C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NLP C6 Magnacharger Package- Good News and Not So Good News....For Now

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 09:04 PM
0Mike@NorrisMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default NLP C6 Magnacharger Package- Good News and Not So Good News....For Now

Hey All,

Pretty much we can do a C6 Magnacharger package for you. The down side is it will require a new hood and at this time there is no production hood available that will clear. That can be solved with a custom one off hood but can get pricey. There are a few hoods in the works to clear the unit, but as of yet no hard time frame for them.

There is going to be a production C6 Magnacharger available for a stock hood, but it is still in the R&D stages at this time and agin no timeframe has been released.

I will be working on some pricing for those interested that will include a finished hood. Thanks goes out to my partners at HPS for the availability.

Have a great day.

Mike Norris
Old 08-29-2005, 05:59 PM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 209 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Doc
...There is going to be a production C6 Magnacharger available for a stock hood, but it is still in the R&D stages at this time and agin no timeframe has been released.
Thanks Mike.

Anyone else have any news on this? I sent Magnuson an email and have not heard back. It seems kind of odd that they would announce both a charger that won't fit under the hood and one that will, without any more info. It seems this is just going to make folks wait on the latter without them giving folks a reason to buy the former???
Old 09-03-2005, 01:17 AM
SickRick
Drifting

I'm waiting for the one that'll fit the stock hood. "Qualified Rumor Mongers" (Mike knows who I'm talking about), tell me 6-9 months.

That's good - it'll take me that long to save up for it...

Rick
Old 09-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SickRick
I'm waiting for the one that'll fit the stock hood. "Qualified Rumor Mongers" (Mike knows who I'm talking about), tell me 6-9 months.

That's good - it'll take me that long to save up for it...

Rick
Rick,
any rumor on h.p. difference between the two???
Jeremy
Dallas Tx
Old 09-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m just taking an educated guess hear. But stock hood variant is likely based on GTO LS2 version and unit that requires hood change is based on C5 LS1/6 version.

The differences are in intake manifold and liquid-to-air intercooler. C5 version has runners and GTO version dumps into plenum.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To NLP C6 Magnacharger Package- Good News and Not So Good News....For Now

Quick Reply: NLP C6 Magnacharger Package- Good News and Not So Good News....For Now