C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 188 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by lshaven
Hi Andy I made a thread asking what specific part I need to order. I broke my ribbed idler pulley as seen http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...er-pulley.html
Call me at the shop today. I know which part you need.
Thx,
Josh

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D
What supercharger would you recommend for a stock 2013 Z06? What is the max power I can get out of the stock internals, reliably?

At what mileage should a supercharger be installed? The car would be brand new, so I assume I would have to break it in first.
Our V3 Si-trim would be a perfect combo for that 427. We have done that same setup many times over the years. We usually aim for no more than 600rwhp on stock internals. More has been done, but usually only when using Meth injection, race gas, E85, etc to keep octane requirements up to par.

We have put our s/c kits on vettes that were delivered straight from the dealership, lol.
Just follow the same break-in procedures and don't turn off the traction control.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
Our V3 Si-trim would be a perfect combo for that 427. We have done that same setup many times over the years. We usually aim for no more than 600rwhp on stock internals. More has been done, but usually only when using Meth injection, race gas, E85, etc to keep octane requirements up to par.

We have put our s/c kits on vettes that were delivered straight from the dealership, lol.
Just follow the same break-in procedures and don't turn off the traction control.
Sweet! Thanks for answering my question so quickly.

Are there any other supporting mods you would recommend so I can put my power down the best(traction,susp. mods?)?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D
Sweet! Thanks for answering my question so quickly.

Are there any other supporting mods you would recommend so I can put my power down the best(traction,susp. mods?)?
Sticky tires is the best mod for the money when trying to improve traction. A "R" compound drag radial is a night and day difference in traction.

Pfadt has great choices when it comes to suspension upgrades depending on the budget. From the Johnny O'Connell pre-valved kits to big boy coilovers.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

It's been a slow grind but our system has final CARB approval and we are scheduled for the second round of testing at the CARB lab next week. Hang in there.
Any update, Josh?

Old 12-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
Any update, Josh?

We have the test vette back in the lab again this week. Long and tedious process, but still doing everything they ask us to do. Once we get it finalized we will make sure and announce it.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
combatengineer
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers? Longevity?

I recently purchased an A&A kit and can't wait to get it installed on my '11 GS when it arrives at the shop. A couple of questions, I noticed on the forum that a lot of users install headers with their kit. Is this something you recommend? Any pros / cons with this option? Also, what kind of long term mileage have your customers logged on your kits? I understand the driver's behavior affects engine life, even if left stock, but what is your experience on longevity? Thanks!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by combatengineer
I recently purchased an A&A kit and can't wait to get it installed on my '11 GS when it arrives at the shop. A couple of questions, I noticed on the forum that a lot of users install headers with their kit. Is this something you recommend? Any pros / cons with this option? Also, what kind of long term mileage have your customers logged on your kits? I understand the driver's behavior affects engine life, even if left stock, but what is your experience on longevity? Thanks!
Headers are recommended if you are going to try and all the power you can before going into the engine. Really helps the engine breathe once you have added forced induction. Most of the time just adding our kit to stock GS will pick up 175rwhp right off the bat. It's not required to run headers, but it's a nice mod to complement the S/C kit.

We have had clients with our S/C kit go 100,000 miles and one confirmed as high as 184,000 miles on stock LS1 engine. Our experience has been longevity is great!

But, I always tell guys. "If man made it, man can break it."
Old 12-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Houmack
Advanced

I have an 06 Z. I'm pretty sure I'll be making an order in the next couple of months. If just ordering the recommended kit with the 4" pull, any point in getting a meth kit? I'm at about 1560 above sea. Any harm in a smaller pully with a good meth kit?

Car is stock w corsa axle back and k&n cai
Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by Houmack
I have an 06 Z. I'm pretty sure I'll be making an order in the next couple of months. If just ordering the recommended kit with the 4" pull, any point in getting a meth kit? I'm at about 1560 above sea. Any harm in a smaller pully with a good meth kit?

Car is stock w corsa axle back and k&n cai
If you have a good experienced tuner that is good with dialing in meth kits, then get a AlkyControl Meth kit from Julio and have at it.

If you don't want to do meth, you would still be good with a 3.8" on stock setup with a good tuner to dial it all in.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM
My1999Vette
Instructor

Default A&A Expertise & Advise

Josh, your thoughts?

