C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel gauge not working after Eliminator pump!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Aeromotive Fuel Systems
Now for the setting of the speed pump controller. With the vehicle off, jumper the fuel pump relay so it runs with the car off. Set the low voltage side to a minimum of 8.5V (may need more on some vehicles). This is a good starting voltage for most LS base engines.

For the guys that are having issues, please post up the voltage you are running at low speed.
Is it possible to set the base voltage on the pump speed controller without even hooking it up? IE: hook it up to power and ground, and just set a volt meter across the pump terminals?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:29 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

GIO-305
I am an international customer and imported all my parts and engine internals and A&A kit from USA... you will not believe what difficulties I run through and LOT of time to wait and just to the moment to start the car!

That's why I accepted to pay around $2300 for Aermotive system which is (high quality parts) but note sure of its functionality/durablity.

My friend is running an external aermotive pump and it is working really good!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:35 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by Aeromotive Fuel Systems
Hello everyone. First off let me say I'm sorry a few of you guys are having issues. These things can be very fustrating. To date we haven't had but a few calls on this and all of them can be traced back to the speed pump contoller settings (there are a few hundred systems in service as we speak). If you are having issues we would like for you to call us as taking to the internet for help can be hit or miss. Please call us at 913-647-7300.

Now for the setting of the speed pump controller. With the vehicle off, jumper the fuel pump relay so it runs with the car off. Set the low voltage side to a minimum of 8.5V (may need more on some vehicles). This is a good starting voltage for most LS base engines.

For the guys that are having issues, please post up the voltage you are running at low speed.
THANK YOU sir for your post, definatley I will contact you tomorrow and check for the voltage and other issues im having...

I would really also hear some of the rumors/facts for eliminator pump because this is the second time for me to stop on highway' side because of the fuel pressure drops slowley and the car is shutting down (after one hour driving)
cooling down for another 40-60 minutes,, the car is running again.

Is this Eliminator pump for drag use only?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:11 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

It seems this is a common issue with aeromotive pumps,,,
read many threads in google that ppl is having the same issue:
the pump getting hot,,, it will drop the pressure slowly,,, car will stall,,, you will be in parking on sideways to cool down the pump!

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/vipe...fuel-pump.html

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...romotive+a1000

There are hundreds of other posts as well,,, I'M TOTALLY CHOCKED!!

Is it time to switch to other fuel system,,, or I will try back and forth (especially I'm an overseas customer and it will require time to test & try!)

... Hope I can find the answer from Aeormotive tech support today...
Old 04-26-2011, 03:16 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

ran my fuel level down to 1/32 of a tank, maybe lower today. no issues at all. and its 85 F outside

PSC set at 10v's at idle 700 rpms
FULL voltage at 4000 rpms
Hobbs 3psi switched to ground inplace of manual overide switch.
running E85. I love it!

-Carl
Old 04-26-2011, 03:46 PM
0Jeremy@HOB
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carlrx7
ran my fuel level down to 1/32 of a tank, maybe lower today. no issues at all. and its 85 F outside

running E85. I love it!

-Carl
That's how its done people. Glad to hear everything is working out with your E85 set up Carl.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:46 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

^^^ Carl you were gonna take a video of how loud the pump is?
Old 04-26-2011, 03:47 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Jeremy@HOB
That's how its done people. Glad to hear everything is working out with your E85 set up Carl.
You had to post at the exact same time as me?!?!?!?
Old 04-26-2011, 03:54 PM
0Jeremy@HOB
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FactoryRaceCar
You had to post at the exact same time as me?!?!?!?
You were asleep at the line. I got cha on the hole shot.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:21 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,843 Likes on 2,079 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by carlrx7

running E85. I love it!

-Carl

Your setup sounds very well thought out. What is your Fuel pressure at 10v?

Do you have a rising rate fuel pressure regulator?

What is your fuel pressure at 4K RPMS or 3PSI on the Hobbs?

What is your fuel pressure at full boost?

My math skills suck but I'm coming up with 1/32 of a tank as you running the tank to ~.5 gallons? Scary, but interesting.

Getting to that ~.5 gallons, did you start out with a full tank of gas and drive it steadily until you got to the ~.5 gallons?

Just making sure the comparison is the same. The issue seems to happen after a steady run on the interstate and not running the pump controller on the high voltage setting at all. There is a specific line configuration recommended to keep everything running smoothly.

How is your fuel system configured? I "think" my son ended up with 1 line -10AN from tank to a "Y" then splits to 2 lines to go into the 2 fuel rails then joins back up to a single line to the fuel pressure reg in the engine compartment, -8AN line to return to the tank? It's difficult to remember if this was the last setup or not? Old age is a curse on the memory.

Elmer

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 04-27-2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Corrected AN sizes
Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Captain Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a complete Aeromotive fuel system with eliminator pump, speed controller, and pressure regulator. Running between 63-66 PSI at all throttle positions, including WOT on NA forged ls7 motor, high compression (13.2:1), E85/E98 setup.

Have been driving around in the Houston heat (at least 85-90 degrees) without issues at all. I believe idle was set at 8 volts by my technician per Aeromotive recs.

I am pleased with the setup thus far, although I have yet to drive the car continuously on one tank of gas down to below 1/4 tank.

Good luck resolving your problem!

Aeromotive has always been very helpful to me over the phone with technical support.

