build the difference between it and the Kaotic might be a bit more but in my OBX header/K&N intake Vs Brians Haltech/Kooks Headered setup the differences really weren’t that much. I’m still extremely happy I went with the Sumbich It’s the perfect cam for me.

I do have to give a Huge shoutout to the guy’s at Vengeance, Ron,Mike,David,Kevin were awesome! It’s not often that I’m impressed with performance shops as most I’ve dealt with over promised and under delivered and always left me feeling ripped off. From the minute we showed up the guys treated us like family more than customers.* We were seriously small potatoes compared to the cars they had in the shop but they certainly made us feel like we were the only customers they had! And on top of having a blast just BSing with the guys the parts packages they put together for us exceeded everyone’s Goals. *And with Mike tuning them all we left there with cars our Grandma could drive! Thanks again guys!

Here’s the graph of mine and Brian’s, Randy’s (WCCH Heads only Ls7) is the other.
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2014, 11:40 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Results are in! 585Hp/527Tq. The car is a blast to drive, it has slightly more cam surge down low than the Kaotic but is a beast up top and the Sound this thing makes is sweet sweet music. The Kaotic is a killer cam but doesn’t sound nearly as aggressive, The differences between to two Cams weren’t as dramatic as I first thought, Brian’s “NoShow” car made within 5-7HP and TQ and in the only run against him neither car had any real advantage. *And the difference in TQ we expected in the Kaotic down low was non-existent. Check out the graphs, you would swear Brian’s and my graphs were from the same car. The Sumbich is a badass cam and in a Max effort build the difference between it and the Kaotic might be a bit more but in my OBX header/K&N intake Vs Brians Haltech/Kooks Headered setup the differences really weren’t that much. I’m still extremely happy I went with the Sumbich It’s the perfect cam for me.

I do have to give a Huge shoutout to the guy’s at Vengeance, Ron,Mike,David,Kevin were awesome! It’s not often that I’m impressed with performance shops as most I’ve dealt with over promised and under delivered and always left me feeling ripped off. From the minute we showed up the guys treated us like family more than customers.* We were seriously small potatoes compared to the cars they had in the shop but they certainly made us feel like we were the only customers they had! And on top of having a blast just BSing with the guys the parts packages they put together for us exceeded everyone’s Goals. *And with Mike tuning them all we left there with cars our Grandma could drive! Thanks again guys!

Here’s the graph of mine and Brian’s, Randy’s (WCCH Heads only Ls7) is the other.
Thanks for coming down guys. All of us enjoyed your visit and had a great time "talking shop"!!!!

Shoot me some of these videos when you get a chance
Old 04-01-2014, 11:52 AM
cmb396
Le Mans Master

Received 334 Likes on 141 Posts
CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran

Good to know!! I spoke with Kevin a few weeks ago about the same set up as no show, and plan on heading down there sometime this summer to have these mods done. They are not the closest LSX builder/tuner to me, but I'm always looking for a reason to get down south, and they have a great rep!!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Turbotank
Instructor

Originally Posted by cmb396
Good to know!! I spoke with Kevin a few weeks ago about the same set up as no show, and plan on heading down there sometime this summer to have these mods done. They are not the closest LSX builder/tuner to me, but I'm always looking for a reason to get down south, and they have a great rep!!
The kaotic setup in brians car is pretty much the perfect street setup for just about anyone. the Sumbich is just a bit more obnoxious, thats really the name we should use for this cam lol. Heres a couple dyno vids..

Old 04-02-2014, 05:32 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14
Default sumbitch

The kaotic setup in brians car is pretty much the perfect street setup for just about anyone. the Sumbich is just a bit more obnoxious, thats really the name we should use for this cam lol. Heres a couple dyno vids..

http://youtu.be/XCm0KxI6CE4

http://youtu.be/fVaMyi61Cn4
haha,yeah thats a mean cam in there love that idle. sumbitch aptly named
Old 04-02-2014, 11:50 PM
"NO SHOW"
Pro

The kaotic setup in brians car is pretty much the perfect street setup for just about anyone. the Sumbich is just a bit more obnoxious, thats really the name we should use for this cam lol.
I agree with Josh here, I absolutly love my set up, its a very well rounded combo, makes great power, and driveabilty is unbeliebable for the power level its making, the sumbich on the other hand sounds ridiculous!

Quick Reply: [Z06] My Sumbich gets a Sumbich!