Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZHZ - $24,750

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 07:57 PM
jjlovessc
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZHZ - $24,750

Meet Yellow Jacket!
A 2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZHZ

Number 312 in a production line of 500 A one of a kind Vette!

One of 500 Corvette Coupes made only in 2008 specifically for the Hertz exotic rental fleet. Yellow Jacket lived the first part of its life in beautiful Phoenix Arizona as a vacation rental car for the auto enthusiast! The rest of its life it has enjoyed the open roads of the Midwest in Kansas and Missouri.

Don't let the "rental car" stigma concern you. This machine has been tested and proven for over 30,000 miles since it was a part of Hertz lineup. Search ZHZ on this forum and you will find some valuable conversations concerning the value of this package. Plus as with any special edition Vette, it has significant value compared to its equals. This limited run package is guaranteed to hold untold value especially as its siblings disappear with time.

Yellow Jacket is not just a base model Corvette but has a few significant upgrades. It was originally sold with over $12,000 in additional features over the base price. It boasts gorgeous 7-spoke chrome wheels only used on the ZHZ with J55 brakes and larger cross drilled rotors. GM fitted it with the same optional dual mode exhaust from the Grand Sport package which adds 6 horsepower for a total of 436. It is equipped with Magnetic Selective Ride Control (F55) which allows the driver to choose between the best of both worlds. Choose Sport for tight responsive handling or Tour for a more comfortable road trip.

This particular C6 Vette makes number nine on Corvette Dreamers top 10 list of fastest Corvettes in the world. In fact do a Google search on fastest production Corvettes ever and the ZHZ is on it. Plus it is the quickest auto equipped Vette of its time. It can jump from 0 to 60 miles per hour in only 4.3 seconds on it's way to an exhilarating top speed of 190.

GM successfully paired this super powerful package with stunningly good looks. The ZHZ came in Velocity Yellow with an iconic black stripe down the middle and is trimmed with special badging on the side panels, underhood blanket and armrest, screen mesh grille and side vent covers, a racing spoiler and more. The interior is all black which really stands out against the bright yellow. Plus it came standard with the 2LT package which among other things includes a luggage shade with logo and cargo net, driver and passenger perforated leather seats with 6-way power adjustment, etc.

A couple points that make Yellow Jacket stand out from the rest of the lineup is that the normally automatic dual mode exhaust has an added manual switch allowing the driver to open and close the exhaust as desired and not rely on the computer to decide based on driving condition. There are front bumper and side mirror bras to protect from road rash, front and rear body color license plate frames and black Corvette letters on the rear bumper. Regardless, this yellow beast is bound to turn heads wherever you go!

I can personally vouch for the condition of this car and had a GM certified mechanic perform a thorough inspection from front to back. I've completed some general maintenance items such as an oil change and other fluids. There is a very small oil seepage near the rear main seal and some expected road rash along the front bumper. Other than that it's in incredibly great condition. The Goodyear Eagle F1 tires have lots of good tread remaining. I have many more pictures and information to share if you're interested. I don't really want to part with Yellow Jacket but I am still a family man and need to wait a few year for my dream car. After owning this rare beauty, my dream definitely includes a future Vette!

Specifications:
2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZHZ
C6 Generation 6
LS3 6.2 liter aluminum block V8
436hp @5900rpm/428lb. ft. tq @4600rpm
6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters
Velocity Yellow exterior
Ebony interior
69,262 miles
16 city 26 highway mpg

Old 05-28-2018, 07:59 PM
big_c
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 76 Posts

Great ad, glws!
The following users liked this post:
jjlovessc (05-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 02:59 AM
doctor_charly
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

incredibly low priced, how comes its still unsold? I just bought mine in europe...9 year after the rental in L.A back in 2009...had 200 miles back then.. what a wonderful memory... good sale man !
Old 07-16-2018, 03:53 AM
jz94
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Haven't heard from you. Is the car still available?
Old 07-16-2018, 10:14 AM
jjlovessc
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by jz94
Haven't heard from you. Is the car still available?
My apologies, I have not seen another message from you. Yes, it is still available!
Old 09-01-2018, 07:00 AM
John Stranghoner
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm interested in this is it still available?

