C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock E-Force DIY Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:24 PM
arp35
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally Completed!!!

Well today I finished the installation and it looks awesome. I went ahead and put the front fascia back on and buttoned her all up. Everything went back together with zero issues. I fired her up and she purred like a kitten. I let her idle for a few minutes and then topped off the heat exchangers coolant tank. No codes or issues to mention... That was the good news, the bad news it was dark and raining so I didn't go for a drive Hopefully tomorrow it will be nicer out. Here is some eye candy till I can update with a drive then this weekend...the pulley swap and Kenne Bell BAP install.
Name:  7EFGxVO.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  1.91 MB
Name:  gsSnXsP.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  2.29 MB
Name:  dEDVcXb.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  1.32 MB
Leftover Parts...
Name:  KrGv3PY.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  2.51 MB

Last edited by arp35; 12-21-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Darn, you do good work! Nothing like a good DIY project that comes out looking that good.

How does it run?
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 PM
arp35
Instructor

Originally Posted by Red Sleeper
Darn, you do good work! Nothing like a good DIY project that comes out looking that good. How does it run?
I don't know...it rained all day and the weather is crap and forecast to stay that way. I know I know you are probably thinking I'm a wuss but the vette is so clean and purty I don't want to get her dirty. I spent the day detailing and then installed the Halltech Beehive. I also had to reinstall my curb alert. I was going to drive it a while with the 3.875 pulley for a baseline but the BAP arrived today so I may just go ahead and install the BAP and change the pulley to 3.5". I also have some gauges I want to install and change the halo and a-pillars. So I've got plenty to do. But wish the weather would improve fast.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:33 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by arp35
I don't know...it rained all day and the weather is crap and forecast to stay that way. I know I know you are probably thinking I'm a wuss but the vette is so clean and purty I don't want to get her dirty. I spent the day detailing and then installed the Halltech Beehive. I also had to reinstall my curb alert. I was going to drive it a while with the 3.875 pulley for a baseline but the BAP arrived today so I may just go ahead and install the BAP and change the pulley to 3.5". I also have some gauges I want to install and change the halo and a-pillars. So I've got plenty to do. But wish the weather would improve fast.
Nice job. Do yourself a favor. Install a racetronix harness with the bap. Its not expensive, makes the install simpler, and supplies cleaner, steady power direct from the alternator.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:57 PM
arp35
Instructor

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Nice job. Do yourself a favor. Install a racetronix harness with the bap. Its not expensive, makes the install simpler, and supplies cleaner, steady power direct from the alternator.
Thanks for the complement. I did buy the racetronix harness based on an older thread that I think you started or participated in...so thanks for discussing it. It is top notch quality and looks like it seriously simplifies the connection. I'm all for easy!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

No, I'm not thinking that at all. I'm like you I wouldn't want to get it dirty if I didn't have to. On occasion I get caught out in the rain but it doesn't stay dirty for long.

I'm anxious to get your initial reaction. It will be a different car.

Take you programmer with you. If you have a problem you could set a serious code that might strand you. Some faults will shut the engine down and it won't again until you clear it. Yes, I'm speaking from experience! My initial tune from the SCT programmer was corrupt and had some parameters so far out of whack it set code after code until I figured out what was wrong.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:21 PM
arp35
Instructor

Originally Posted by Red Sleeper
No, I'm not thinking that at all. I'm like you I wouldn't want to get it dirty if I didn't have to. On occasion I get caught out in the rain but it doesn't stay dirty for long. I'm anxious to get your initial reaction. It will be a different car. Take you programmer with you. If you have a problem you could set a serious code that might strand you. Some faults will shut the engine down and it won't again until you clear it. Yes, I'm speaking from experience! My initial tune from the SCT programmer was corrupt and had some parameters so far out of whack it set code after code until I figured out what was wrong.
That's a good tip about bringing the programmer to clear any codes if needed. Hopefully, it will be uneventful but better to be prepared for worst case.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM
arp35
Instructor

Default First drive and catch can install!

