Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] C7 sheaper then ZR1????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by RideZX6R
I really just don't see the point of this thread.

You can't buy a ZR1 for sticker anymore. They're dropping in value...

Seems like you guys are just trying to feel better about having an older generation car??

Newer generations always include stuff you simply can't get in previous generations, so they're always better in specific ways. There's no shame in that, as the C7/C7Z will be a victim of it whenever C8 debuts...

That being said... I'd say value per dollar is higher with a Z06, even for a loaded one. Nicer interior, better diff, next gen suspension, A2DP on bluetooth (which is laughable that C6s after 2010 don't have), etc.

And you're comparing the "every box checked" price of a car that's 5 years to the sticker price of an older car.... To me the real comparison would be a used ZR1 to a new Z06 with similar options... which would start to put the argument in the ZR1s favor. But you're saying a loaded Z06 is $1200 cheaper AND IT'S MORE MODERN CAR... How's this a problem?
4,684 built. Ever. 'Nuff said
Old 02-11-2015, 11:05 AM
C6Z06C6
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RideZX6R
I really just don't see the point of this thread.

You can't buy a ZR1 for sticker anymore. They're dropping in value...

Seems like you guys are just trying to feel better about having an older generation car??

Newer generations always include stuff you simply can't get in previous generations, so they're always better in specific ways. There's no shame in that, as the C7/C7Z will be a victim of it whenever C8 debuts...

That being said... I'd say value per dollar is higher with a Z06, even for a loaded one. Nicer interior, better diff, next gen suspension, A2DP on bluetooth (which is laughable that C6s after 2010 don't have), etc.

And you're comparing the "every box checked" price of a car that's 5 years to the sticker price of an older car.... To me the real comparison would be a used ZR1 to a new Z06 with similar options... which would start to put the argument in the ZR1s favor. But you're saying a loaded Z06 is $1200 cheaper AND IT'S MORE MODERN CAR... How's this a problem?
Sorry but the 2015 Z06 is a failure. Maybe in a year or two you will have an argument (if GM gets their **** together). Absolutely no one buys a Corvette for the interior. All the C7 Z fanboys can say right now is how the interior is better then the C6. If you want a nice interior in a 100K+ car buy an AMG.

Last edited by C6Z06C6; 02-11-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Z06C6
Sorry but the 2015 Z06 is a failure. Maybe in a year or two you will have an argument if GM gets their **** together. And absolutely no one buys a Corvette for the interior. That is all the C7 Z fanboys can say right now. If you want a nice interior in a 100K+ car buy an AMG.
Oddly enough, I did look into C63 AMGs (the 2014 and prior model). Those things are spectacular

ZR1s are better by quite a margin though
Old 02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Z06C6
Sorry but the 2015 Z06 is a failure. Maybe in a year or two you will have an argument (if GM gets their **** together). Absolutely no one buys a Corvette for the interior. All the C7 Z fanboys can say right now is how the interior is better then the C6. If you want a nice interior in a 100K+ car buy an AMG.
I'd take a E63 AMG S model for sure
Old 02-11-2015, 02:52 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

C7 looks way better.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:08 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Not at all. The rear is hideous
Old 02-11-2015, 04:11 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

I know that is the cool thing to say but I couldn't disagree more. The new lights look new age and very cutting edge to me. At night when those LEDS light up it looks sick. The C6 rear looks quite dated to me.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:14 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

You guys are seriously arguing exterior design? That is about as subjective as it gets.

That said, the ZR1 is a much cleaner overall design. It's hard to argue otherwise.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:17 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
You guys are seriously arguing exterior design? That is about as subjective as it gets.

That said, the ZR1 is a much cleaner overall design. It's hard to argue otherwise.
I'm just stirring the pot like a lot of guys do in the C7 sections. Truth be told I DO think the C7 is the better looking car which is why I bought one. I could have purchased a mint ZR1 or Z06 for the same price or less than my loaded Stingray Z51. To me all vettes are beautiful machines and I wish I could own 1 of each generation and model.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

The whole argument that ZR1 owners need to feel better about their "old" cars is really weak. Many upgraded from C6Z's. I would imagine that most ZR1 owners could easily get a new Z if they wanted. Further and in all reality, the new Z's performance is highly questionable in all areas.

"Make the ZR1 feel sluggish".....yeah, remember that line...?
Old 02-11-2015, 04:18 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Hood window??
Old 02-11-2015, 04:22 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
The whole argument that ZR1 owners need to feel better about their "old" cars is really weak. Many upgraded from C6Z's. I would imagine that most ZR1 owners could easily get a new Z if they wanted. Further and in all reality, the new Z's performance is highly questionable in all areas.

