Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

$7000.00 Off All Remaining Corvette's

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Krause
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LAPD and Rothchilds, thanks for the comments.... I CERTAINLY wasn't trying to sour the appearance of these deals or the reputation of Ernie von Schledorn Chevrolet. I was just curious if my local Chevy guy was correct. I had actually called him to see if they'd match the deal. And for the record, my guy only knocked $3K off of sticker.

While I'm a longtime lurker to these boards, I'm definitely new to posting so I'm NOT wanting to get started on the wrong foot.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:54 PM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Krause
LAPD and Rothchilds, thanks for the comments.... I CERTAINLY wasn't trying to sour the appearance of these deals or the reputation of Ernie von Schledorn Chevrolet. I was just curious if my local Chevy guy was correct. I had actually called him to see if they'd match the deal. And for the record, my guy only knocked $3K off of sticker.

While I'm a longtime lurker to these boards, I'm definitely new to posting so I'm NOT wanting to get started on the wrong foot.
No problem man, I lurk too, I think maybe I have 7 posts in a year!

LAPD, so regardless whether this has the CA emissions package, I should have no problem titling and smoging in CA, because thats about the only thing holding me back right now.

Also, anyone recommend a shipper? I don't have the time to do a local pickup, so looks like I will have it trailered to me if I decide to pull the trigger.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:08 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by rothchilds
No problem man, I lurk too, I think maybe I have 7 posts in a year!

LAPD, so regardless whether this has the CA emissions package, I should have no problem titling and smoging in CA, because thats about the only thing holding me back right now.

Also, anyone recommend a shipper? I don't have the time to do a local pickup, so looks like I will have it trailered to me if I decide to pull the trigger.
Krause,

Don't even worry about it. I just wanted to relay our experience with Eric and his team. It is rare to get service like this these days from a Chevy Dealership.

rothchilds,

Yes, that is correct. Whether the dealer ordered the car with CA emissions or not, the car will pass inspection and smog here in CA. Don't even worry about it.

We have used Exotic car transport's enclosed service to protect the Vettes we have shipped coast to coast. Here is their site: www.exoticcartransport.com and while they may be priced a bit higher over other transport companies, they are worth it!

If you have anymore questions, just fire away!

Shawn

Last edited by L.A.P.D.; 06-15-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:13 PM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

thanks, I'll grab a quote from them tonight
Old 06-15-2006, 09:15 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

thanks, I'll grab a quote from them tonight
rothchilds,

You are very welcome.

Shawn
Old 06-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Z06 L GO
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good numbers....I'm also curious about the "in service" date?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:02 AM
jimkmyc5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 L GO
Good numbers....I'm also curious about the "in service" date?
Shane, one of the salesmen, told me only the cars that were 7500 off had already been "punched". May 31st start date on the warranty.
He said they do it for allocation reasons.
The lemans blue vert for 7000 off has a target build week of 6/19.
I would hope the warranty isn't ticking away on a car that hasn't even been built yet!
Old 06-16-2006, 02:01 AM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by jimkmyc5
Shane, one of the salesmen, told me only the cars that were 7500 off had already been "punched". May 31st start date on the warranty.
He said they do it for allocation reasons.
The lemans blue vert for 7000 off has a target build week of 6/19.
I would hope the warranty isn't ticking away on a car that hasn't even been built yet!
jimkmyc5,

I really can't speak for Eric and his team at Ernie von Schledorn Chevrolet, but if the car hasn't been built yet I can't see them starting the warranty coverage on a car that hasn't been put in service. Warranties almost always start when a car has either been put in service as a demo vehicle or when a car has been sold and titled.

For the most accurate info, I would call Ernie von Schledorn Chevrolet or email Eric directly.

So far they have been very honest and upfront about everything they do and I am sure they will answer any and all questions you may have.

Shawn
Old 06-16-2006, 02:09 AM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

I will hopefully have a more comprehensive answer tommorow about the inservice dates, I'm having a real hard time not taking the plunge on one of the coupes with that deep of a discount , so I will be calling tommorow as work allows to get some more details.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:18 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

I will hopefully have a more comprehensive answer tommorow about the inservice dates, I'm having a real hard time not taking the plunge on one of the coupes with that deep of a discount , so I will be calling tommorow as work allows to get some more details.
rothchilds,

That is exactly what we did. We sent an email over to Eric and spoke to Michael Huberty over the phone to get all the details. It is worth the phone call. They are great!

Shawn
Old 06-16-2006, 02:25 PM
monstermouse
Instructor

Originally Posted by L.A.P.D.
Guys,

I just wanted to post and let you know that I spoke with Michael Huberty who is the sales manager at Ernie von Schledorn Chevrolet and I can't say enough about how great these guys are to deal with. It is very refreshing to deal with a Chevy dealer that is so easy to deal with.