That's a good tip about bringing the programmer to clear any codes if needed. Hopefully, it will be uneventful but better to be prepared for worst case.
Wow!! I went for an hour long drive and the power is amazing. The difference between the stock acceleration and the SC is exhilarating. I also liked the sound of the SC with the stereo down and the exhaust valves closed. You can definitely hear and feel the boost. I was surprised at how the acceleration ramps up as the boost increases and how smooth the speed changes from 0 to 100. I can't wait to install the smaller pulley and BAP. I also had zero issues and no codes showing up. It seems like your driving a different car and reminds me of going downhill on a roller coaster I also installed my Elite Engineering catch can on the driver side of the vehicle. I used the diagram in this thread.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/test...tallation.html
Here are a few pictures. I used the bracket that came with the EForce kit used to mount the Z51 Oil Cooler, drilled a couple of holes in it to mount the can and then mounted the bracket to the #3 coils bracket lower bolt. The can is angled slightly to allow the manifold cover to sit flat. I installed a one-way check valve in the hose from the drivers side valve cover to the top of the can. When I was installing the SC, I found a slight amount of oil in the throttle body as well as some staining on the intake runners. The baffle in the stock valley cover had quite a bit of oil in it as well. Thanks everyone for all the posts helping me install the supercharger.
Name:  eYTC1tx.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  41.7 KB
Name:  9z1dQ1Y.jpg
Size:  37.6 KB
Name:  BY7z2ky.jpg
Size:  45.5 KB
Name:  894NfD2.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  49.5 KB
Name:  d6sUP1r.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  45.1 KB
Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow!! I went for an hour long drive and the power is amazing. The difference between the stock acceleration and the SC is exhilarating. I also liked the sound of the SC with the stereo down and the exhaust valves closed. You can definitely hear and feel the boost. I was surprised at how the acceleration ramps up as the boost increases and how smooth the speed changes from 0 to 100. I can't wait to install the smaller pulley and BAP. I also had zero issues and no codes showing up. It seems like your driving a different car and reminds me of going downhill on a roller coaster I also installed my Elite Engineering catch can on the driver side of the vehicle. I used the diagram in this thread.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/test...tallation.html
Here are a few pictures. I used the bracket that came with the EForce kit used to mount the Z51 Oil Cooler, drilled a couple of holes in it to mount the can and then mounted the bracket to the #3 coils bracket lower bolt. The can is angled slightly to allow the manifold cover to sit flat. I installed a one-way check valve in the hose from the drivers side valve cover to the top of the can. When I was installing the SC, I found a slight amount of oil in the throttle body as well as some staining on the intake runners. The baffle in the stock valley cover had quite a bit of oil in it as well. Thanks everyone for all the posts helping me install the supercharger.

ENJOY!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:08 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Looks nice and clean.... enjoy !!!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:56 AM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

arp35,

Dang it...

just when I though I had conquered my S/C bug....

you had to post up the beautiful install and fun to read results!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:38 PM
1BADLS
Racer

If you like it now, you will really like the power from a smaller pulley and larger injectors. I currently have a 3" pulley and 72lb injectors installed with my Eforce supercharger.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:56 PM
da_vato
Instructor

Congrats on the new Power and good looking install. Do you need the catch can?

I finally decided to go for an e-force myself (purchased it yesterday as a matter of fact). An 04 Silverado that I supercharged years ago used to build so much crankcase pressure that the catch can was a necessity. Just wondering if the pressure is similar here or not.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:13 PM
arp35
Instructor

Originally Posted by da_vato
Congrats on the new Power and good looking install. Do you need the catch can? I finally decided to go for an e-force myself (purchased it yesterday as a matter of fact). An 04 Silverado that I supercharged years ago used to build so much crankcase pressure that the catch can was a necessity. Just wondering if the pressure is similar here or not.
I would think the answer is yes. Like I said earlier, there was some oil when it wasn't supercharged. I don't think it can hurt. After a month or so I will check and see what I catch.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

For what it's worth I'm not having any problems with oil. I'm seeing between 8 and 9.5 lbs of boost. Even though My LS2 is a 2006 I only have about 20K miles on the engine. It might become an issue when it gets a few more miles on it.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:19 AM
1BADLS
Racer

Originally Posted by Blownls3
If you like it now, you will really like the power from a smaller pulley and larger injectors. I currently have a 3" pulley and 72lb injectors installed with my Eforce supercharger.
Ok, I spoke to soon. My LS3 with Eforce I mentioned above blew last Sunday. It threw a rod out the side of the block.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:12 PM
arp35
Instructor

Ok, I spoke to soon. My LS3 with Eforce I mentioned above blew last Sunday. It threw a rod out the side of the block.
Holy @#$% What happened? More details when you get a chance...

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock E-Force DIY Install

Old 12-21-2013, 12:32 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

That sucks. Agree more details would be nice. Maybe a tune issue with the added boost and new injectors ?
Old 12-21-2013, 12:42 PM
1BADLS
Racer

Appears a connecting rod broke under the #1 piston. The only thing that could be salvaged from the motor were the valve covers. Even the Eforce Supercharger was distroyed.
Attached Images   
Old 12-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Appears a connecting rod broke under the #1 piston. The only thing that could be salvaged from the motor were the valve covers. Even the Eforce Supercharger was distroyed.
Stick or automatic?
What rpm do you shift at?
Did it come apart at the top of the gear?
What took out the SC?

Sorry for your loss!

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force DIY Install