Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Cam change on a Z06 cradle drop instructions

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 11:28 PM
jimbob8915
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Cam change on a Z06 cradle drop instructions

Well, I just completed another cam swap on my C6 Z an I did it the remove steering rack method. Lets just say it sucks ***. I am curious if anyone has instructions for a engine cradle drop?
Old 01-24-2019, 10:18 AM
Edbon
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did this on my friends c6 z06 after disconnecting the rack you have to disconnect the upper 4 control arm bolts, then lower 2 shock bolts, then the abs lines the right two on that box, disconnect the aluminum piece that supports the abs/brake square box, then un clip all the electrical clipped to it then the 4 frame bolts and lower it, oh and engine mounts remove those i had the engine on a hoist while removing all this, btw im 19 if i can do it you guys can!!! if you need any more help pm me i can give you my number and send pictures of what i took out, also the upper control arm has a lot of washers lol alllot, then before adding the cradle back up get the rack on and ready to go its more of a pain to do it when its on then rather off

Quick Reply: Cam change on a Z06 cradle drop instructions