C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 fuel pump capabilities?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:08 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default LS7 fuel pump capabilities?

I am looking to go with the E85 heads/cam setup for my C6Z and was planning to run a small shot on top of that, 100-125 dry shot. Now what are the thresholds for the stock Z06 fuel pump? Those of you that are running n2o, are you using the stock pump? stock pump + BAP? or have you upgraded to a large pump from Aeromotive or others? I know that the E85 is going to require more fuel from the stock pump already, just curious what the opinions are from other people in here that are already making 700whp or more and what kind of fuel issues or concerns you had/have with the stock setup w/ larger injectors (60#-80#).

The build will basically consist of:
Forged 427
WCCH ported heads (higher compression ratio 13:1)
FAST 102mm ported intake
KB CF112 Intake
LG Headers
60# injectors
125 dry shot
RPS or LS9 clutch
E85 fuel and tuning

Other odds and ends as well, but that's the big stuff.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:30 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will be out of injector if you want to hit it with a dry shot. I would run a nitro daves standalone fuel setup, and 60#ers, or the new Seimens 80s.

If you were on standard E10, you would be OK, but E70-E85, not so much.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:22 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

I looked into the nitro dave stand alone fuel system and I have a whole group of other questions in regards to that. I was going to go with the 80# injectors with the spray, but I was told that the stock fuel pump will not support it, or at least not for long, trying to push enough fuel. Also, what are your opinions on scaling the tune for 60# or 80# since the stock EMS is not capable of adjusting to those size of injectors. I was told that the LS9 injectors are within the scope of the stock ecu for tuning, but if I go with 60# or 80# that it would all have to be scaled correctly and if the tuner doesn't get it right that I will run into all sorts of issues with drivability and such.

Nitrous is something I am looking at doing next spring or so, for now, I will just be n/a, I just don't want to do a bunch of things twice...so if I need to wait, I'll wait, but I was just curious where the stock fuel pump finally will give in.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM
0Jeremy@HOB
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's definitely going to be a healthy motor even off the spray. I wouldn't want to put a build of that caliber in jeopardy trying to stretch a stock fuel pump. I would recommend stepping up to an Aeromotive system. It is E85 ready and will support that power with ease. If interested I sell a complete package with the fuel pump, lines, fittings, rails, regulator, filters, etc.

http://www.houseofboost.com/features...ntankpump.html
Old 09-09-2010, 04:47 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As already mentioned, stock Z06 pump won't be able to keep up with your fueling demands.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:13 AM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Not saying it's best, but Carlos@QM "myhardtop" runs pretty much the exact same set-up as the OP and makes 800rwhp on stock fuel pump and 80lb injectors
Old 09-10-2010, 11:01 AM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upgrade the fuel system if anything first. My stock pump with bap made 750rw with 60's inj. Change to 80 inj. and run a dual pump setup or above mentioned setup and you should be fine.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

How difficult is it to change out the stock C6Z fuel pump for the A1000 kit? Is there an access location or way to drop the tank?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:31 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

It is a big job to remove the "tanks" but it has to be done inorder to do the fuel system upgrade, at least I had to....
Old 09-10-2010, 12:38 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Yum. Are there other modifications that can be done at that same time, ie: duplicate efforts? or is the fuel pump upgrade just an animal all by itself? I am still needing to swap out my clutch, but I don't have anything that I am planning for the trans/diff besides a fluid change. The rest of my build will be in the front half of the car.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:45 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

When removing the drivetrain for the tanks, change out your clutch then. Here is some pics of the dual pump setup.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...uel-pumps.html

Originally Posted by lane_change
Yum. Are there other modifications that can be done at that same time, ie: duplicate efforts? or is the fuel pump upgrade just an animal all by itself? I am still needing to swap out my clutch, but I don't have anything that I am planning for the trans/diff besides a fluid change. The rest of my build will be in the front half of the car.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:14 PM
0Jeremy@HOB
Former Vendor

You do not need to drop the drivetrain to install the fuel system. You can remove both tanks without touching the transmission. It speeds up the install significantly.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:32 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Correct,

But it makes life easier when you do it all in one shot. Clutch, intake pumps/tanks etc.

