C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 AM
flflatrate
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goodmorning all. One of our forum members is taking his A&A kit off of his ZO6 and selling it and I'm looking into buying it. The only thing I need would be the radiator for my ZO6 since he is keeping it for his next build. Anyone have one out there? Frank, can you PM me a price for one and any other brackets I would need to install it?

Thanks guys
Old 08-06-2012, 09:32 AM
ATLS2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A right and left side differential shaft and gear with some redline transmission fluid should be all I need for drivetrain upgrades with the A&A supercharger kit for an auto 6 transmission? Thanks

Last edited by ATLS2; 08-06-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Devilish34
Frank ,

Thanks to you and the tech that called me back for your time..

John
You're welcome

Originally Posted by ljscorvette
Thank you for your quick reply.
You're welcome. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Originally Posted by ATLS2
quick question I have not seen anybody ask about the 8 rib upgrade. Any info as to what this is and how much will it change in whp numbers on a 2006 A6? Also, what should I consider if I want to do alot of WOT from a deadstop(i.e. trans, rear end, ect...)?
You can find all the info on our 8 rib upgrade here:
http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...roducts_id=308

It's not necessary for a stock bottom end car.

If you're really going to beat on it from a dead stop give the guys from RPM Transmissions a call. They can tell you what you'll need to upgrade the drivetrain.

Originally Posted by flflatrate
Goodmorning all. One of our forum members is taking his A&A kit off of his ZO6 and selling it and I'm looking into buying it. The only thing I need would be the radiator for my ZO6 since he is keeping it for his next build. Anyone have one out there? Frank, can you PM me a price for one and any other brackets I would need to install it?

Thanks guys
I'll PM you pricing.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
NospdLimit
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Good advice from those who know... I always just run it hard and when something breaks replace it with something that is stronger, then replace the next weakest link and repeat over and over.

Last edited by NospdLimit; 08-07-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

First a BOV question.. There is no RED line on mine .....Sooooo how do adjust for the initial setting as the instructions suggest???

Finally put the hood on last night and relocated the alky control... Then took it out for a 30 minute test drive. Need to fill the meth tank and check for leaks before it gets on the dyno.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by Devilish34
First a BOV question.. There is no RED line on mine .....Sooooo how do adjust for the initial setting as the instructions suggest???

Finally put the hood on last night and relocated the alky control... Then took it out for a 30 minute test drive. Need to fill the meth tank and check for leaks before it gets on the dyno.

PM sent, it's a black ring now.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:30 AM
zwaldo
Burning Brakes

Just wanted to give a shout out to Frank at A&A, and all his help he has given me via email, and phone calls. Over the past month he has given me advise on a few used not complete supercharger kits, and had helped me decide on one. Then he went though the trouble of looking over pictures of the kit once I got it home, to evaluate the kits current state, and what all I needed to complete the kit.

Thanks again frank for calling me today like I requested to purchase all the remaining items that I need before installing.

It's not often you get so much technical help on a used item.

I'll keep ya updated on the install!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:11 AM
LemansbluebyU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

I just wanted to post up here how happy I am with the A&A kit on my 07 Z06. It's been on for a couple of months now and I've put about 3000 miles on it with 2k of that recently on a little road trip down to the smokie mountains. The car drives just like stock and I got 30mpg there and back, never had to down shift to pass just give a little gas and go. The kit fits like a glove and anyone that decides to make this purchase will not regret it!!!! Though it won't give you the performance sound of a cam, it WILL give you way better horsepower and performance all around. I did alot of research on cams before I decided to go with the s/c and then I did alot of research on the s/c kits and I found that the A&A kit was by far the BEST looking, fitting and designed kit available for the Z06, a close second on the looks is the Edelbrock kit but I personally like the Vortec blowers better. I had Speed Inc. in schaumberg IL do the install and tune and the car has been nothing but great!! Thanks A&A for taking the time to design such an excellent product for people like me that are very picky
Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 PM
NospdLimit
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by LemansbluebyU
I just wanted to post up here how happy I am with the A&A kit on my 07 Z06. It's been on for a couple of months now and I've put about 3000 miles on it with 2k of that recently on a little road trip down to the smokie mountains. The car drives just like stock and I got 30mpg there and back, never had to down shift to pass just give a little gas and go. The kit fits like a glove and anyone that decides to make this purchase will not regret it!!!! Though it won't give you the performance sound of a cam, it WILL give you way better horsepower and performance all around. I did alot of research on cams before I decided to go with the s/c and then I did alot of research on the s/c kits and I found that the A&A kit was by far the BEST looking, fitting and designed kit available for the Z06, a close second on the looks is the Edelbrock kit but I personally like the Vortec blowers better. I had Speed Inc. in schaumberg IL do the install and tune and the car has been nothing but great!! Thanks A&A for taking the time to design such an excellent product for people like me that are very picky
100% I did a lot of research too and I am picky as well, my 2008 only has 7000 miles on it and it looks like it is brand new inside and out. The A&A kit looks like it was there from the factory.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM
ATLS2
Racer