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:25 AM
sheesnaz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Captain Z,

Am I glad to hear about your success, I am getting ready to turn mine on, just waiting for the motor to be completed. The last thing I wanted was the Texas heat to cause Fuel System issues. Good to see that you are having good results. Do you know what size hose you ran in your setup? I am running -10AN from pump to Y block then -8AN to each fuel rail, and -6AN back to tank, but I doubt these other guys are having issues because of hose size.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:10 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Aeromotive has always been very helpful to me over the phone with technical support
I totally agree,,, I spoke with them and they want me to perform some checking here and there, I need to drop the tanks next week and we will see.

BTW guys,
I bought the HOB complete fule system with eliminator pump, I installed the kit as is..
I didn't change any fittings or hoses... will this also cause any problems?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:54 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

Originally Posted by Captain Z
Have a complete Aeromotive fuel system with eliminator pump, speed controller, and pressure regulator. Running between 63-66 PSI at all throttle positions, including WOT on NA forged ls7 motor, high compression (13.2:1), E85/E98 setup.

Have been driving around in the Houston heat (at least 85-90 degrees) without issues at all. I believe idle was set at 8 volts by my technician per Aeromotive recs.

I am pleased with the setup thus far, although I have yet to drive the car continuously on one tank of gas down to below 1/4 tank.

Good luck resolving your problem!

Aeromotive has always been very helpful to me over the phone with technical support.

Thanks.
I see. Is the fuel pressure regulator simply holding pressure 63-66 psi at full boost? It's not a rising rate regulator that is controlled from the boost level??? What manifold PSI are you running at full boost?

Elmer
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Captain Z
Racer

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
I see. Is the fuel pressure regulator simply holding pressure 63-66 psi at full boost? It's not a rising rate regulator that is controlled from the boost level??? What manifold PSI are you running at full boost?

Elmer
I'm not using boost-its a high horsepower naturally aspirated setup.

Same PSI part throttle or WOT.

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Captain Z
Racer

Originally Posted by sheesnaz
Captain Z,

Am I glad to hear about your success, I am getting ready to turn mine on, just waiting for the motor to be completed. The last thing I wanted was the Texas heat to cause Fuel System issues. Good to see that you are having good results. Do you know what size hose you ran in your setup? I am running -10AN from pump to Y block then -8AN to each fuel rail, and -6AN back to tank, but I doubt these other guys are having issues because of hose size.
10 an from pump to fuel rails and 8 return to tank. It's HOB complete system; I bought all lines and most fittings (although there are always a few extras needed) from them.

Thanks.

JD
Old 04-28-2011, 06:08 PM
eboggs_jkvl

I'm not using boost-its a high horsepower naturally aspirated setup.

Same PSI part throttle or WOT.

Thanks.
Aaack! You're warping my brain! Why then do you have a hobbs switch that comes on at 3 PSI? What the heck good is that if you're NA?

Elmer

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel gauge not working after Eliminator pump!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:39 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Your setup sounds very well thought out. What is your Fuel pressure at 10v?

Do you have a rising rate fuel pressure regulator?

What is your fuel pressure at 4K RPMS or 3PSI on the Hobbs?

What is your fuel pressure at full boost?

My math skills suck but I'm coming up with 1/32 of a tank as you running the tank to ~.5 gallons? Scary, but interesting.

Getting to that ~.5 gallons, did you start out with a full tank of gas and drive it steadily until you got to the ~.5 gallons?

Just making sure the comparison is the same. The issue seems to happen after a steady run on the interstate and not running the pump controller on the high voltage setting at all. There is a specific line configuration recommended to keep everything running smoothly.

How is your fuel system configured? I "think" my son ended up with 1 line -10AN from tank to a "Y" then splits to 2 lines to go into the 2 fuel rails then joins back up to a single line to the fuel pressure reg in the engine compartment, -8AN line to return to the tank? It's difficult to remember if this was the last setup or not? Old age is a curse on the memory.

Elmer
-RR regulator.

58 base pressure then i hook up the vacuum line. at 3 psi of boost the gauge will read 61psi

full boost 14-15, fuel pressure is around 73psi

even with the needle on zero there was still a little more than a gallon of fuel in the bottom of the tank when i dropped it initially. shoot, the second time i dropped it i ran it dry with the (stock) fuel pump bypassing the relay, 1/2 gallon was still in there.

10 an from pump to fuel rails and 8 return to tank. It's HOB complete system; I bought all lines and most fittings (although there are always a few extras needed) from them.

Thanks.

JD
hmm, my eliminator system is only -8AN feed and -6AN return.

pump is loud when you first key on, you can feel the pump more than hear it over the exhaust, i have the z06 bi-bode and kooks headers.

-carl

Last edited by carlrx7; 04-28-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Captain Z
Racer

Aaack! You're warping my brain! Why then do you have a hobbs switch that comes on at 3 PSI? What the heck good is that if you're NA?

Elmer
I'm not trying too!! Please see carlrx7 post above. I'm not running the hobbs switch...he is.

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:32 PM
eboggs_jkvl

I'm not trying too!! Please see carlrx7 post above. I'm not running the hobbs switch...he is.

Thanks!

Aack! No wonder I'm going to the blue screen of death in my brain! Aargh!

Quick Reply: Fuel gauge not working after Eliminator pump!