"Make the ZR1 feel sluggish".....yeah, remember that line...?
No joke......sluggish.....yeah, right....my LS9 feels like a turd. haha. .

I had a deposit on a C7 Z and pulled it with all option constraints and lack of communication from my dealer. I'm glad I did now in retrospect.

I was going to keep my ZR1 either way though as it's too sweet of a car to unload.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:24 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by thegame
Hood window??
I don't mind it personally, but I did add a hood vent for the track:

thegame
Le Mans Master

Only an idiot would call the ZR1 sluggish. It's performance simply cannot be ignored. It's hands down an animal.
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

No argument here, I like the front of the new Z a lot, but the rear is just a bit busy and cheesy for my likings. That being said, it isn't enough to stop me from getting one.
I'm just stirring the pot like a lot of guys do in the C7 sections. Truth be told I DO think the C7 is the better looking car which is why I bought one. I could have purchased a mint ZR1 or Z06 for the same price or less than my loaded Stingray Z51. To me all vettes are beautiful machines and I wish I could own 1 of each generation and model.
That's whats its all about, being happy with you decision

of course your happiness will end when your stingray meets my terminator...
Old 02-11-2015, 04:27 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
No argument here, I like the front of the new Z a lot, but the rear is just a bit busy and cheesy for my likings. That being said, it isn't enough to stop me from getting one.

That's whats its all about, being happy with you decision

of course your happiness will end when your stingray meets my terminator...
NO THAT CAN'T BE.... YOU... YOU WERE DEAD!!!!
Old 02-11-2015, 04:31 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

No joke......sluggish.....yeah, right....my LS9 feels like a turd. haha. .

NO THAT CAN'T BE.... YOU... YOU WERE DEAD!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To C7 sheaper then ZR1????

Old 02-11-2015, 04:31 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

All I am saying is it seems like lately the cool thing to do is bash the C7. I agree that it seems the C7 Z06 is under performing and they obviously have some issues to resolve. Trust me though if all I cared about was performance I would have definitely bought a C6 ZR1. I just drove all 3 models, C6 ZR1, C6 Z06, and C7 Z51 and FOR ME the Stingray was the one I wanted to own and see in the garage. I'm aware it's not the fastest but I do not care about that. I track my car on occasion and take it on road trips. I think it is funny that BEFORE the nineball video came out Viper alley was so depressing. LMAO every thread was how the 5th gen is not much better than the 4th gen and how Ralph really screwed up and then as soon as the nineball video was released MAN DID THOSE GUYS FIND A VOICE. lmao Just buy what you love and drive it. We are all car guys and should at least share that bond.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:53 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

All I am saying is it seems like lately the cool thing to do is bash the C7. I agree that it seems the C7 Z06 is under performing and they obviously have some issues to resolve. Trust me though if all I cared about was performance I would have definitely bought a C6 ZR1. I just drove all 3 models, C6 ZR1, C6 Z06, and C7 Z51 and FOR ME the Stingray was the one I wanted to own and see in the garage. I'm aware it's not the fastest but I do not care about that. I track my car on occasion and take it on road trips. I think it is funny that BEFORE the nineball video came out Viper alley was so depressing. LMAO every thread was how the 5th gen is not much better than the 4th gen and how Ralph really screwed up and then as soon as the nineball video was released MAN DID THOSE GUYS FIND A VOICE. lmao Just buy what you love and drive it. We are all car guys and should at least share that bond.
I don't see many at all bashing the C7 Stingray. It's only gotten positive press since it's came out. The C7 Z06 is awesome too, but GM needs to make a few tweaks it appears to get it perform consistently as a 650hp car should.

All Vettes are good Vettes IMO. Anyone that owns a Vette, especially a late model C6 Z car or C7 should consider themselves lucky and not argue semantics for anything other than entertainment value.

I'll take one of each Vette generation and model along with a Viper, McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche, etc.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:56 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

I don't see many at all bashing the C7 Stingray. It's only gotten positive press since it's came out. The C7 Z06 is awesome too, but GM needs to make a few tweaks it appears to get it perform consistently as a 650hp car should.

All Vettes are good Vettes IMO. Anyone that owns a Vette, especially a late model C6 Z car or C7 should consider themselves lucky and not argue semantics for anything other than entertainment value.

I'll take one of each Vette generation and model along with a Viper, McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche, etc.
Completely 100% agree

Quick Reply: [ZR1] C7 sheaper then ZR1????