C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running catless headers w/ NPP

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
captainbob
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Anyone running catless headers w/ NPP

Just curious how it sounds in the mild mode?? Still pretty quiet? I'm thinking about installing so AR longtubes cat delete.. I have an Eforce.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It'll be very quiet when they're closed and very loud when they're open.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
It'll be very quiet when they're closed and very loud when they're open.
I think it sound good open and very quiet when closed, but I don't think the OP car will sound the same like mine because I am running a F1A with 2" primaries and 3" pipes through Z06 mufflers.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I think it sounds great....very loud is a good thing as far as I'm concerned
Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Just picked my car up from the shop after getting the catless headers installed. It sounds great opened and closed. Very aggressive when open and tame when closed. I absolutely love it!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM
captainbob
Pro

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Just picked my car up from the shop after getting the catless headers installed. It sounds great opened and closed. Very aggressive when open and tame when closed. I absolutely love it!!!
Nice!! Did you dyno and see hp gains??
Old 04-25-2012, 04:56 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbob
Just curious how it sounds in the mild mode?? Still pretty quiet? I'm thinking about installing so AR longtubes cat delete.. I have an Eforce.
Sounds like we have a similar setup. I have the E-Force, ARHeaders with Hi-Flow Cats and NPP Exhaust. I know you asked about no cats.

The addition of the headers greatly increased the volume over my stock exhaust setup. The closed position is louder but a great sound and comfortable. The open position is unbelievably loud with a lot of drone, great for aggressive driving but not cruising any length of time. I have an A6 and get a small amount of drone with the valves closed but it is tolerable. Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:59 PM
captainbob
Pro

Originally Posted by j_digi454
Sounds like we have a similar setup. I have the E-Force, ARHeaders with Hi-Flow Cats and NPP Exhaust. I know you asked about no cats.

The addition of the headers greatly increased the volume over my stock exhaust setup. The closed position is louder but a great sound and comfortable. The open position is unbelievably loud with a lot of drone, great for aggressive driving but not cruising any length of time. I have an A6 and get a small amount of drone with the valves closed but it is tolerable. Hope this helps.
Just curious what hp gains you saw? I was going to go with cats, but It seems like on my blower cars, I always blow the cats out, and that sucks. You loose power, and it can be hard to detect sometimes.. I hope the drone isn't to bad.. Thanks..
Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

I run catless headers with a ZR1 X pipe and ZR1 mufflers and it sounds really good. Real quiet for a cammed and supercharged motor with the valves closed and a nice sound open but not as loud as some aftermarket axles backs would be.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
captainbob
Pro

Originally Posted by lt1z
I run catless headers with a ZR1 X pipe and ZR1 mufflers and it sounds really good. Real quiet for a cammed and supercharged motor with the valves closed and a nice sound open but not as loud as some aftermarket axles backs would be.
Cool. hoping to have it fairly quiet w/ valves closed, and killer sound w/ open..
How much hp gains are you guys seeing with the cat less headers addition??
Before, and after?? I'm guessing I will see at least 15hp, and maybe 20lbs torque..
Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbob
Just curious what hp gains you saw?
I can't answer what the increase in hp was as the header install was done at the same time as the E-Force.

I installed the NPP Exhaust a couple of years before. It was almost whisper quiet, quieter than the stock exhaust it replaced with the valves closed and a great aggressive sound with them open. After the header install, the closed sound is now more aggressive but as I mentioned, very comfortable and the way a Vette should sound, IMHO. Open the valves, that's another story. The good news, you can always close the valves.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

sounds like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3y0eSx472I
Old 04-26-2012, 01:58 AM
ashanson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have catless headers, and I had a Corsa exhaust and it was too much drone on a highway road trip for me. Switched to the Z06 bi-mode exhaust, and it's super quiet at 1700 rpms when closed, and very loud when open.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone running catless headers w/ NPP

Quick Reply: Anyone running catless headers w/ NPP