C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dieseling condition with e-force?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Well, if brain farts were dynamite, my a$$ would be gone....

The 57 lb inj by fast were LS2 injectors. Of course I need LS3/7/9 injectors so I'll be returning the FAST injectors to Texas Speed later this week. I believe they have some 65 lb injectors that will work with the E-Force configuration. Luckily, I didn't even open the injector package. Old people need to be watched very closely, lest they do stupid $hit.

Sigh...

Elmer
Old 12-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Chameleon T/A
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So did you try to swap your stock ones back in first to see if that solved the problem?
Old 12-28-2011, 12:50 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

Originally Posted by Chameleon T/A
So did you try to swap your stock ones back in first to see if that solved the problem?

The stock injectors are LS2 sized injectors. The E-Force requires the shorter LS3/7/9 sized injectors. There is no way to reuse the stock injectors unless I remove the E-Force SC and put the stock intake back on the car.

Elmer
Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Well, if brain farts were dynamite, my a$$ would be gone....

The 57 lb inj by fast were LS2 injectors. Of course I need LS3/7/9 injectors so I'll be returning the FAST injectors to Texas Speed later this week. I believe they have some 65 lb injectors that will work with the E-Force configuration. Luckily, I didn't even open the injector package. Old people need to be watched very closely, lest they do stupid $hit.

Sigh...

Elmer
I ran those 65lb FAST injectors without issue on my LS3. They come in 39/50/65/85lb ratings for the LS3/LS7

http://www.fuelairspark.com/Products...rs'-1.aspx
Old 12-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Chameleon T/A
Pro

The stock injectors are LS2 sized injectors. The E-Force requires the shorter LS3/7/9 sized injectors. There is no way to reuse the stock injectors unless I remove the E-Force SC and put the stock intake back on the car.

Elmer
Gotcha. Would be nice if someone had some ls3/7's to borrow first...
Old 12-28-2011, 01:26 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

With the LS2 and the E38 ECM? The E38 ECM is the restriction.
I have the E38 controller as well. It is very simple.

FAST has some 57 PSI injectors for the LS2. These should be all I need. They are bigger than the 52 PSI ZR1 injectors and don't bump into the 62.5 PSI limit.

Elmer
The limit is actually 63.5 lb/hr, or 8 g/sec. If it were my car, I'd throw in ID850s and never look back, because then you'd have boat loads of overhead and you'd know it isn't the injectors causing a problem.

That's just me.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM
eboggs_jkvl

OK, here's the latest. We swapped the injectors and the damn car stops! It did it 4 times in a row and burped a little on the 5th. I just drove the car for 3 starts/stops on an errand. The car stopped perfectly all 3 times. So, an occasional burp is a whole hell of a lot better than a constant 100% diesel. I can live with this.

I did find out something of importance.

The Suncoast switch that I have on the NPP exhaust is important. IF you leave it closed during a dyno run, your boost will get to 10.7. Did you know that? DAYEM! After we got off the dyno, we discussed the exhaust and I opened it and did a little road test.

Note to self: ALWAYS open the NPP when you are going to kick the car in the *** and take it to full boost. 7.6 beats 10.7 in a stock engine.

Elmer
Old 01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

OK, here's the latest. We swapped the injectors and the damn car stops! It did it 4 times in a row and burped a little on the 5th. I just drove the car for 3 starts/stops on an errand. The car stopped perfectly all 3 times. So, an occasional burp is a whole hell of a lot better than a constant 100% diesel. I can live with this.

I did find out something of importance.

The Suncoast switch that I have on the NPP exhaust is important. IF you leave it closed during a dyno run, your boost will get to 10.7. Did you know that? DAYEM! After we got off the dyno, we discussed the exhaust and I opened it and did a little road test.

Note to self: ALWAYS open the NPP when you are going to kick the car in the *** and take it to full boost. 7.6 beats 10.7 in a stock engine.