Eric and his team at Ernie von Schledorn Chevrolet are AWESOME and you guys should give them a call and experience how great these guys are and how well they treat potential customers. Eric, I commend you on your operation and your staff.

Thanks again!

Shawn
LAPD (Shawn),

I have never seen you this excited about anything and I have been on the forum for a long time. Ernie von Schledorn Chevrolet must really be good for you to endorse them like you have and I know how many Vettes LAPD has purchased over the years. Heck, I have seen a few of them in person myself. I was about to pull the trigger on a new 2007 C6 Z06 with a local dealer, but after reading your review, I am going to call Ernie von Schledorn Chevrolet.

Thank you for your post. You may have just saved me $10K-$15K.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Michrider
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So are these new or used cars? If the warranty started 4/29 or 5/31, they're used. Or was something fishy pulled with reporting a sale that wasn't a sale. Someone buying a new car today, better get the warranty starting on today's date.

You can't just punch any date in you feel like as the sale date. Call me crazy but I thought business records had to be accurate. As Ricky Ricardo would say, someones got some splainin to do.

Last edited by Michrider; 06-16-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:31 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

monstermouse,

Yes, Eric and his team took care of us better than we have EVER been taken care of when purchasing a Corvette. Give them a call and you won't be disappointed. Speak with Michael Huberty or email Eric directly and they will make buying your next Corvette a pure pleasure.

Michrider,

I think it was only one car in question that had a warranty starting April 29. I doubt all the cars are being sold with a warranty that is active and ticking. I don't think Eric would run a dealership like that when he is mainly concerned with taking care of customers and making us happy.

Email them or call them to get the facts.

Shawn
Old 06-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Michrider
Safety Car

Checked into the facts as you requested.

The ten listed as $7500 off were all reported delivered on 4/29 and the warranty started 4/29.

Just wondering what they are? New, Used, demos... They were reported sold to a business. Delivery type 018 - Business/Organization.

They were already reported sold once, just wondering what they are being sold as today.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:49 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Michrider
Checked into the facts as you requested.

The ten listed as $7500 off were all reported delivered on 4/29 and the warranty started 4/29.

Just wondering what they are? New, Used, demos... They were reported sold to a business. Delivery type 018 - Business/Organization.

They were already reported sold once, just wondering what they are being sold as today.
Michrider,

So that is the verts only, correct? The coupes are new as advertised I believe.

Thanks for the info.

Shawn
Old 06-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Michrider
Safety Car

7 verts 3 coupes listed as $7500 off. Maybe the seller can explain, are those new or used? If they are new, warranty starts on date of purchase right?
Old 06-17-2006, 01:12 AM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

monstermouse,

I almost didn't see your post. Eric and his staff will take good care of you during your purchase. As difficult as I am to please, these guys put me at ease and that is a rare thing when purchasing a vehicle. Save time and money and go with them!

Michrider,

If the vehicle is new, the warranty period begins when the car is reported as sold and goes by the in-service date.

Shawn

Get notified of new replies

To $7000.00 Off All Remaining Corvette's

Old 06-17-2006, 01:01 PM
MORK-SPEED
Racer

the reason a dealer punches a card on certain dates is .....very simple if a dealer sells 10 vettes in april this year next year in april he will recieve the same number of allocations if you time it just right punch all your cars you can in april and may . ...you will either have a great final allocation for a model year or a great first month build of a model year . ....the later of course is the preferred and it is an unbelievable help with allocations at the begining of a new bodystyle

but it also works out if you sold 10 last april and this april you only truly sold 7 . . ..if you dont punch cards on a couple you will lose allocation from one year to the next
Old 06-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Nick D.
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got off the phone with Mike Huberty. I put a deposit on a black/black 6 speed coupe! It was built yesterday and should ship Monday. I booked my flight to Milwaukee for the 26th, they will pick me up at the airport and bring me to the dealership in Random Lake, Wi. After doing the paper work I should be on my way back to Texas the same day and be home by Tue. It was almost too easy! Mike was very professional and easy to deal with. There is an additional fee of $139 for docs that is added to the deal for everyones information. Seems fair to me since, according to Kelley Blue Book, this car is several thousand below invoice. Mike will call to confirm the shipping date and keep me informed as we go. I am excited!! YAHOO, and away we go....

Nick
Old 06-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Michrider
Safety Car

So there are no rules to delivery reporting? Just punch in any date you want to tailor your allocation to suit your needs. I don't think so. Report it sold on one date to one party, and then actually sell it months later to someone else. Is that from the Enron School of Business accounting? How about if there is a safety recall. GM sends recall to party on record the vehicle was reported sold to, real person that bought the car is clueless.

Quick Reply: $7000.00 Off All Remaining Corvette's