Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: Looking to sell 2009 Corvette ZR1, 3ZR, 2300-miles, what is a fair sell price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 06:45 PM
Jackie Chan
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by blackvetterzo6
Ya, and im sure Manheim bends you over the table to sell it
NOT ME
Old 01-14-2018, 10:32 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj

It's also a dick move for him to say the OP told him to "F off" when he apparently didn't say anything of the sort.
No kidding. The seller graciously declined the offer.

And everyone _waiting_ for this to be $55k... That's fine, and its your $$ and its your time. You might not live in an area where you can drive the car this time of year anyway.

And sure they are going to come down a little more in price. But the car is worth more _today_ than it will be in a year. If you want to wait a year to find a mint condition, immaculately kept car, that's great too. Comparing what it is worth _now_ til the time you are serious to buy is absurd.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:10 PM
hieddylol
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj

It's also a dick move for him to say the OP told him to "F off" when he apparently didn't say anything of the sort.

Lol

Last edited by hieddylol; 01-14-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:19 PM
hieddylol
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick sale 55k. Anything more, i think it might take a while.
Would love to own this thing, just not ready yet, and its winter here anyway. So it would just sit

Wish the 55k price was good for a quick sale
So these broke boys can stfu
Old 01-15-2018, 09:46 AM
Ls7tobad
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Prices

I wish you had this up in August I would have gave you 60k
Old 01-15-2018, 10:03 AM
Jackie Chan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
No kidding. The seller graciously declined the offer.

And everyone _waiting_ for this to be $55k... That's fine, and its your $$ and its your time. You might not live in an area where you can drive the car this time of year anyway.

And sure they are going to come down a little more in price. But the car is worth more _today_ than it will be in a year. If you want to wait a year to find a mint condition, immaculately kept car, that's great too. Comparing what it is worth _now_ til the time you are serious to buy is absurd.
I could be wrong, but at 50-60k I don't see anything remotely close to a zr1 as far as value for what you get and don't see them getting much cheaper. Yeah the interior is crap, but the car itself is beautiful and a
damn rocket ship.

They made a good amount of them, but 4k certainly isnt a huge number. Not that its apples to apples, but you dont see many 40k vipers out there from any gen that are low miles or turbo Porsches, or gtrs.

These zr1s are an absolute steal. I often think about what to get next and there is nothing out there worth upgrading to thats not 25k more.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:15 AM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,057 Posts

The OP asked for ideas on pricing. Lots of suggestions provided. One cash offer provided. OP didn’t accept the cash offer.

Which one of you advising 60’s plus is buying?

Bottom line. Anything selling is worth what soneone else pays for it.

OP. You obviously have a figure that you would accept. Make it public and you will see if you are right.

Great looking car. GLWS.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:31 AM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by BADBIRDCAGE
OP. You obviously have a figure that you would accept. Make it public and you will see if you are right.

Great looking car. GLWS.
This
Old 01-15-2018, 11:04 AM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BADBIRDCAGE
The OP asked for ideas on pricing. Lots of suggestions provided. One cash offer provided. OP didn’t accept the cash offer.

Which one of you advising 60’s plus is buying?

Bottom line. Anything selling is worth what soneone else pays for it.

Great looking car. GLWS.
And which one of the low-ballers is willing to pay market price for a mint condition car? Go find one another black one with swirl marks all over the paint, been sitting outside on a lot for 6 months, or had the crap beat out of it... and pay low-$50s. Again... nothing wrong with that.

You get what you pay for.

I just bought one 2 months ago, so I'm no longer in the market, but this looks to be an amazing car in extremely well-kept condition.

In the end, you are right... all we are doing here is giving advice (buyers want him to accept $50k, others who are either not in the market or already have a car are saying $60+k). OP needs to set a price, if he really wants to move it. This is just one data point in his research to find a fair price to move the car in the winter time.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:07 AM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jackie Chan
I could be wrong, but at 50-60k I don't see anything remotely close to a zr1 as far as value for what you get and don't see them getting much cheaper. Yeah the interior is crap, but the car itself is beautiful and a
damn rocket ship.

They made a good amount of them, but 4k certainly isnt a huge number. Not that its apples to apples, but you dont see many 40k vipers out there from any gen that are low miles or turbo Porsches, or gtrs.

These zr1s are an absolute steal. I often think about what to get next and there is nothing out there worth upgrading to thats not 25k more.
I don't think anyone on here, regardless of their opinion of asking price doesn't agree 100% that this is an amazing machine for the money. I plan to keep mine for awhile, so it really doesn't matter to me. If I sell it for a little less than I paid... who cares? I will have gotten plenty of enjoyment out of it.

As you said, what are you going to get that is comparable in this price range? And to that I say, why wait and whine over a few $k. Seriously. The longer you wait, you risk missing out on a perfect car, and you're not driving it.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 AM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

Check out cars.com—Chevy dealer has a 2300 mile black 3zr and they are asking 59.9. Agree with all that for a quick sale it’d be in the 50s.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:38 AM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Check out cars.com—Chevy dealer has a 2300 mile black 3zr and they are asking 59.9. Agree with all that for a quick sale it’d be in the 50s.

That car has 1 reported accident.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:14 PM
The T-man
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

55-60k
Old 01-20-2018, 05:19 PM
streamliner
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope this isn't considered a "dick move" but the forum rules clearly state that a For Sale thread must list a price, this thread does not. I know someone seriously shopping for a nice low mileage ZR1, this one seems to fit the bill:

3. Best Offers & Gauging Interest
The forum will permit "OBO" or "serious offers" in a sale thread where a price has been stipulated.

We will not permit threads where no price is stated, and asks for open offers. Low ball offers that are clearly ridiculous in nature, will be considered a violation of the forum rule pertaining to "Interference in a for sale," thread:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1118176

Members are not permitted to "gauge interest," in their item for sale thread. Such threads will create an ebay type auction, and that is unacceptable. Sellers must create their thread with an asking price included.

Only forum vendors are permitted to gauge interest in their products.

**NOTE** Supporting vendors sometimes offer prices that are below that recommended by manufacturers, so we allow them to post threads without a price and to ask people to contact them by phone or PM for the price. We extend the same courtesy to our supporting dealers, even though in most cases it is advantageous for them to post a price.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:47 AM
Buccaneer
Melting Slicks

Location: Arizona - If you don’t know CFI, STOP proliferating the myths around it...
Received 1,005 Likes on 688 Posts

Quick sale 55k. Anything more, i think it might take a while.
Would love to own this thing, just not ready yet, and its winter here anyway. So it would just sit

I'm in the market for a ZR1, but not a 2009. Even though your ZR is very nice, it isn't worth over 60K even with very low miles. Example, I just saw a 2011, 3ZR, 4,400 miles and very nice like yours for $59K which is an awesome price. The car was already sold when I called about it. I think 55K would be a fair price, but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Good luck with your sale.

Last edited by Buccaneer; 01-22-2018 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:28 PM
Jackie Chan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Buccaneer

I'm in the market for a ZR1, but not a 2009. Even though your ZR is very nice, it isn't worth over 60K even with very low miles. Example, I just saw a 2011, 3ZR, 4,400 miles and very nice like yours for $59K which is an awesome price. The car was already sold when I called about it. I think 55K would be a fair price, but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Good luck with your sale.
You can't base a car value on what is no longer available imo.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:25 AM
John Micheal Henry
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 195 Posts

It's worth 60k.. Really..
Old 01-27-2018, 12:49 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by streamliner
I hope this isn't considered a "dick move" but the forum rules clearly state that a For Sale thread must list a price, this thread does not. I know someone seriously shopping for a nice low mileage ZR1, this one seems to fit the bill:

3. Best Offers & Gauging Interest
The forum will permit "OBO" or "serious offers" in a sale thread where a price has been stipulated.

We will not permit threads where no price is stated, and asks for open offers. Low ball offers that are clearly ridiculous in nature, will be considered a violation of the forum rule pertaining to "Interference in a for sale," thread:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1118176

Members are not permitted to "gauge interest," in their item for sale thread. Such threads will create an ebay type auction, and that is unacceptable. Sellers must create their thread with an asking price included.

Only forum vendors are permitted to gauge interest in their products.

**NOTE** Supporting vendors sometimes offer prices that are below that recommended by manufacturers, so we allow them to post threads without a price and to ask people to contact them by phone or PM for the price. We extend the same courtesy to our supporting dealers, even though in most cases it is advantageous for them to post a price.
I'm surprised the thread has been around this long. It sounds like he is fishing for the best offer and obviously getting offers so is just waiting around for an auction type sale offer.

It all depends on your market for selling a nine year old car at this price.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:32 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

imo: really on the clock with the new ZR1 near. putting 55k-60k
toward an older car instead of a newer one(offering auto tranny, vert) and a warranty) may give potential buyers 2nd thoughts.
Afraid i'd be one one of them

i'd take the highest offer in the next few weeks and put the money toward the new ZR1 IF YOU PLAN TO REALLY DRIVE IT this time.

Or I'd take that cash and stash it until the ME arrives IF YOU PLAN TO REALLY DRIVE IT.

REALLY GREAT CAR

Quick Reply: FS: Looking to sell 2009 Corvette ZR1, 3ZR, 2300-miles, what is a fair sell price?