Elmer

Congrats.. what injectors did you use. I have the 52's that came with the eforce and have a very occaisonal burp left. Its down to maybe one out of 15-20 stops at this point so it doesnt bother me.
And pushing that boost with the npp closed is definitly a no no. I was told that at the install.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 AM
eboggs_jkvl

My current set is a FAST 65#.

Well, you should have seen the eyes cross when that boost hit the big screen! Dayem!

Lesson learned. It never even crossed my mind the the NPP would cause that issue.

Elmer
Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

My current set is a FAST 65#.

Well, you should have seen the eyes cross when that boost hit the big screen! Dayem!

Lesson learned. It never even crossed my mind the the NPP would cause that issue.

Elmer
I've seen it because even though I know I forgot a few times. At least gets the blood flowing .
Old 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Chameleon T/A
Pro

Elmer
woohoo! I get the prize!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:50 PM
eboggs_jkvl

OK, this is probably my last post on this. I still have the dieseling condition. The condition has improved with the replacement of the ZR1 52 lb injectors. My last effort to stop the problem was installing long tube headers. The only thing I got out of that was more HP & torque. I still have 10 PSI of boost at 6400. I ended up with 538 RWHP and 502 lbs of torque. The LTs gave me 18 pounds of torque and 33 rwhp. We tuned out the KR from the engine and seem to have exhausted all of my options to stop the dieseling.

The car runs fantastic (a little louder than before) but I'm pleased with the way it runs. I'm just stuck with the way it stops and the dieseling condition. It's a 50-50 toss up as to whether it diesels or stops properly.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions but might Casey has struck out at bat on this one.

Elmer
Old 09-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Cranky Frank
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a 1594 kit for my 05 and wanted to know if you ever got the car to stop dieseling
Old 09-14-2013, 11:56 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Originally Posted by Cranky Frank
I just ordered a 1594 kit for my 05 and wanted to know if you ever got the car to stop dieseling
No.

I do find if I let the car idle for 20 - 30 seconds and then shut it down, most of the time there is NO diesel. Pull in to the garage and push the off button, and you get the little Texas-two-step fro the engine.

Elmer
Old 09-14-2013, 12:13 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

No.

I do find if I let the car idle for 20 - 30 seconds and then shut it down, most of the time there is NO diesel. Pull in to the garage and push the off button, and you get the little Texas-two-step fro the engine.

Elmer
Sucks it's still happening Elmer.. Your experience is exactly why I didn't buy the kit. I know that so many are pain free, but I know with my luck I would have the same experience as you.

Hope everything else is going well for you.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:30 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
Sucks it's still happening Elmer.. Your experience is exactly why I didn't buy the kit. I know that so many are pain free, but I know with my luck I would have the same experience as you.

Hope everything else is going well for you.
Well, as I understand it, the problem I'm having only hits the LS2 engine. Every other application of the E-Force seems to work just fine. Performance-wise, this rig is slick. It runs great! It just doesn't want to stop running!

Elmer
Old 09-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Cranky Frank
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your stock clutch handle the extra power. I'm hoping the clutch gets me through next summer then do a zr1 clutch. Is your car stock other then sc!

Get notified of new replies

To Dieseling condition with e-force?

Old 09-14-2013, 04:26 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Originally Posted by Cranky Frank
Does your stock clutch handle the extra power. I'm hoping the clutch gets me through next summer then do a zr1 clutch. Is your car stock other then sc!
Clutch is fine, I have a LS7 clutch sitting in the attic to put in the car when the clutch dies. I have 55K on the clutch.

Remember, I do not race the car.

Elmer
Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 AM
GT Bill
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Elmer has the best knowledge on this. I worked with Chris at EB and got an "acceptable" tune -very little dieseling. I can send you the tune if you need it.
Sold the car and bought a new 427 Conv.
Damn nice car !!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:14 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Update:

Having had this setup for a while, I've found that I can bring the car to a stop and let it idle for about 20 - 30 seconds. There is an almost imperceptible change in the idle around that time and the rpm drops very slightly in revs. I see my A/F reading swing and smooth back out and after it does that, I can turn off the engine without any dieseling.

Elmer

Quick Reply: Dieseling condition with e-force?