Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Livernois Stage 3 Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 01:34 PM
spartan8270
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Livernois Stage 3 Cam?

I have a Livernois Stage 3 cam in my current setup and everything is well and good. Drives good and makes great power, but as some of you may know they do not disclose their cam specs like some of the other mfgs. I'm curious if any of you know any specs on the cam. I hate not knowing specifically the amount of lift it has. I'm ocd when it comes to maintenance and would really like to know so I can set my expectations in regards to guide wear/rocker arms. Tried calling them and they wouldnt tell me. Kind of silly to me and annoying. Any info would be greatly appreciated. My mods are as follows FYI.

2007 Z06
Advanced Induction 280cc Heads- Factory Valves- PAC .700 RPM springs
Livernois Stage 3 Cam- ( They wouldnt disclose cam specs-smh)
FAST Intake Manifold and Fuel rails
NW 102 TB
Halltech Intake
Kooks 2" Longtubes-non catted X-Pipe
Factory axle back and mufflers
NGK TR6 plugs
Elite Engineering full Catch can setup

610 WHP 530 WTQ-
Old 06-28-2017, 01:39 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Specifically the type information (or lack thereof) that would make me not want to buy that cam. To each their own, but I too would want to know the specs on the cam that got stabbed into my LS7.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:47 PM
lamboworld
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 122 Posts

Do they not give you a cam card with the cam? I am sure that the cam came with a card and since you paid for the cam, I would think that you have a right to the card.

Anyways, I bought the RPM B3 cam and they don't release their specs on their website, but it was at least shipped with the card.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Cha_Cha
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You can always degree the cam and back out the specs manually. Or pull it/Buy another one and send it to company with cam doctor.

Last edited by Cha_Cha; 06-28-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:59 PM
spartan8270
Instructor

No cam card came with it and I called them and they wouldnt give me the specs. Kind of sucks. the reason I bought it because I knew the power it made and other setups had good results just like the RPM B3 cam does.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:44 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

According to the following database of cams, the Livernois Stage 3 is - with the caveat that this is from a G8 website, so it's likely based on 1.7:1 rockers, not our 1.8:1:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=17241&page=5

Last edited by nuke61; 06-28-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:14 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

From their website:
Livernois Motorsports Stage 3 LS-Series camshaft was designed for someone who puts the focus only on power. Recommended for track/street vehicles, it works great with our CNC cylinder heads and produces excellent power. It has a very aggressive, rough idle and ok drivability. Suggested for six-speed manual transmission equipped vehicles or automatic transmission with an aftermarket torque converter.

Duration 224@.050

Lift .612"

LSA 114
Old 06-29-2017, 08:38 AM
spartan8270
Instructor

Originally Posted by MickVette
From their website:
Livernois Motorsports Stage 3 LS-Series camshaft was designed for someone who puts the focus only on power. Recommended for track/street vehicles, it works great with our CNC cylinder heads and produces excellent power. It has a very aggressive, rough idle and ok drivability. Suggested for six-speed manual transmission equipped vehicles or automatic transmission with an aftermarket torque converter.

Duration 224@.050

Lift .612"

LSA 114

This isnt the STage 3 LS7 specific cam
Old 06-29-2017, 09:25 AM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

From their website:

Duration 224@.050

Lift .612"

LSA 114
Um, no. I have a 230/246 .634/.634 116+4 and that is considered a very mild/baby cam (almost identical to a BTR Stage 2). If Livernois advertises that cam as "ok" drivability and focuses only on power, you can bet the specs are much much more than that!!!
Old 06-29-2017, 10:48 AM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

From their website:

Duration 224@.050

Lift .612"

LSA 114
I was guessing that these specs are gross values for a 1.7:1 rocker ratio. The LS7 1.8 rocker ratio would put the lift around .648. The LS7 cam could be a totally different piece as the Livernois Website isn't too insightful.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:10 AM
spartan8270
Instructor

I was guessing that these specs are gross values for a 1.7:1 rocker ratio. The LS7 1.8 rocker ratio would put the lift around .648. The LS7 cam could be a totally different piece as the Livernois Website isn't too insightful.

Yes with the power my car is making i can only assume the lift is upwards of .655. I agree their website sucks
Old 10-03-2020, 06:03 PM
BabyGirlZ06
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan8270
I have a Livernois Stage 3 cam in my current setup and everything is well and good. Drives good and makes great power, but as some of you may know they do not disclose their cam specs like some of the other mfgs. I'm curious if any of you know any specs on the cam. I hate not knowing specifically the amount of lift it has. I'm ocd when it comes to maintenance and would really like to know so I can set my expectations in regards to guide wear/rocker arms. Tried calling them and they wouldnt tell me. Kind of silly to me and annoying. Any info would be greatly appreciated. My mods are as follows FYI.

2007 Z06
NW 102 TB
Halltech Intake
NGK TR6 plugs

610 WHP 530 WTQ-
Hey Spartan, I'm working out a build with Livernois for my 2008 Z06 that is nearly identical to yours. I'm vacillating between their Stage 2 and Stage 3 cam. How is drivability around town, in parking lot, in stop and go traffic, pulling up to valet or stoplight, and at idle? My car won't see any track time. Its for weekend use and nights on the town with the wife. Also, how load is the exhaust? I was planning to go with the exact same headers, x-pipe, and factory mufflers.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:21 PM
BabyGirlZ06
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan8270

2007 Z06
NW 102 TB
Halltech Intake
NGK TR6 plugs

610 WHP 530 WTQ-

Hey Spartan, I'm working out a build with Livernois for my 2008 Z06 that is nearly identical to yours. I'm vacillating between their Stage 2 and Stage 3 cam. How is drivability around town, in parking lot, in stop and go traffic, pulling up to valet or stoplight, and at idle? My car won't see any track time. Its for weekend use and nights on the town with the wife. Also, how load is the exhaust? I was planning to go with the exact same headers, x-pipe, and factory mufflers.

Get notified of new replies

To Livernois Stage 3 Cam?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Livernois Stage 3 Cam?