Originally Posted by Jeremy@HOB
You do not need to drop the drivetrain to install the fuel system. You can remove both tanks without touching the transmission. It speeds up the install significantly.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:49 PM
0Jeremy@HOB
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BADZ
Correct,

But it makes life easier when you do it all in one shot. Clutch, intake pumps/tanks etc.
True, if you've got the funds then by all means upgrade it while you're in there
Old 09-17-2010, 01:59 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Correct,

The power he's thinking due the clutch! While you are in there!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Bringing her back from the dead....ironically it is now spring time, so Nitrous again has entered my thoughts. The car is already running on E85.

Current setup is:
QM Black Mamba Cam
Siemens 83# injectors
FAST 102 Intake
A/R 1 7/8" headers w/o cats
Stic It Performance CAI

What is going on this month
McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch
WCCH 13.5:1 heads
(Nitrous)

The nitrous is where the question stems from. Back to the fuel supply concerns. My expectations is that the car will be making around 600whp n/a with this setup and I am planning to add a dry 100 shot to the car with NANO. I am debating the Aermotive Stealth 340lph pump for the simplicity and that I think it should handle my car with the 700+hp goals in mind. Like Pre-Z06 mentioned, Carlos who is helping me with the car, build, etc...is running a stock pump with a similar setup and making over 800whp. If I upgrade the pump, will the rest of the fuel system be reliable at this power level with the 80# injectors? Do I need larger lines, rails, regulator, etc..? Since I am going with a dry shot, that eliminates the stand alone fuel system....so my other option is to go with a stand alone fuel system and leave the stock fuel system alone and then go with a wet kit, but that changes the cost effectiveness of nitrous substantially, because now my nitrous system could easily run $2500-3000 + installation labor, plus re-fills for NANO and nitrous, so at some point, I would be better off with boost.

I read up on the Aermotive Stealth 340lph pump, but it seems kind of cumbersome to make it work efficiently, with quite a bit of DIY hacking and such which is not impressing me. Is there a simple pump upgrade for these cars that is not a 1000+hp ready system that costs thousands of dollars?
Old 04-18-2011, 05:07 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...corvettes.html

Call Will @ RSI: William Hamblin
940.683.0078 - Phone
will@RacingSolutions.com - Email

He is extremely helpful and will not over sell you.

BJK

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 fuel pump capabilities?

Old 04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

haha, trying to keep up with Chris?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 PM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Just adding my .02

I just recently made the switch to E85 and I absolutely love the numbers the car made thanks to Carlos @ Quality Motorsports. I have no head work, stock throttle body and intake manifold and the car made almost 590rwhp. I am also running a Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit Wet 150shot and the car made over 750whp. Now granted I know there are a lot of people running boost a pumps on regular gas but I just had my pump/regulator inside the tank take a dump on me which is ok I suppose but the E may have been the cause. I didn't wanna do a fuel system this early but I have no choice so I am doing it once and hopefully will never have to touch it again. I already have Deatschwerk 80# Injectors, and I have been on the phone with RSI who has been very helpful in what direction I am going with the car. I will be running their drop in hat with three Deatschwerk 300lph fuel pumps, two fuel lab inline filters, two -8AN feeds to each rail and coming off of the regulator up front I will be running a -8AN return line. I am also having a special fitting made to tee off of the feed line to tie my fuel solenoid to so that I will be able to stay a wet shot and not run out of injector.. So with all of that I should be more than set for the setup I am running right now and hopefully in the future. Hopefully this helps you out a little bit. Enjoy the E85 my friend!!

Last edited by GAMEOVR; 04-18-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

haha, trying to keep up with Chris?
Nah....this was in the works since last November when the thread started. I don't need to prove anything to him, I drug his *** motor to motor, and I'll drag his *** again bottle to bottle.

Just trying to figure out the fuel.

The more I read about it, the more I am planning to just run a wet shot with a stand alone fuel system and just let my stock system run my car, and let my stand alone run my nitrous.

Quick Reply: LS7 fuel pump capabilities?