C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What’s my Z06 TT WarHawk worth? May have to sell

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 04:21 PM
extremecorvette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What’s my Z06 TT WarHawk worth? May have to sell

I might be moving across the country to and might have to sell my house and a few of my cars off. I’m just putting the motor in the car and want to keep the car to June so I can put a few thousand miles on the car before I have to sell it.

I have a yellow 06 Z06 fully tricked out. The car body had 10,000 miles on it and the new drive train and motor will have only about 3,000 when I sell it. I’ve been working with SpeedInc on the car for the past year. We both started our own Z06 project about the same time. I think there car made just over 1000 rwhp with not all the parts I put on mine.

Motor:
WarHawk Block stock height
WarHawk LS7X 6 bolt heads
Custom JE pistons rated for 1,300 hp Coated on the Skirts
Comp Star Rods
Dragon Slayer Crank
Clevite Coated Rod Bearings
Dura-Bond Coated Cam Bearings
Shafer Lifters
Comp 919 Springs 165lbs Seat Load 405lbs Open Load 550 Rate
Crower Custom Shaft Rockers
APS 6 Bolt Head Studs
APS Cam Bolts
APS Clutch Bolts
APS Header Bolts
Ron Davis Racing Radiator
ATi Balancer
Double Roller Timing Chain
Cam Motion Cam
232/226 622/608 114 4 degree advance built into the cam
Int open at 6 degrees close at 46 degrees
Exh open at 51 degrees close at -5 degrees

Turbo System:
Turbo Smart E-Boost Controller 2
APS Z06 Twin Turbo System with Garret GT3582R true ball bearing liquied cooleed
83lb Injectors
Fully Up-Graded Full System

Drive Train:
Spec Clutch Super Twin ST-Trim Torque Capacity 1595
Forgeline SP39 Rims 18x10” Front 18x13” Rear
BFGoodrich 345/30R18 Drag Radials
BFGoodrich 295/35R18
Hurt Shifter
Old 12-16-2008, 04:33 PM
extremecorvette
Drifting

Scoggin Dicky Brian 800-456-0211

I had to do some milling on the oil pump and to make it fit and give me 0.050” clearance. It fits with out milling it but there is no clearance. I milled the oil pump casting down by 0.050” and left my self a 0.075” wall thickness.

Not an easy or fun mod.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:47 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

As fafnir indicated, sell the parts separately. You're going to take a beating, but it's better than an absolute massacre!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:22 PM
extremecorvette
Drifting

So you think I will get $70K to $80k
Old 12-16-2008, 09:24 PM
LPFSTheFett
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll be very hard pressed to sell the car honestly. I listed mine up for 100k and it's a complete street car. It's the fastest C6 in the country in additon to it being a 07 Z with less then 5,000 miles.

Your best bet is to sell the parts and return the car back to stock. Granted I had a few bites, but nothing with any traction. Good luck regardless what you decide to do!

Jason
Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It's the fastest C6Z in the country
I would be willing to bet it's in the top 3 but to say it's the fastest may not be entirely accurate. (I mean absolutely no disrespect to your most impressive accomplishments!)

Any chance you can make it to Goliad in March (The Texas Mile) so we can find out who actually has the fastest in the country? I will be there ready to race - as well as a few others.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
as well as a few others.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:22 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just had mine listed on ebay and the auction stalled at 85k. If you search completed auctions for almost any type of sports car it seems like none of them are bringing any real money.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:19 AM
LPFSTheFett
Pro

I would be willing to bet it's in the top 3 but to say it's the fastest may not be entirely accurate. (I mean absolutely no disrespect to your most impressive accomplishments!)

Any chance you can make it to Goliad in March (The Texas Mile) so we can find out who actually has the fastest in the country? I will be there ready to race - as well as a few others.
I don't have any plans on doing mile events at this time. I'm speaking strictly the 1/4 mile, and to my knowledge, besides Norm's and Atomic's Z06's running 158mph, there hasn't been anything else close to my 159.16 MPH in the 1/4.

I had full plans on doing a 1 mile event with the 4L65, however since I'm upgrading the Turbo's, there is no chance the 4L65 will hold the additional power for the full pass. I also don't want to swap in a 6 speed, just for the event. So I'll stick to the 1/4 mile... for now.

As far as the 1/4 mile goes, I'll throw out the same offer to you. Get all those cars together for a 1/4 mile shoot out, and I'll come smack you guys around!! lol

Last edited by LPFSTheFett; 12-17-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:58 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by LPFSTheFett
there hasn't been anything else close to my 159.16 MPH in the 1/4.
)
yet...

my new turbo kit will be able to run 66mm to 78mm
what ....78mm flow 90-98lbs per min........ at a min BTW
warhawk + 4l80e+my kit= fast
Old 12-17-2008, 07:50 AM
LPFSTheFett
Pro

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
yet...

There is always going to be a yet, I'm talking about right now. And the new number isn't 159, it's 159 + 300rwhp.

Curious to see how that 4L80 does for you. Rpm assured me a 4L80 wouldn't hold my power last year for an extended period of time, though would be much better then my current 4L65. I can get about 10 passes out of it before a rebuild at 1000rwhp.

Fafnir: No traction control systems for me. My car hooks fine on the street even at 1,000rwhp.

As for tires, I run M&H 345/18 Drag Radials at the track and on the street. Probably get 2000 miles per set. Problem is staying off the throttle, to make them last longer.

And not sure what we did for a timing chain, I know it's upgraded to something stronger, just not sure what. Been awhile!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 AM
extremecorvette
Drifting

Originally Posted by INTMD8
I just had mine listed on ebay and the auction stalled at 85k. If you search completed auctions for almost any type of sports car it seems like none of them are bringing any real money.

If I get $75k or up for mine I would be happy and could live with it. I really don't want to part out my dream car.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by extremecorvette
I might be moving across the country to and might have to sell my house and a few of my cars off. I’m just putting the motor in the car and want to keep the car to June so I can put a few thousand miles on the car before I have to sell it.

I have a yellow 06 Z06 fully tricked out. The car body had 10,000 miles on it and the new drive train and motor will have only about 3,000 when I sell it. I’ve been working with SpeedInc on the car for the past year. We both started our own Z06 project about the same time. I think there car made just over 1000 rwhp with not all the parts I put on mine.

Motor:
WarHawk Block stock height
WarHawk LS7X 6 bolt heads
Custom JE pistons rated for 1,300 hp Coated on the Skirts
Comp Star Rods
Dragon Slayer Crank
Clevite Coated Rod Bearings
Dura-Bond Coated Cam Bearings
Shafer Lifters
Comp 919 Springs 165lbs Seat Load 405lbs Open Load 550 Rate
Crower Custom Shaft Rockers
APS 6 Bolt Head Studs
APS Cam Bolts
APS Clutch Bolts
APS Header Bolts
Ron Davis Racing Radiator
ATi Balancer
Double Roller Timing Chain
Cam Motion Cam
232/226 622/608 114 4 degree advance built into the cam
Int open at 6 degrees close at 46 degrees
Exh open at 51 degrees close at -5 degrees

Turbo System:
Turbo Smart E-Boost Controller 2
APS Z06 Twin Turbo System with Garret GT3582R true ball bearing liquied cooleed
83lb Injectors
Fully Up-Graded Full System

Drive Train:
Spec Clutch Super Twin ST-Trim Torque Capacity 1595
Forgeline SP39 Rims 18x10” Front 18x13” Rear
BFGoodrich 345/30R18 Drag Radials
BFGoodrich 295/35R18
Hurt Shifter

why selling car if ur moving? TAKE IT WITH U...why take a beating unless u need to money
Old 12-17-2008, 10:20 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by LPFSTheFett
There is always going to be a yet, I'm talking about right now. And the new number isn't 159, it's 159 + 300rwhp.

Curious to see how that 4L80 does for you. Rpm assured me a 4L80 wouldn't hold my power last year for an extended period of time, though would be much better then my current 4L65. I can get about 10 passes out of it before a rebuild at 1000rwhp.
whats extendend period of time? there are thousands of mega hp cars running TH400 for many many runs w/o issues... also 65e doesnt like to run power thru 4th gear....try it and see what happens

+300 from nitrous. going from 35 to 37 will not net an additional 20lbs per min.

just curious, if ur 10 runs @ 1000rwhp then +300 will make it 7 runs understand why u may be curious
Old 12-17-2008, 10:47 AM
extremecorvette
Drifting

Well I’m still paying on the corvette and my house and the other two cars I have paid off. If I move I will try to sell one of the cars off and the house. If I sell the house I will not have to sell the corvette. But being winter and this economy I don’t think I will see either very fast. So when I move out there I will need to find a new house or apartment. All the apartments are costing more than my house mortgage here. The new job pays a lot more but not enough to cover the monthly cash flow on everything.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:51 PM
aTX427

That is a hell of a ride. You would probably be better off parting out the entire car then selling it as a whole.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

Reastically, I don't think that any of the super highly modded C6Zs on this forum are going to bring in more than about 80k. I know that there are many in this forum that have over 50k in mods...some a good bit more than 50k...but I just don't think that there is much chance of getting someone to pay more than about 80k for the car.

As Jason said, he listed his car for 100k and got a few bites but that was it. I bet if he asked 90k for the car then guys would start calling offering 85k and he could probably move the car for that if he really wanted to. Also...Jason's car is one of only two super C6Zs that can go to the track and produce numbers that one might expect to see out of a car with such power which actually makes his car worth more IMO. Anyone else running low 9s at basically 160 mph?

I would be willing to bet it's in the top 3 but to say it's the fastest may not be entirely accurate.
Who's going to beat him? Your car can beat 160 mph in the 1/4 mile?
yet...

I have a YET for you... Has your warhawk block dropped any sleeves YET? It will.

Get notified of new replies

To What’s my Z06 TT WarHawk worth? May have to sell

Old 12-17-2008, 03:24 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Jorday
Reastically, I don't think that any of the super highly modded C6Zs on this forum are going to bring in more than about 80k.

I have a YET for you... Has your warhawk block dropped any sleeves YET? It will.

man! **** on his party!

so let me get this right, he will not get over 80K and his sleeves will drop when and if he does sell it to the new owners....

wow that sucks.

BTW i am fully aware of the sleeve issues thank u

any decent machine shop will take proper procedure to check block/sleeve install....

Last edited by NICK YOSKIN; 12-17-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

man! **** on his party!

so let me get this right, he will not get over 80K and his sleeves will drop when and if he does sell it to the new owners....

wow that sucks.

BTW i am fully aware of the sleeve issues thank u
Yes that's correct, I don't believe that any of these highly modded C6Zs will bring in more than 80ish. If someone does sell theirs for more than that then that's awesome, but I think it's unlikely. I just don't think anyone's going to pay that for a used C6Z no matter how many mods are on it.

As far as the sleeves go...I was just mentioning it because just about all of these blocks seem to do it. Forgive me, I didn't know that you were well aware of the problem.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:14 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Jorday
Yes that's correct, I don't believe that any of these highly modded C6Zs will bring in more than 80ish. If someone does sell theirs for more than that then that's awesome, but I think it's unlikely. I just don't think anyone's going to pay that for a used C6Z no matter how many mods are on it.

As far as the sleeves go...I was just mentioning it because just about all of these blocks seem to do it. Forgive me, I didn't know that you were well aware of the problem.
just saying that any good machine shop will check pressed sleeves..

no doubt the market sucks!

Quick Reply: What’s my Z06 TT WarHawk worth? May have to sell