Is this car still available? I'm interested please call me 620 -365-9571
Old 09-11-2018, 09:14 AM
jjlovessc
Heel & Toe

Default Sold!

Originally Posted by jjlovessc
Meet Yellow Jacket!
A 2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZHZ

Number 312 in a production line of 500 A one of a kind Vette!

One of 500 Corvette Coupes made only in 2008 specifically for the Hertz exotic rental fleet. Yellow Jacket lived the first part of its life in beautiful Phoenix Arizona as a vacation rental car for the auto enthusiast! The rest of its life it has enjoyed the open roads of the Midwest in Kansas and Missouri.

Don't let the "rental car" stigma concern you. This machine has been tested and proven for over 30,000 miles since it was a part of Hertz lineup. Search ZHZ on this forum and you will find some valuable conversations concerning the value of this package. Plus as with any special edition Vette, it has significant value compared to its equals. This limited run package is guaranteed to hold untold value especially as its siblings disappear with time.

Yellow Jacket is not just a base model Corvette but has a few significant upgrades. It was originally sold with over $12,000 in additional features over the base price. It boasts gorgeous 7-spoke chrome wheels only used on the ZHZ with J55 brakes and larger cross drilled rotors. GM fitted it with the same optional dual mode exhaust from the Grand Sport package which adds 6 horsepower for a total of 436. It is equipped with Magnetic Selective Ride Control (F55) which allows the driver to choose between the best of both worlds. Choose Sport for tight responsive handling or Tour for a more comfortable road trip.

This particular C6 Vette makes number nine on Corvette Dreamers top 10 list of fastest Corvettes in the world. In fact do a Google search on fastest production Corvettes ever and the ZHZ is on it. Plus it is the quickest auto equipped Vette of its time. It can jump from 0 to 60 miles per hour in only 4.3 seconds on it's way to an exhilarating top speed of 190.

GM successfully paired this super powerful package with stunningly good looks. The ZHZ came in Velocity Yellow with an iconic black stripe down the middle and is trimmed with special badging on the side panels, underhood blanket and armrest, screen mesh grille and side vent covers, a racing spoiler and more. The interior is all black which really stands out against the bright yellow. Plus it came standard with the 2LT package which among other things includes a luggage shade with logo and cargo net, driver and passenger perforated leather seats with 6-way power adjustment, etc.

A couple points that make Yellow Jacket stand out from the rest of the lineup is that the normally automatic dual mode exhaust has an added manual switch allowing the driver to open and close the exhaust as desired and not rely on the computer to decide based on driving condition. There are front bumper and side mirror bras to protect from road rash, front and rear body color license plate frames and black Corvette letters on the rear bumper. Regardless, this yellow beast is bound to turn heads wherever you go!

I can personally vouch for the condition of this car and had a GM certified mechanic perform a thorough inspection from front to back. I've completed some general maintenance items such as an oil change and other fluids. There is a very small oil seepage near the rear main seal and some expected road rash along the front bumper. Other than that it's in incredibly great condition. The Goodyear Eagle F1 tires have lots of good tread remaining. I have many more pictures and information to share if you're interested. I don't really want to part with Yellow Jacket but I am still a family man and need to wait a few year for my dream car. After owning this rare beauty, my dream definitely includes a future Vette!

Specifications:
2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZHZ
C6 Generation 6
LS3 6.2 liter aluminum block V8
436hp @5900rpm/428lb. ft. tq @4600rpm
6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters
Velocity Yellow exterior
Ebony interior
69,262 miles
16 city 26 highway mpg

SOLD! Happy/Sad day for me. Goodbye for now Yellow Jacket, the garage just isn't as bright without you!
Old 09-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by jjlovessc
SOLD! Happy/Sad day for me. Goodbye for now Yellow Jacket, the garage just isn't as bright without you!

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZHZ - $24,750

Quick Reply: FS: 2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZHZ - $24,750