C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000whp E85/E100 Fuel System??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts

Default 2000whp E85/E100 Fuel System??

I have been throwing around a few ideas in my head but just haven't been able to pull the trigger on anything without second guessing myself. Here in Oklahoma City we have E85 everywhere and we even have a place that sells E100 from the pump. So with that being available I'd like to be able to take full advantage of it. I have called a few places but either they don't know how they would do it or I get a smart *** reply so that turns me away.

I currently have a RSI hanger with a single Walbro 450 for E85. I was going to add a Weldon 2345 from my sumped driver side tank and use it as an external that way I can keep my stock fuel system working like it should. But I'm not so sure that setup will get me where I am wanting to be or eventually may end up in the future. Fuel Lab has a new 42401 or 42402 pump that they say is submersible and for continuous duty but my only fear is it vapor locking because the actual pump will move so much fuel that the stock crossover can't keep up? Some have mentioned the Aeromotive A1000 but I have nothing but bad things about it, but that's probably all in how it was setup who knows. I do not want to loose a tank in the car and a cell is not an option because an air to water will be in the back hatch of the car so that is why I'd like to keep both tanks and the stock crossover working if possible.

C6Z06 Quick Rundown
402ci LSX
9:5:1 CR
Callies Magnum Crank
Callies I Beams
Diamond Pistons
Mast Black Label 6bolt LS3 Rectangle Port Heads
Mast 4500 LS3 EFI Intake
Berry Motorsports Billet Elbow
Borg Warner 2000hp Turbo

The car will be getting the glide setup thanks to Steven and LMR after they beat the brakes off of everyone a few weeks ago with Tejano Blue. TJ from RPM has already sent me a quote so I'll be taking that plunge.

This car is and will be home built just because I enjoy working on things myself and it gives me something to do. Any help on this monster fuel system I need would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 10-30-2012, 11:40 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youll have to run a Dial-a-flow on the weldon, but i like that pump. itll support another 1000-1100 rwhp over your current system.

Most guys at that power level, run two of them. The others run a surge tank with a mechanical pump.

Wilson has some nice rails that offer a larger bore.

I would say at a minimum, -10 feed, or two -8s. Perhaps 1 -10, and 1 -8.

The amount of people that have this experience is slim, so you will be doing a lot of your own leg work.

Good luck!

Louis
Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 PM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Is the Dial a Flow the actual pump controller??

The Mast Intake comes with rails and they are a larger bore as well. I pretty much plan on running a -10 off the top of the intank hat to a y. The off the sump it will go through the Weldon and then a check valve and tie into the same y the intank is coming from all of it will be -10. The it will be a single -10 for maybe a foot or so and then I will y it back out and have -10 feeds to the back of each fuel rail and a -10 return back to the top of the hat that will just dump it back into the driver side tank. Hopefully that would be enough for the feed and return from a setup stand point....
Old 10-30-2012, 12:10 PM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Nevermind I just answered my own question about the controller haha.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:55 PM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Got it figured out. Thanks for the input Louis!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:42 PM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn....well I guess I have nothing to say.

Get notified of new replies

To 2000whp E85/E100 Fuel System??

Quick Reply: 2000whp E85/E100 Fuel System??