ZR1 Need your opinion on a ZR1 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[ZR1] Need your opinion on a ZR1

Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 PM
  #1  
keungsteven
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need your opinion on a ZR1

Hey guys! A possible deal came up near me to own a 2011 ZR1; however, I wanted to get your thoughts before I make an “educated” offer.

As a little backstory, the C6 Z06 I have owned was purchased at 180k miles on the odo for 19k — clean title! I absolutely love these “crazy deals” and haven’t had any problems with the car at all. Granted, it isn’t a show car by any means, but I have taken it to the track and have kept up with preventative maintenance items and it hasn’t left me stranded (yet!).

That being said, a local ZR1 with 75k miles on the odo has come up near me but I can’t seem to figure out how much to offer — this is also due to a minor carfax accident that has been reported too. In this, the bumper cover, carbon splitter and lower radiator hose had to be replaced...

So, how much would you guys value this at? I was thinking 38-40k possibly? But I haven’t been able to find any comparables to both a high mile and accident tainted ZR1...

Thanks in advance for your guys’ help!
keungsteven is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 08:26 PM
  #2  
Boostaholic
CF Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 66
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by keungsteven View Post
Hey guys! A possible deal came up near me to own a 2011 ZR1; however, I wanted to get your thoughts before I make an “educated” offer.

As a little backstory, the C6 Z06 I have owned was purchased at 180k miles on the odo for 19k — clean title! I absolutely love these “crazy deals” and haven’t had any problems with the car at all. Granted, it isn’t a show car by any means, but I have taken it to the track and have kept up with preventative maintenance items and it hasn’t left me stranded (yet!).

That being said, a local ZR1 with 75k miles on the odo has come up near me but I can’t seem to figure out how much to offer — this is also due to a minor carfax accident that has been reported too. In this, the bumper cover, carbon splitter and lower radiator hose had to be replaced...

So, how much would you guys value this at? I was thinking 38-40k possibly? But I haven’t been able to find any comparables to both a high mile and accident tainted ZR1...

Thanks in advance for your guys’ help!
find the book value and ding 5-10k for the high mileage and accident atleast. That’s how I would go about it. But if everything checks out fine I wouldn’t hesitate getting it. If ya want do a fresh engine build with maybe a few forged parts!

Last edited by Boostaholic; 09-18-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Boostaholic is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 08:50 PM
  #3  
keungsteven
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Boostaholic View Post


find the book value and ding 5-10k for the high mileage and accident atleast. That’s how I would go about it. But if everything checks out fine I wouldn’t hesitate getting it. If ya want do a fresh engine build with maybe a few forged parts!
Boostaholic,
Thanks for your quick reply! I actually have tried to find a book value for it and have come up empty handed... I think this is because there isn't much recorded history of ZR1s selling with over 50k miles on the odo? Hence why I'm trying to find what an appropriate value would be for this car. Thanks again!
Best,
Steven
keungsteven is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 09:39 PM
  #4  
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MTPZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu HI
Posts: 11,790
Thanked 1,046 Times in 930 Posts
Default

$38K might be a stretch, but definitely something in the lower $40k's should get you the car. This guy purchased a 2011 IO ZR1 w/50K miles for $49K about year and a half ago. It sat around at Carmax for a while until they got serious about the price. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-io-zr1-2.html
MTPZ06 is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 11:44 PM
  #5  
keungsteven
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MTPZ06 View Post
$38K might be a stretch, but definitely something in the lower $40k's should get you the car. This guy purchased a 2011 IO ZR1 w/50K miles for $49K about year and a half ago. It sat around at Carmax for a while until they got serious about the price. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-io-zr1-2.html
MTPZ06,
Thanks for sending me this link! It definitely is nice to see another high mile ZR1 out there.
On another note, I know there is a difference in price when purchasing the same car either private party, or at a dealership. Additionally, with 25k extra miles and an accident report history, would this only "depreciate" the value of the ZR1 I'm interested in by only 5-8k? I suppose I am just amazed how robust these cars keep value! Thanks for the reply and advice!
keungsteven is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:34 AM
  #6  
ZF Six
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ZF Six's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2003
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 3,278
Thanked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Default

I would think $40-45k. If you can get it for low 40s, that's a heck of a deal if the car is clean.

Also, there's a guy on here (can't remember his name) who lives in Florida and has over 100k on his ZR1. They're great engines. If the car was properly maintained, the mileage shouldn't be a factor at all.

Last edited by ZF Six; 09-19-2018 at 10:37 AM.
ZF Six is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 01:32 PM
  #7  
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MTPZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu HI
Posts: 11,790
Thanked 1,046 Times in 930 Posts
Default

I would start at $40k. Part of the "robust" residual value can certainly be attributed to the low production numbers...somewhere just shy of 4700 car total.
MTPZ06 is offline  
Old 09-20-2018, 03:02 PM
  #8  
downhil
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 122
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by keungsteven View Post
MTPZ06,
Thanks for sending me this link! It definitely is nice to see another high mile ZR1 out there.
On another note, I know there is a difference in price when purchasing the same car either private party, or at a dealership. Additionally, with 25k extra miles and an accident report history, would this only "depreciate" the value of the ZR1 I'm interested in by only 5-8k? I suppose I am just amazed how robust these cars keep value! Thanks for the reply and advice!
That's my car. No issues whatsoever. I've posted a few periodic videos on maintenance and upgrade items, but luckily haven't had to do the clickbait "my high-mileage ZR1 went up in flames"!

I'm really enjoying the car.
downhil is offline  
Old 09-21-2018, 03:28 PM
  #9  
cImagego
Junior Member
 
cImagego's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I would say $44-46K would be ideal.
cImagego is offline  
Old 09-21-2018, 07:25 PM
  #10  
Jackie Chan
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2016
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 636
Thanked 65 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Funny, I put my 28k mile z up for sale at 53k and didn't get any takers. So I had just keep driving it.
Jackie Chan is online now  
Old 09-22-2018, 01:44 PM
  #11  
Turbo6.0L
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: Forest Grove near Portland OR
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I think you are in the ball park. $45k is my middle of the road guess. You can't build a comparable car with this much performance for the money. That sounds like a pretty minor accident and should not detract much when you combine it with that kind of mileage. The overall condition and color of the vehicle would probably drive the price more than the mileage. At the end of the day with these cars it more about what someone is willing to pay for it.


Originally Posted by keungsteven View Post
Hey guys! A possible deal came up near me to own a 2011 ZR1; however, I wanted to get your thoughts before I make an “educated” offer.

As a little backstory, the C6 Z06 I have owned was purchased at 180k miles on the odo for 19k — clean title! I absolutely love these “crazy deals” and haven’t had any problems with the car at all. Granted, it isn’t a show car by any means, but


I have taken it to the track and have kept up with preventative maintenance items and it hasn’t left me stranded (yet!).

That being said, a local ZR1 with 75k miles on the odo has come up near me but I can’t seem to figure out how much to offer — this is also due to a minor carfax accident that has been reported too. In this, the bumper cover, carbon splitter and lower radiator hose had to be replaced...

So, how much would you guys value this at? I was thinking 38-40k possibly? But I haven’t been able to find any comparables to both a high mile and accident tainted ZR1...

Thanks in advance for your guys’ help!
Turbo6.0L is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: