Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

2007 C6 Z06 Roller Price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 04:50 AM
TexaZ
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 C6 Z06 Roller Price?

Hey guys I plan on selling my Z06 soon as I recenty threw a rod in my motor, which in turn windowed the block. I am currently waiting to see what all is salvageable, as the motor was a fully forged LME build, and I am hoping the damage is isolated to the block and rod. Anyways, I am weighing all my options and was curious to see what y'all think a 2007 Black Z06 2LZ with 45k miles on the chassis would sell for as a roller. The car has a Mcleod RST Clutch, TSP Longtube Headers, and a TSP X pipe all of which were installed 1500 miles ago and would go with the car. It has the Stock Chrome wheels and brand new tires, Hankook Ventus V12's.

Thanks for the assistance and I look forward to hearing from all of you.
-Travis
Old 12-11-2017, 11:18 AM
specialblend
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a guess but maybe 18-20k?
Old 12-11-2017, 12:12 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

How old is the motor? I had a buddy that had an issue with his LME built motor and they replaced it for him. Is that an option for you?
Old 12-11-2017, 01:54 PM
TexaZ
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the timely responses guys. As for the age of the motor it is less than 6 months old and only has around 1500 miles on it. Just to be clear, the shortblock was sourced through LME however HP Motorsports in Katy was the builder who assembled everything and installed it into the car. I have been in contact with them and they are convinced the damage was due to over revving despite me telling them I was well under red ine when the motor popped. Anyways they say this is not something they will cover however have reduced labor costs and such should I fix the car through them. Do you still believe I should call LME to see if they can do anything as it was the shortblock that failed?
Old 12-11-2017, 01:56 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

$15K is probably in the money. Someone needs to put another $12-15K into it depending on what they do with a replacement motor. Certainly cant have the roller + new motor exceed the value of a comparable vehicle in running form.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,095 Likes on 578 Posts

I wouldn't pay $15K for it, maybe $10K. The problem is without the motor a potential buyer can't verify the condition of the rest of the car. Seller talk is cheap, fixing the other issues (if any) may not be... No offense to the OP. That's just the way I look at something like this.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:54 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

I don't know enough about the whole LS family to even know if this is possible, but could you reuse at least some of the existing external stuff, and have an LS2 based motor installed?

If that's possible, sell it as a drivable car, but with all the LS7 (broken or not) parts.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:38 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by TexaZ
Thanks for the timely responses guys. As for the age of the motor it is less than 6 months old and only has around 1500 miles on it. Just to be clear, the shortblock was sourced through LME however HP Motorsports in Katy was the builder who assembled everything and installed it into the car. I have been in contact with them and they are convinced the damage was due to over revving despite me telling them I was well under red ine when the motor popped. Anyways they say this is not something they will cover however have reduced labor costs and such should I fix the car through them. Do you still believe I should call LME to see if they can do anything as it was the shortblock that failed?
That's a little more complicated, as my buddy went through LME direct. Sucks that your shop has pretty much left you out to dry. I'd contact LME just incase. Maybe they can help you out with something.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:59 AM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

Post some pictures of the car and see what happens. However it plays out, you can't ask more for the roller needing a new engine and have it total more then buying a perfectly running one. Unless you get a free replacement installed, you will be the looser here

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 C6 Z06 Roller Price?

Quick Reply: 2007 C6 Z06 Roller Price?