C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger owners: How many of you have improved the air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM
dmaxcamss
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike@G-Force, did you put spacers in between the frame and cradle to lower it or cut the radiator mounts and weld them at a lower location?

LJo, I gave one of the tech supports my serial number and he stated that I had the newest cradle. I'd be more than happy to give you my serial number through a PM just to be sure if you'd like. When you say post July '08 came with a modified cradle and lower bracket, what do you mean by lower bracket? Do you mean that you guys redesigned the head unit bracket too, making it lower? If this is so, then that explains why a straight piece of 4" won't fit.

FirstGen, how soon can you have the Big Mouth kit made in aluminum? I changed the oil in my supercharger today, while installing the drain kit, changed the thermostat, AND...I notched out the fin or tab that runs all along the top side of the radiator in the area where the intake pipe sits. I gained about 1/2", but I'm still thinking it's not enough. If I read what LJo wrote correctly, the reason why there still isn't enough room may be due to them lowering the head unit.

Last edited by dmaxcamss; 11-25-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:08 AM
MachineWorks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmaxcamss
Mike@G-Force, did you put spacers in between the frame and cradle to lower it or cut the radiator mounts and weld them at a lower location?

LJo, I gave one of the tech supports my serial number and he stated that I had the newest cradle. I'd be more than happy to give you my serial number through a PM just to be sure if you'd like. When you say post July '08 came with a modified cradle and lower bracket, what do you mean by lower bracket? Do you mean that you guys redesigned the head unit bracket too, making it lower? If this is so, then that explains why a straight piece of 4" won't fit.

FirstGen, how soon can you have the Big Mouth kit made in aluminum? I changed the oil in my supercharger today, while installing the drain kit, changed the thermostat, AND...I notched out the fin or tab that runs all along the top side of the radiator in the area where the intake pipe sits. I gained about 1/2", but I'm still thinking it's not enough. If I read what LJo wrote correctly, the reason why there still isn't enough room may be due to them lowering the head unit.
When you installed your kit, did it come with a new cradle or did you put pacers in between the oem cradle and frame?
Old 11-26-2008, 12:57 PM
0Mike@G-Force
Former Vendor

We used spacers to lower the cradle a 1/2".
Old 11-26-2008, 07:08 PM
dmaxcamss
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the newest cradle. It dropped the radiator down. I did not have to use spacers between the cradle and frame.

Here's why this isn't working for me...

When Procharger redesigned the cradle, they also redesigned the head unit bracket. The bracket lowers the head unit, thus the reason why a straight piece of 4" pipe isn't going to work for me. Now, if I had the old bracket and the new cradle that I have, then there would be no issue. I even notched the top of the radiator, in the area where the intake goes. I gained about 1/2", but it's still not enough.

So...unless I get another head unit bracket that relocates the head unit higher, I'm SOL.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Joshk
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
Remember the Dallas Performance kit is a "Custom" filter... This is no B.S. sourced piece... Taylor did all measurements to have the filters custom made to spec. including Larger inlet and Maximum filter surface... Yes you could build your own, but it would not be the same unless you also had a custom filter made ( not cheap )... and yes I too have seen SERIOUS gains from the D.P. "Big mouth kit" more to come very soon!!! lots of neat stuff in the works, I just gotta get back to the U.S. from Panama first...
I know this is old but I can't find it anywhere is the filter cleanable and is it an oiled filter or dry ?
Old 09-11-2017, 03:36 PM
goat__
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshk
I know this is old but I can't find it anywhere is the filter cleanable and is it an oiled filter or dry ?
call dallas performance or go to their site and order the filter. I have the intake and its a reusable oiled filter.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:39 PM
UTGS
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the new A&A intake work on a procharger? They make some pretty big numbers with it, sure it has a "dent" in it, but its also pretty wide and flows well to make the numbers. Not sure its a restriction anymore.

Edit: ah hell, this is an old thread

Last edited by UTGS; 09-20-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Procharger owners: How many of you have improved the air intake?