Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Need your opinion on a ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 PM
keungsteven
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your opinion on a ZR1

Hey guys! A possible deal came up near me to own a 2011 ZR1; however, I wanted to get your thoughts before I make an “educated” offer.

As a little backstory, the C6 Z06 I have owned was purchased at 180k miles on the odo for 19k — clean title! I absolutely love these “crazy deals” and haven’t had any problems with the car at all. Granted, it isn’t a show car by any means, but I have taken it to the track and have kept up with preventative maintenance items and it hasn’t left me stranded (yet!).

That being said, a local ZR1 with 75k miles on the odo has come up near me but I can’t seem to figure out how much to offer — this is also due to a minor carfax accident that has been reported too. In this, the bumper cover, carbon splitter and lower radiator hose had to be replaced...

So, how much would you guys value this at? I was thinking 38-40k possibly? But I haven’t been able to find any comparables to both a high mile and accident tainted ZR1...

Thanks in advance for your guys’ help!
Old 09-18-2018, 08:26 PM
Boostaholic
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keungsteven
Hey guys! A possible deal came up near me to own a 2011 ZR1; however, I wanted to get your thoughts before I make an “educated” offer.

As a little backstory, the C6 Z06 I have owned was purchased at 180k miles on the odo for 19k — clean title! I absolutely love these “crazy deals” and haven’t had any problems with the car at all. Granted, it isn’t a show car by any means, but I have taken it to the track and have kept up with preventative maintenance items and it hasn’t left me stranded (yet!).

That being said, a local ZR1 with 75k miles on the odo has come up near me but I can’t seem to figure out how much to offer — this is also due to a minor carfax accident that has been reported too. In this, the bumper cover, carbon splitter and lower radiator hose had to be replaced...

So, how much would you guys value this at? I was thinking 38-40k possibly? But I haven’t been able to find any comparables to both a high mile and accident tainted ZR1...

find the book value and ding 5-10k for the high mileage and accident atleast. That’s how I would go about it. But if everything checks out fine I wouldn’t hesitate getting it. If ya want do a fresh engine build with maybe a few forged parts!

Last edited by Boostaholic; 09-18-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:50 PM
keungsteven
Cruising

Originally Posted by Boostaholic

find the book value and ding 5-10k for the high mileage and accident atleast. That’s how I would go about it. But if everything checks out fine I wouldn’t hesitate getting it. If ya want do a fresh engine build with maybe a few forged parts!
Boostaholic,
Thanks for your quick reply! I actually have tried to find a book value for it and have come up empty handed... I think this is because there isn't much recorded history of ZR1s selling with over 50k miles on the odo? Hence why I'm trying to find what an appropriate value would be for this car. Thanks again!
Best,
Steven
Old 09-18-2018, 09:39 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

$38K might be a stretch, but definitely something in the lower $40k's should get you the car. This guy purchased a 2011 IO ZR1 w/50K miles for $49K about year and a half ago. It sat around at Carmax for a while until they got serious about the price. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-io-zr1-2.html
Old 09-18-2018, 11:44 PM
keungsteven
Cruising

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
$38K might be a stretch, but definitely something in the lower $40k's should get you the car. This guy purchased a 2011 IO ZR1 w/50K miles for $49K about year and a half ago. It sat around at Carmax for a while until they got serious about the price. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-io-zr1-2.html
MTPZ06,
Thanks for sending me this link! It definitely is nice to see another high mile ZR1 out there.
On another note, I know there is a difference in price when purchasing the same car either private party, or at a dealership. Additionally, with 25k extra miles and an accident report history, would this only "depreciate" the value of the ZR1 I'm interested in by only 5-8k? I suppose I am just amazed how robust these cars keep value! Thanks for the reply and advice!
Old 09-19-2018, 10:34 AM
ZF Six
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 85 Posts

I would think $40-45k. If you can get it for low 40s, that's a heck of a deal if the car is clean.

Also, there's a guy on here (can't remember his name) who lives in Florida and has over 100k on his ZR1. They're great engines. If the car was properly maintained, the mileage shouldn't be a factor at all.

Last edited by ZF Six; 09-19-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:32 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

I would start at $40k. Part of the "robust" residual value can certainly be attributed to the low production numbers...somewhere just shy of 4700 car total.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:02 PM
downhil
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

MTPZ06,
Thanks for sending me this link! It definitely is nice to see another high mile ZR1 out there.
On another note, I know there is a difference in price when purchasing the same car either private party, or at a dealership. Additionally, with 25k extra miles and an accident report history, would this only "depreciate" the value of the ZR1 I'm interested in by only 5-8k? I suppose I am just amazed how robust these cars keep value! Thanks for the reply and advice!
That's my car. No issues whatsoever. I've posted a few periodic videos on maintenance and upgrade items, but luckily haven't had to do the clickbait "my high-mileage ZR1 went up in flames"!

I'm really enjoying the car.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:28 PM
cImagego
Intermediate

I would say $44-46K would be ideal.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Jackie Chan
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Funny, I put my 28k mile z up for sale at 53k and didn't get any takers. So I had just keep driving it.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Turbo6.0L
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you are in the ball park. $45k is my middle of the road guess. You can't build a comparable car with this much performance for the money. That sounds like a pretty minor accident and should not detract much when you combine it with that kind of mileage. The overall condition and color of the vehicle would probably drive the price more than the mileage. At the end of the day with these cars it more about what someone is willing to pay for it.

As a little backstory, the C6 Z06 I have owned was purchased at 180k miles on the odo for 19k — clean title! I absolutely love these “crazy deals” and haven’t had any problems with the car at all. Granted, it isn’t a show car by any means, but

I have taken it to the track and have kept up with preventative maintenance items and it hasn’t left me stranded (yet!).

Get notified of new replies

To Need your opinion on a ZR1

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Need your opinion on a ZR1