C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techco is out of business!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:33 PM
KingCobra04
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techco is out of business!

This was posted earlier today by BlownCobraGirl on www.modularfords.com.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s....php?p=1424557

"Just confirming the rumors...

Making this post really saddens me because I see the HUGE effort that my good friends at Techco put into making that company successful. Unfortunately earlier this week, they have decided to close their doors. This is an extremely tough economy right now, I'm seeing it effect many of our Vendors in a negative way, and I think that has a lot to do with why things didn't work out for them. It's harder for businesses to stay afloat right now than most people realize. It certainly wasn't because of their lack of service, dedication, or lack of innovation.

Everyone who knows Carlos Duran and Ned Shortsleeve knows how truly dedicated to Techco they were. Those two guys are, and will remain, TOP notch in my book and trust me when I saw we haven't seen the last of them. Some say Techco will be back and I have high hopes that they will one day. I'm lucky enough to have their supercharger on my car and I'm truly impressed with the difference they made in such a short time in our industry.

I want to wish the whole Techco crew (especially my boys) the best of luck with their future endeavors. This door may be closed but I hope a new, possibly better door will be opening for all of you soon. I've enjoyed dealing with all of you over the last year."

Can anyone close to TECHCO verify this information?

Last edited by KingCobra04; 08-20-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM
KingCobra04
Advanced

It appears that TECHCO terminated its staff on Friday (August 14th, 2009) and closed their doors the same day according to this post.

http://www.smokinvette.com/corvettef...ad.php?t=25524
Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Holy cow!!! That other thread about getting "Screwed by Techo" was a bit ironic now isn't it? That sucks, looks like they had a lot of promise.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:31 PM
KingCobra04
Advanced

Originally Posted by 06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Holy cow!!! That other thread about getting "Screwed by Techo" was a bit ironic now isn't it? That sucks, looks like they had a lot of promise.
Yes it is! I just feel bad for my buddy James/PAUZAO that now has to deal with anything that might arise from the installation of TECHCO's blower.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Who else has their car getting done by them?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:41 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Wow! I did not see that coming. They seemed like they were pretty solid.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

One thing that had always concerned was the fact, this was Saleen's design and when the employees left Saleen, they began this company with someone backing them money, but the I was wondering how long this can go on. So, their closing might be related to the fact that, you can't just start a new business with your former employer's ideas and design work.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:03 PM
0Magna Charger
Former Vendor

Magnuson would be interested in interviewing the staff from Techco. If anyone is interested please contact our Human Resources Dept @ 805-642-8833 x223.

We would also be interested in any of the Machinery that is available, if anyone knows what the status of that is please let us know.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:33 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

According to a source that knows the TechCo staff, TechCo had a big blowout with the building owner. The building owner wouldn't fix the fire sprinklers so TechCo has put their equipment in storage, given their employees two weeks of paid vacation and is relocating. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen but that's the information I got.

San
Old 08-20-2009, 03:48 PM
ZZMike
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds very close to what I have heard. Changing buildings and something to do with city codes is what I understand is going on.

Originally Posted by oldmansan
According to a source that knows the TechCo staff, TechCo had a big blowout with the building owner. The building owner wouldn't fix the fire sprinklers so TechCo has put their equipment in storage, given their employees two weeks of paid vacation and is relocating. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen but that's the information I got.

San
Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
0Magna Charger
Former Vendor

San
In all honesty I hope that is the case. I do not like to hear about Companies closing out.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:29 PM
POACHR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Magna Charger
In all honesty I hope that is the case. I do not like to hear about Companies closing out.
and for them to close when they had so much going for them.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:03 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

San
If that is indeed true why didnt they notify customers and everyone else for that matter! Would have taken a minute to post keeping people informed. Something doesnt smell right. Either its terrible business judgement or they went belly up. I'll wager the later.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:40 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC6
If that is indeed true why didnt they notify customers and everyone else for that matter! Would have taken a minute to post keeping people informed. Something doesnt smell right. Either its terrible business judgement or they went belly up. I'll wager the later.
Agree. If they were planning to stay in business, they should have at least had a working phone # that calls could be forwarded to. That's not difficult or expensive.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:56 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Its really unfortunate, but signs of the times.

They came on to the scene, and half the members here started finding reasons to bash other S/C vendors, only to jump on their bandwagon.

At the end of the day, hopefully the members will know that its important to pick a S/C from a company who has been around a while, and isnt going anywhere. Its not always about rushing to have the first kit out, or proving you can do it without a hood. Cause at the end of the day, who's gonna be there to service the warranty when that company closes.

If a member has one of their kits, and needs help fixing issues, My shop is probably the most experienced twin screw Corvette shop in the country. I will offer our services free of charge, no strings attached, to help the member get his car on the road.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Geez, I so glad I did not put my eggs in that basket. Local Mustang shop recommended them and their new unit. Wanted $$ up front for receiving one early and cheaper. Glad I decided not to, I was on the fence.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:42 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

San
I heard the same thing from one of their staff membes. The sprinklers went off and flooded the building, incluing two Saleen S7s. They complained and the owner wouldn't do anything about it, so they are relocating. Made sense to me...
I for one REALLY hope they don't go. We need more twin screw systems, specially ones that don't require a big bulging aftermarket hood.

Get notified of new replies

To Techco is out of business!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM
09C6Coupe
Racer

Straight from their website: http://www.techcointl.com/

News

08/13/09 - Techco is currently in the process of relocating and appreciate your patience during this transition
Old 08-20-2009, 10:04 PM
KingCobra04
Advanced

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
I heard the same thing from one of their staff membes. The sprinklers went off and flooded the building, incluing two Saleen S7s. They complained and the owner wouldn't do anything about it, so they are relocating. Made sense to me...
I for one REALLY hope they don't go. We need more twin screw systems, specially ones that don't require a big bulging aftermarket hood.

That is true that the fire sprinklers were not functioning properly and they did have issues with the building owner.

The fact is they are not responding to emails, phones are not working or calls being returned and all the pending litigation against them is not a good sign and is horrible business even if they were moving.

A couple of us have personal cell numbers to key players that used to work for TECHCO, these individuals had voicemails indicating their name and position with TECHCO and now they just have a generic......"you have reached 555-555-5555" voicemail message. All indications are that they have closed their doors!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:50 PM
knkali
Melting Slicks

i hope they are in business because 1) these guys need their rides working right and 2) another business closure reminds me of how bad things are

Quick Reply: Techco is out of business!