Are boost and oil pressure gauges needed after installation? Is it safe with out them?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

Are boost and oil pressure gauges needed after installation? Is it safe with out them?
you'll want boost and fuel psi.. AFR is good to have also(I have all three)
Old 08-21-2012, 06:14 PM
ATLS2
Racer

So, if your blown, you need gauges, no question about it. It would be considered unsafe without them?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:24 PM
NospdLimit
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

You should already have an oil pressure gauge if you have a C6
Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

So, if your blown, you need gauges, no question about it. It would be considered unsafe without them?

Not unsafe but you want to keep an eye on fuel psi under boost... More like better safe than sorry

if you need a pillar pod I have a twin pod that I will be listing in the FS section

Last edited by Devilish34; 08-21-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by zwaldo
Just wanted to give a shout out to Frank at A&A, and all his help he has given me via email, and phone calls. Over the past month he has given me advise on a few used not complete supercharger kits, and had helped me decide on one. Then he went though the trouble of looking over pictures of the kit once I got it home, to evaluate the kits current state, and what all I needed to complete the kit.

Thanks again frank for calling me today like I requested to purchase all the remaining items that I need before installing.

It's not often you get so much technical help on a used item.

I'll keep ya updated on the install!
Glad I could help. Keep us posted on the results when it's all done.

Originally Posted by LemansbluebyU
Thank you!! Always good to hear from another satisfied customer.

Originally Posted by NospdLimit
100% I did a lot of research too and I am picky as well, my 2008 only has 7000 miles on it and it looks like it is brand new inside and out. The A&A kit looks like it was there from the factory.
Good to hear!

They're not necessary, but recommended. The two we recommend are boost and fuel pressure.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:55 PM
NospdLimit
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13
Default Emissions?

One factor missing from this thread so far is the issue of Emissions....
All of the cammed Z vetts that are even close to the WHP I have will not pass emissions, the A&A Supercharged Zo6's pass with numbers like stock.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

M'kay, so are your kits CA emissions legal with CARB #'s? I'm reading different things from different people.

Get notified of new replies

To OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Old 09-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Hinson
Instructor

After about 1200 miles on the A&A kit on my '08 M6 Coupe, I'm very pleased. With the exception of one thing. I took my car to have the windows tinted today and the installer wanted to have a look under the hood. I popped the hood and noticed my drive belt was coming apart rapidly! It's eating on both sides of the belt. The front side is already about 2 ribs gone and the back side of the belt is already 1 rib gone. I spoke with the shop that installed the kit and he said "It must have just ate a belt" and that everything was probably fine. Is this a common problem and how do I keep from putting belts on this thing every 1200 miles?

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Hinson
Instructor

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers

Frank I'm going to try and load a pick I want your opinion on. It's black rubber dust from my belt. The outside and sides look like new. The inside(ribbed side) looks good. First thing in the morning I have a belt squeak and now this rubber dust. Could it be a result of the belt slipping? Seems like everything is aligned fine. I have about 2600 miles on my set up. Going to load a couple pics now.

PM sent.

This is the same problem I'm having. Could you please pass along that same PM?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Hinson
Instructor

Anyone???

Bueller???

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread