Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Where to get injector O-rings?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 11:06 AM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Where to get injector O-rings?

I want to pull the intake to port and do a catch can while the intake is off. I'd also like the clean the injectors and replace the o-rings while there.

After several searches I wasn't able to find which size and material o-rings to order for the injectors. Does anyone have the size and material information or a good source of an injector rebuilt kit?

The o-rings are for stock 2009 LS7 injectors.

On a side note:
The injector duty cycle is 95% WOT. Should I bite the bullet and spend the extra money for larger injectors for a ZR1 or other injector recommendation?
Old 09-02-2016, 11:18 AM
MUKAK
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

i used Ace Hardware orings with good luck.. they have many diff sizes, just bring ur old oring to match
Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

I've bought them from Autozone for other LSx vehicles. I'm not so sure I'd trust any regular ole o-ring with the same dimensions.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Better safe than sorry - pony up the bucks and find them as cheap as possible from a GM parts re-seller.

You could ask the aftermarket injector companies as well.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:35 PM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

Here ya go
Seal kit
The following users liked this post:
MickVette (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 01:38 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by MickVette
I want to pull the intake to port and do a catch can while the intake is off. I'd also like the clean the injectors and replace the o-rings while there.
If you're sending them out to be serviced (cleaned/flow matched), most likely whomever you send them to can replace the O-rings.

On a side note:
The injector duty cycle is 95% WOT. Should I bite the bullet and spend the extra money for larger injectors for a ZR1 or other injector recommendation?
You're certainly pushing it.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:04 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by AzMotorhead
Here ya go
Seal kit
Here is an update on the seal kit in case anyone else was wanting to get one:
"The status of your order has changed and we wanted to keep you up to date.

PART UNAVAILABLE:

Our apologies but according to our database, the part or parts you ordered are unavailable at this time. We have now canceled your order and voided out your payment"

Well, it looks like injectors might be a safer option for this car anyway. Any recommendations on brand/size that tunes well with HPTuners? I calculate about a 48lb/hr injector would be a little under 80% duty cycle so anywhere in that range should be fine.

Last edited by MickVette; 09-06-2016 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

LS9/A injectors. Either those or ID's. If you have an 09 or older, you'll need to scale the tune if you go with ID's. Not a big deal, but I generally do not like scaling if it can be avoided, even if you do the simpler stoic scaling method.
MickVette (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Chris Scott
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't like pushing the limits of fuel injectors because you're not leaving yourself much room for error.

The thing about buying random o-rings is that you can't be sure of the material it is made (unless it is specified). You want something that is compatible with the fuel you are using, especially important if you are running anything alcohol based.

I purchased my lower o-rings from Lingenfelter and the uppers I bought directly from the manufacturer of the injector (Bosch). Not cheap, but cheaper than having problems.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:19 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

ID is VERY proud of their injectors!!!! OUCH!

For the record I wouldn't install random o-rings and thank you guys for all the good information. Much appreciated.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

ID is VERY proud of their injectors!!!! OUCH!

For the record I wouldn't install random o-rings and thank you guys for all the good information. Much appreciated.
I thought the same thing. You're really paying for the injector data. Lots of similar injectors will work... it's the data that ID provides that makes tuning a snap.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

And that they are a top notch injector with excellent service. I would only use OEM gm injectors or Id.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:09 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

Agree the injector data is very valuable and means so much to the outcome of the tune. Without it you are doing some trial/error and getting close at best.

I WAS saving for a rear spoiler. Might end up putting that toward injectors instead. Not sure the injector bang for the buck will be worth the cost in the long run for a NA car that is almost as far as I plan to take it modification wise. Im at 95% duty cycle currently. The only thing I have left to do is port match the intake tot the heads. I'll get a more controllable injector duty cycle with bigger injectors but wonder if the increase over stock injectors will be worth it.

Anyone here "been there, done that" have any wisdom to share? My mind is open.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Just get some used LSA/9 injectors in that case.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:44 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Unreal
Just get some used LSA/9 injectors in that case.
Me and used parts are not friends. I have close to 0% luck buying someone else's used parts. I'm the guy that gets to find out why they were selling.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:49 AM
tdeweese
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

After several searches I wasn't able to find which size and material o-rings to order for the injectors. Does anyone have the size and material information or a good source of an injector rebuilt kit?

The o-rings are for stock 2009 LS7 injectors.

On a side note:
Lingenfelter sells them on their website. Made of Viton as well. $11.00
MickVette (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Agree the injector data is very valuable and means so much to the outcome of the tune. Without it you are doing some trial/error and getting close at best.

I WAS saving for a rear spoiler. Might end up putting that toward injectors instead. Not sure the injector bang for the buck will be worth the cost in the long run for a NA car that is almost as far as I plan to take it modification wise. Im at 95% duty cycle currently. The only thing I have left to do is port match the intake tot the heads. I'll get a more controllable injector duty cycle with bigger injectors but wonder if the increase over stock injectors will be worth it.

Anyone here "been there, done that" have any wisdom to share? My mind is open.
Yes, I have been there. Three different sets for my personal car. Bizare tuning issues that miraculously disappeared when I plugged some IDs in. I have since learned a lot more about why the data is so important. Not feeling like typing a book. Just go to Marcin's blog and read a few of his write ups. http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/ Won't take you long to realize just how much math is involved. Everything is function based with fueling. If the data is wrong, fueling is wrong.

Injector Dynamics is the only company that characterizes their injectors. Many other companies try to "steal" their data and use it as their own. FIC is one who has been caught doing that.

So....I have done this, and have learned the hard way to either use OEM, ID, or pay the bucks to have them characterized by Greg Banish.

Get notified of new replies

To Where to get injector O-rings?

Old 09-07-2016, 08:40 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Yes, I have been there. Three different sets for my personal car. Bizare tuning issues that miraculously disappeared when I plugged some IDs in. I have since learned a lot more about why the data is so important. Not feeling like typing a book. Just go to Marcin's blog and read a few of his write ups. http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/ Won't take you long to realize just how much math is involved. Everything is function based with fueling. If the data is wrong, fueling is wrong.

Injector Dynamics is the only company that characterizes their injectors. Many other companies try to "steal" their data and use it as their own. FIC is one who has been caught doing that.

So....I have done this, and have learned the hard way to either use OEM, ID, or pay the bucks to have them characterized by Greg Banish.
Thank you for the link. I'll check it out here in a few.

I have Greg's tuning book. He stresses the importance of injector characterization quite a bit.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 736 Likes on 546 Posts

Moot point now, perhaps, but Racetronix has injector O rings on their site. ~$1ea?
MickVette (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Plus Paul needs to work on his Porsche, so buy ID injectors.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Where to get injector O-rings?