Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Issue with memory seats/mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 12:25 AM
Josh M
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 212 Likes on 147 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19,'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Issue with memory seats/mirrors

So its not a huge deal, but its inconvenient. Ever since I fired the car up this year the seats and mirrors all return to the I'm assuming default position. The seat all the way back and mirrors adjusted for that position. The car has never done this before. The 1 & 2 memory positions still work, but as soon as the car turns off the seat and mirrors revert.

I did some searching on the forums and the closest thing I could find to the issue was a connector in the seats being loose. Before digging around for that under the seat anyone else have any suggestions? I'm honestly assuming this is a dumb question and I'll feel dumb once I hear the explanation lol.
Old 05-12-2024, 10:23 AM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 183 Likes on 122 Posts

Are you saying this happens when you start the car or when you turn it off? It should only do that when you turn off the car and set the emergency brake (which is the easy exit mode).

I would first try disconnecting the battery for about a minute or so and then reconnecting it to reset things (you will then have to reindex the windows). You could also try resetting the 1&2 memory settings.
Old 05-12-2024, 01:06 PM
Josh M
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dmuellenberg
Are you saying this happens when you start the car or when you turn it off? It should only do that when you turn off the car and set the emergency brake (which is the easy exit mode).

I would first try disconnecting the battery for about a minute or so and then reconnecting it to reset things (you will then have to reindex the windows). You could also try resetting the 1&2 memory settings.
Yeah, that was my 1st thought. It has been on a battery tender the whole winter so I thought maybe something got messed up because of that so disconnected the battery for like 15 minutes and reconnected and the only thing that changed is now my clock is wrong haha

Is there a way to disable easy exit mode? I hadn't heard of that, but that sounds sort of similar. To answer the next part of the question it does it no matter what. It does it when I turn the car off, but if I hit the seat button on the side it will stop but then when I get back into the car and turn on even accessory mode it just does it anyways then
Old 05-12-2024, 01:27 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 933 Likes on 587 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Refer to the owner's manual for a description of the memory functions and instructions on how to use them
Old 05-12-2024, 10:47 PM
Josh M
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Well time to take it into the dealership with my tail between my legs haha. I tried changing the easy exit mode and other memory functions in the DIC according to the manual and it still returns seats and mirrors to a fixed position. I'm wondering if it is like the issue I found when I searched this on the forum earlier and just a bad connection from a sensor. At least I did figure out with the manual how to reset my clock so thats displaying the correct time again haha
Old 05-13-2024, 10:36 AM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 183 Likes on 122 Posts

So you didn't have to reindex your windows after disconnecting the battery? Every time I disconnect the battery I have to reindex the windows (so they go all the way back up when I close the door), along with resetting the time.
Old 05-13-2024, 06:49 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,002 Likes on 4,334 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Josh M
Well time to take it into the dealership with my tail between my legs haha. I tried changing the easy exit mode and other memory functions in the DIC according to the manual and it still returns seats and mirrors to a fixed position. I'm wondering if it is like the issue I found when I searched this on the forum earlier and just a bad connection from a sensor. At least I did figure out with the manual how to reset my clock so thats displaying the correct time again haha
Did you re-pair the memory functions to your fob(s). I'm assuming you're using the same fob as you were before this started happening?

Get notified of new replies

To Issue with memory seats/mirrors

Quick Reply: Issue with memory seats/mirrors