A&A Expertise & Advise.....

Which Supercharger best bang for the buck for 2006 Z06 7.0L w/Dry Sump?

Whipple, Edelbrock, SLP, Magnuson supercharger ??

Supercharger Pro and Cons ?
Recommendations?

Last edited by My1999Vette; 01-02-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by My1999Vette
Josh, your thoughts?

A&A Expertise & Advise.....

Which Supercharger best bang for the buck for 2006 Z06 7.0L w/Dry Sump?

Whipple, Edelbrock, SLP, Magnuson supercharger ??

Supercharger Pro and Cons ?
Recommendations?
Name:  engineshot.jpg
Views: 1506
Size:  62.9 KB

Our A&A Corvette S/C kit is the best bang for the buck in my opinion.
C6Z06 kit will pickup over 150rwhp+ and still drive like stock when cruising and then come alive when you floor it! No heat soak and our RamAir Intercooler keeps IAT's nice and cool. You can even let your Grandma drive it and get the same great gas mileage as before.

Unless of course your Grandma likes to do the standing mile racing events, lol.

Give me a call at the shop or send me an email if you have any more questions.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
kjstoy
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Side Drive

Just curious if anybody installed their side drive kit yet? Any advise or hints to make it easier? Also Thank You Josh for ALL of your help and much appreciated advice.....
Old 01-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

Josh,
Any idea of how much more boost a 3.6 pulley makes over a 3.8?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:56 PM
RMS-MAN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Devilish34
Josh,
Any idea of how much more boost a 3.6 pulley makes over a 3.8?
1.5-2 more lbs.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:43 AM
ricefed
Instructor

MI Events Coordinator

I bought a kit from you guys last summer. I had a problem after the car would get hot. Say driving in rush hour traffic for 45 minutes. Normally my fuel pressure would sit at 62psi at idle and drop maybe 5psi at most. When the car gets hot and I get on it the fuel psi will drop down to about 39. Any idea what is causing this? Maybe the fuel pump or boost a pump are getting heat soaked and causing failure? Trying to figure this out before spring.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Make sure you are not running the tank less than 1/4 tank of gas. Especially when using a BAP. The gas is what cools and lubricates the in-tank pump. I've seen them drop fuel pressure when run hard at 1/4 tank of gas, then fill it up with gas and make back to back runs and not drop fuel pressure.

Get notified of new replies

To OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:45 PM
idahoblkss
Heel & Toe

hi josh,
do you guys make brackets for procharger head units? also what have guys gotten away with as far as boost /hp levels on the ls3 vettes with stock internals running e85 ?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
hi josh,
do you guys make brackets for procharger head units? also what have guys gotten away with as far as boost /hp levels on the ls3 vettes with stock internals running e85 ?
Yes we make our brackets that fit Procharger headunits for both C5s and C6s. It's a very popular item for those that need a upgraded bracket.

6-rib version is $600
8-rib version is $750

Name:  C6 PC Bracket kit.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  44.0 KB

There are several shops out there that have pushed these stock bottom-ends very hard using meth, E85, etc. I tell guys 700rwhp is doable with the understanding it's being pushed hard. But, shops have gone as high as 800rwhp with the understanding it won't last long, lol.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:33 PM
idahoblkss
Heel & Toe

Yes we make our brackets that fit Procharger headunits for both C5s and C6s. It's a very popular item for those that need a upgraded bracket.

6-rib version is $600
8-rib version is $750

There are several shops out there that have pushed these stock bottom-ends very hard using meth, E85, etc. I tell guys 700rwhp is doable with the understanding it's being pushed hard. But, shops have gone as high as 800rwhp with the understanding it won't last long, lol.
WOW thats is a very reasonable price for brackets ! i dont even think you can get the stock crappy procharger brackets for that much. ive seen your guys brackets in person . my friend has a c5z with your a&a kit running a vortech with a 3.4 on stock internals and i got to say your bracket system is as good as it gets very impressed ! im just a procharger guy , they have always treated me good and never had a problem. im in the market for a c6 ls3 right now and as soon as i get one it getting a a&a bracket system with a procharger set up! thanks .

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread