C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dieseling condition with e-force?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 11:35 PM
frankgtb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Update:

Having had this setup for a while, I've found that I can bring the car to a stop and let it idle for about 20 - 30 seconds. There is an almost imperceptible change in the idle around that time and the rpm drops very slightly in revs. I see my A/F reading swing and smooth back out and after it does that, I can turn off the engine without any dieseling.

Elmer
HAVE YOU tried calling edlebrock tech support about dieseling?
Old 10-12-2013, 08:37 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,820 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by frankgtb
HAVE YOU tried calling edlebrock tech support about dieseling?
I tried 30+ tunes from them and no joy. Also remember, their tune is a proportional tune for my model and the DIC calculations on MPG, miles in tank, etc is wrong.

Elmer
Old 10-12-2013, 09:24 AM
frankgtb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried 30+ tunes from them and no joy. Also remember, their tune is a proportional tune for my model and the DIC calculations on MPG, miles in tank, etc is wrong.

Elmer
so dieseling has to be all the raw fuel left in the intake runners.......your idleing for afew second or crusing slowly before shutdown must reduce combustion camber temps low enough not to preignite remaining fuel.....if you tune idle with more fuel it will cool and lower combustion camber temps even more and quicker.... maybe you can run whatever tune you want as long as you allow the idleing before shutdown......ever try running a cooler thermostat and program fans to kick in at a lower temp?
Old 10-12-2013, 11:20 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Elmer
You can adjust for the DIC calcs in the tune with HPT.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:28 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

Originally Posted by realcanuk
You can adjust for the DIC calcs in the tune with HPT.
While that may be true, NO tune has ever stopped the dieseling so adjusting the DIC calcs WOULD be an option if I got one of the proportional tunes to stop the dieseling.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:10 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

While that may be true, NO tune has ever stopped the dieseling so adjusting the DIC calcs WOULD be an option if I got one of the proportional tunes to stop the dieseling.
One thing has nothing to do with the other. You can still have your DIC reading properly at least.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:37 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Originally Posted by realcanuk
One thing has nothing to do with the other. You can still have your DIC reading properly at least.
My DIC reads perfectly correct right now. I opted to NOT use the E-Force tune.

Quick Reply: Dieseling condition with e-force?