Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Dewitt's Direct Fit W/17" Single Fan

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 10:41 AM
Captain_Insano
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dewitt's Direct Fit W/17" Single Fan

Just yesterday I installed this combo in my C6 Z06 and man was this a tight fit. The fan is resting on top of the abs unit and after looking at DeWitt's website I don't see any type of mounting bracket for the upper radiator support. I happened to come across these mounting brackets and hopefully they can push the upper radiator foward off of the abs unit. CPR C6 Radiator support brackets - Cordes Performing Racing (cordesperformanceracing.com)
I'm sure there are some members here running a Dewitt's radiator and would appreciate some input on how you are supporting the upper radiator. The 17" SPAL fan also came with a temp sensor to tap into the radiator hoses what would be the best location for this?

Old 04-02-2023, 03:10 PM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 376 Likes on 301 Posts

Basically you need to move it to the other side - passenger or it could hit the ABS. They make a passenger side fan shroud. It needs to be moved over like this - metal one. There is a lot of stuff going on the drivers side less on passenger side. I am using the Spal plastic shroud they sell for that fan here is a photo of that also. On the upper hose is where I install the PWM and Dewitts sells a metal hose adapter coupling you put it in between the lines. I guess you could try flipping the shroud upside down to move the shroud to the passenger side but I think the big shroud hook is on the top side so that might not work. The fan needs to be like 2 inches offset from center as can be seen in photo above.

Last edited by double06; 04-02-2023 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:21 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,295 Likes on 938 Posts

Use the ecu to control temps not a sensor
Old 04-02-2023, 06:48 PM
Captain_Insano
Advanced

Originally Posted by double06
Basically you need to move it to the other side - passenger or it could hit the ABS. They make a passenger side fan shroud. It needs to be moved over like this - metal one. There is a lot of stuff going on the drivers side less on passenger side. I am using the Spal plastic shroud they sell for that fan here is a photo of that also. On the upper hose is where I install the PWM and Dewitts sells a metal hose adapter coupling you put it in between the lines. I guess you could try flipping the shroud upside down to move the shroud to the passenger side but I think the big shroud hook is on the top side so that might not work. The fan needs to be like 2 inches offset from center as can be seen in photo above.

I'd hate to use a different shroud this one looks very well built and I believe the brackets I attached will set it just right.
Old 04-02-2023, 06:49 PM
Captain_Insano
Advanced

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
Use the ecu to control temps not a sensor
idk if doing that will affect the full use of the fan. It has different speeds for different temperatures.
Old 04-02-2023, 10:05 PM
Scotthmt
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the cordes upper rad mounts. It doesn’t allow for much adjustability forward or back, but it’s a nice unit and more supportive than the factory. Wasn’t my main reason for ordering it but I hoped there would be more adjustability. I also have a LG rad not Dewitt’s, also stock fan.
The following users liked this post:
Captain_Insano (04-03-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 11:53 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,295 Likes on 938 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain_Insano
idk if doing that will affect the full use of the fan. It has different speeds for different temperatures.
That’s fine - ecu can trigger it
Old 04-03-2023, 08:11 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

The stock fan is also moved over to the passenger side to miss the ABS unit.
Old 04-16-2023, 11:11 AM
Captain_Insano
Advanced

Originally Posted by double06

Do you have a part number for that passenger side fan shroud? The metal one doesn't fit and according to Dewitt's they don't offer any other one besides the dual fan shroud.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:03 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

I do not have the part number of the passenger side shroud they may have stopped building it but they have had it (about 5 years ago) so I wonder why they do not make it now. Now what you could do is flip your current one over so it is on passenger side and the old top part had a lip make a piece out of aluminum to bolt to top of old bottom piece so now it has the lip like the old top part. The top lip holds the shroud in you just need to make a new one for the new set up. On the rubber flaps you will need to drill holes so that you can flip the flap so they are opening like they were before (but since you have flipped it around they are upside down now - I think they might be 1/8 holes but check). My plastic shroud I got from them is a 32-sp080.

Last edited by double06; 04-17-2023 at 08:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Dewitt's Direct Fit W/17" Single Fan

Quick Reply: Dewitt's Direct Fit W/17" Single Fan