C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Octane Boosters - The cold hard facts

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 11:05 AM
24hr Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
No videos, only a few pics and I do have a dyno sheet. I'm hopeful to get back on the dyno very soon with the new methanol setup! I'll post pics and a dyno sheet when I do!

However, first thing's first... I blew ANOTHER transmission out about 4 hours ago.
jesus man.. what trans have you been running?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:46 PM
EVILNESS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 24hr Z06
jesus man.. what trans have you been running?
LoL eddy takes out his childhood bad memories on his trannys no matter who built it hell be the one to break it... Good info Ed i been wondering about this for a while and never was convinced maybe this will change my mind... cheers buddy

R.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:11 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL Guys!

I've been running built T-56's and I've been through 2 built TR-6060's. Argh. (built locally)

The 6060's seem to hold up the best. I haven't yet run an RPM Built 6060 but I may try them next!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:15 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
LOL Guys!

I've been running built T-56's and I've been through 2 built TR-6060's. Argh. (built locally)

The 6060's seem to hold up the best. I haven't yet run an RPM Built 6060 but I may try them next!
Do you know exactly what is breaking on them?
Old 05-30-2009, 09:40 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash99
........, but all and all the only gripe I had with Torco was the orange rust type substance that was on my plugs and my exhaust tips, if Klotz does the same thing without the residue that product is going to be selling like hotcakes.
Klotz does not leave the residue...and the "orange rust type substance" you mention above is not relegated to simply discoloring your plugs but also leaves a healthy build-up on top of the psitons, all over the combustion chamber, the valve faces, etc....
The following users liked this post:
HC Mechanic (12-31-2017)
Old 07-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Flash99
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Williams@RPM
Klotz does not leave the residue...and the "orange rust type substance" you mention above is not relegated to simply discoloring your plugs but also leaves a healthy build-up on top of the psitons, all over the combustion chamber, the valve faces, etc....
Back from the dead. I noticed Klotz is much cheaper, $10.75 per pint Vs the $23 or so with Klotz. They also sell it by the gallon and in 10 packs. What I did notice was at the bottom it stated it is not "Alcohol" compatible. Does that mean that it will still be fine with methanol injection? Or are they just basically stating you cant use it while mixing with straight Alcohol powered vehicles.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:50 PM
HC Mechanic
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Recently switched from Torco to Klotz because of the buildup you get with the Torco.

MMT = buildup, most critically on your plugs, cats, and O2 sensors.

Both addictives made my 12:1 LS2 run better. I was forced to do the testing on these boosters based on my old meth system dying. Will be fixing the meth system and keeping a few cans of Klotz in the trunk for any future meth system issues

Quick Reply: Octane Boosters - The cold hard facts