Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Another Car Transformed With LG Motorsports Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 05:56 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Another Car Transformed With LG Motorsports Parts

We recently wrapped up another suspension transformation on a customer's 2011 Z07 equipped Z06. He was a little reluctant to change out everything that GM worked so hard to engineer (springs, shocks, sway bars etc), but after agreeing to let me change the parts out, he couldn't be happier.

The customer had quite a few track days under his belt and had a good handle on the car. He had personal bests at the local tracks (Thunderhill and Laguna Seca) so we had good data to work with.

After a day and a half in the shop installing LG Motorsports mono ball control arm bushings, GT2 adjustable coil overs, G2 sway bars and camber kit we got the car on the alignment rack/scales to get it dialed in. I basically duplicated the settings under my C6Z that has proved itself to be very competitive.

After picking the car up, the customer basically headed straight to the track to test the new setup. After a couple phone calls and me offering shock setting and tire pressure advise, he reported back that he was 6 seconds faster at Laguna Seca. The next weekend he went to Thunderhill and reported over a 3 second improvement compared to his previous personal best only a couple weeks prior.

For anybody on the fence about what mods to do to help make a great track car, look no further than LG Motorsports. I have a lot to thank them for with all the support and assistance they've given me on our car, but it's really enjoyable to see others getting the same results.

Logan, thanks for the business and I told you this stuff works.

His car....

My LG Motorsports equipped C6Z that is currently leading Optima's Search For The Ultimate Street Car point chase.

Last edited by RichieRichZ06; 08-24-2016 at 06:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (08-24-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 02:29 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Good stuff! Slang for Way to go!

Thanks for choosing our parts

Lou Gigliotti
Old 08-25-2016, 07:48 PM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

I did the same thing to my Zo7 except poly bushings and the G2 tuned coil overs from LG. Very happy Anthony talked me into the G2's as no adjusting mistakes and my car is transformed, keeping up w/ everyone. I thought my Zo7 was awesome till I went with LG and stepped it up quiet a few notches.

Last edited by seamus2154; 08-27-2016 at 10:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (08-31-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 10:35 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by seamus2154
I did the same thing to my Zo7 except poly bushings and the GT tuned coil overs from LG. Very happy Anthony talked me into the Gt's as no adjusting mistakes and my car is transformed, keeping up w/ everyone. I thought my Zo7 was awesome till I went with LG and stepped it up quiet a few notches.
It's amazing how soft and unresponsive the stock Z07 suspension is. It's great for the street, but there is no comparison after going with a good set of bushings, springs and sways. It literally makes the stock car feel like a school bus in comparison.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:35 AM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Very true Rich. I still think the Zo7 is the best "real" package GM ever put out. When I first got mine in 2011 after having others, I was so impressed with the ride and handling. Really awesome for the street. Road trips were more enjoyable, and handled great in the twisties. It could hold it's own for an occasional track day. BUT once you start tracking and using the brakes the suspension cannot keep up. If you track often, take instruction, and get skilled there is no way out of getting the LG suspension components to mate w/ the CCB for an awesome competitive setup. Night and day difference w/ LG.
Love the CCB but tracking more now it is an expensive consumable as I just needed front rotors! Considering AP calipers and switching over to iron.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:30 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
We recently wrapped up another suspension transformation on a customer's 2011 Z07 equipped Z06. He was a little reluctant to change out everything that GM worked so hard to engineer (springs, shocks, sway bars etc), but after agreeing to let me change the parts out, he couldn't be happier.

The customer had quite a few track days under his belt and had a good handle on the car. He had personal bests at the local tracks (Thunderhill and Laguna Seca) so we had good data to work with.

After a day and a half in the shop installing LG Motorsports mono ball control arm bushings, GT2 adjustable coil overs, G2 sway bars and camber kit we got the car on the alignment rack/scales to get it dialed in. I basically duplicated the settings under my C6Z that has proved itself to be very competitive.

After picking the car up, the customer basically headed straight to the track to test the new setup. After a couple phone calls and me offering shock setting and tire pressure advise, he reported back that he was 6 seconds faster at Laguna Seca. The next weekend he went to Thunderhill and reported over a 3 second improvement compared to his previous personal best only a couple weeks prior.

For anybody on the fence about what mods to do to help make a great track car, look no further than LG Motorsports. I have a lot to thank them for with all the support and assistance they've given me on our car, but it's really enjoyable to see others getting the same results.

Logan, thanks for the business and I told you this stuff works.

His car....

My LG Motorsports equipped C6Z that is currently leading Optima's Search For The Ultimate Street Car point chase.

Same setup you did on my car also. I'm loving it and can't wait to get the hood on next week.

Big thanks to LG and Abel
The following 3 users liked this post by DUMAN:
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (08-31-2016), LG Motorsports (08-28-2016), RichieRichZ06 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 02:14 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by DUMAN
Same setup you did on my car also. I'm loving it and can't wait to get the hood on next week.

Big thanks to LG and Abel
I wanna see pics of the hood when they get it on the car!
Old 08-31-2016, 02:16 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Richie is doing it today.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Car Transformed With LG Motorsports Parts

Quick Reply: [Z06] Another Car Transformed With LG Motorsports Parts