C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one have broke his F1X procharger? TT time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Any update on this??
Old 09-14-2015, 03:47 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry I should updated this thread while back. The update is that I sent back my broken F1X ( I delayed sending it for 2 month or more) to procharger for inspection, the damage it was a unfortunately catastrophic as per their report and repair cost is very high. Special offer from procharger to give me a totally new unit for half of the repair costs which I agreed and I will use F1X again this season (3 months from now to start racing).

As stated by PC, there is no warranty for F-series blowers and cog systems.

Thank you Ben@PC (Tech. Service manager) for his kind support and very close follow up and handling my case from A to Z.

Hopefully we can achieve better numbers than the F2, and hopefully this F1X can last one season.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Do u ever have issues with serpentine belt for ac and accessories? Like snapping all the time..
Old 09-18-2015, 06:32 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by Arctic Vette
Do u ever have issues with serpentine belt for ac and accessories? Like snapping all the time..
No sir, never had a single issue with those.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:52 AM
1dirtyz
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guess what just happened to me too !!!

my F2 broke again but this time after one pass down the strip and after paying $1800 for repairing it . I sent it back telling them it broke just like yours did ,,,, right after you put it on and now they say its driver abuse ,,, and they want to charge $2500 to fix their mistake!!

I also had an F3 sent in more than 7 times to be fixed and guess what ,,, it just keeps braking again!

there is something wrong going on at procharger ,,,, most of their F series blowers built or serviced after a certain date are just junk!! could they have cheaped out and started using cheap low quality parts to try and cut costs and make a buck or two?

for some reason I have a feeling that your head unit will last about as long as the old one ,,, and after that I guess it WOULD be time to get serious and go fast with a set of twins :P
Old 02-10-2016, 08:26 AM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1dirtyz

my F2 broke again but this time after one pass down the strip and after paying $1800 for repairing it . I sent it back telling them it broke just like yours did ,,,, right after you put it on and now they say its driver abuse ,,, and they want to charge $2500 to fix their mistake!!

I also had an F3 sent in more than 7 times to be fixed and guess what ,,, it just keeps braking again!

there is something wrong going on at procharger ,,,, most of their F series blowers built or serviced after a certain date are just junk!! could they have cheaped out and started using cheap low quality parts to try and cut costs and make a buck or two?

for some reason I have a feeling that your head unit will last about as long as the old one ,,, and after that I guess it WOULD be time to get serious and go fast with a set of twins :P
Time for Precision Turbo
Old 02-11-2016, 12:01 AM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I thought about upgrading my 2200r to a f1x. I'm not so sure it would be a upgrade now. I already have a 10 rib kit with cartek direct drive. Would they warranty it if this happened with a 10 rib? If not, I'm not even going to switch.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:56 AM
1dirtyz
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they probably wouldn't warranty it on an 8 rib!

heck if your underwear does not match their criteria they will void your warranty !

do a search on other forums like ls1tech and tubobullet and yellow bullet and see what you find .
Old 02-11-2016, 09:14 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by usmcpony
I thought about upgrading my 2200r to a f1x. I'm not so sure it would be a upgrade now. I already have a 10 rib kit with cartek direct drive. Would they warranty it if this happened with a 10 rib? If not, I'm not even going to switch.
The "x" would carry a 1 year warranty when used on a serp system.

Their are literally countless C5,C6, and now C7's currently using the "x" and many of our other F series blower. The record holding centri C5, centri C6 both are powered by our blowers.

Drop a line to a shop like Race Proven Motorsports, AMP, or LG Motorsports and they can get you lined out.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:49 AM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Stick with your 2200R, they are problem free... Ive got over 30K miles on mine and its been spun 5000rpm over max speed since day 1.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:40 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by 1dirtyz

I feel your pain! I hope procharger will take care of you and see the root cause behind these failures!
I still have my old F2 and used it since day 1 on street and strip with all abuse and still going strong however the F1X died on 1st or 2nd pass!

I put back now the new F1X (which I got as replacement of the broken F1X), next week is the 1st drag event for me to test it, hopefully nothing will go wrong

As far for changing to another power added, it is based on the survival of current F1X TT seems the way to go (I'm in contact with Vortech for another SC option now before TT route!)
Old 02-11-2016, 03:50 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech

Their are literally countless C5,C6, and now C7's currently using the "x" and many of our other F series blower. The record holding centri C5, centri C6 both are powered by our blowers.

Drop a line to a shop like Race Proven Motorsports, AMP, or LG Motorsports and they can get you lined out.
Hello ProCharger,
Is this new policy to cover the "X" under warranty for serpentine belt?

I have asked for this warranty and I was told the "F" series blowers have no warranty at all and also I asked if I switch to serpentine belt from the cog, will be there any warranty for this brand new blower, however Ben told me a clear statement from him "we can’t warrant it for a serpentine setup on a race application"

Please let us know.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:02 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech

So Basically I'd have to switch to a serpentine belt in order to have a warranty? How many of those records are on a serpentine belt?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:43 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Wish vortech made a f1x sized blower. I love my ysi but its run out of steam! Reliable as *** tho

Last edited by croatbob; 02-11-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:50 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have multiple customers running F1X without a problem. 1 is making 1100whp on a 10rib setup. the rest are all in the 800-1000whp so def not pushing it at all. I have had a great luck with them with many thousands miles. I will be honest they don't beat a lot on their cars but they do drive them and race them every once in a while. I have one making 830whp the guy beats on it a lot without a problem, but its setup to make the power of a D1 lol (car is built to handle 1100+whp but customer doesn't want to turn it up and run e85)

I think with any performance product especially superchargers that are making over 1000++whp you will find failures. I have seen Vortech/Paxton fail, YSi, billet 2200 even the standard v3 and 1500 units. I have seen them all fail some with less than a 1000miles. sometimes its luck/defect, sometimes abuse/improper install, or over spinning ...etc etc I have seen it. to me what matters is customer service and how the issue gets handled.

as of right now I am very happy with Procharger, and they always treated me good. So I am sticking with them until I see lack of customer service or a major issue.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:17 AM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Wow I was close to getting an F procharger, Changed my mind after this mess and got a Precision Turbo.

-Curtis
Old 02-12-2016, 11:21 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

So Basically I'd have to switch to a serpentine belt in order to have a warranty? How many of those records are on a serpentine belt?
About half of them, the other half are actually gear drive.
Hardly anyone runs a cog belt anymore.

But obviously if something isn't happy, that causes belts to break.
Well, if you have a gear drive... its not going to break.
So the next weakest link is found.

Basic racing...

Get notified of new replies

To Any one have broke his F1X procharger? TT time?

Old 02-12-2016, 11:21 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Curtis
Wow I was close to getting an F procharger, Changed my mind after this mess and got a Precision Turbo.

-Curtis
LOL if you think precision or ANY turbos dont fail...
Old 02-12-2016, 11:33 AM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
LOL if you think precision or ANY turbos dont fail...
I'm aware of ANYTHING failing period. I have yet to have a turbo fail on me and I've been driving turbo cars since 2005 Garrett,Forced Performance, BorgWarner etc. But to have anything fail on 1 or 2 passes is unacceptable. Precision had problems with their JB turbos a while ago but since then they have gotten much better. Not saying anything is wrong with PC because they're proven but I decided to keep a turbo on my Z06. Might try a F1A on my C63 though to be different

-Curtis
Old 02-12-2016, 11:33 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by C6 Curtis

-Curtis
Sorry to hear that, however enjoy the BOOST and have fun

Guess the down side to outselling your competitors,
Is you will hear about failures more from us.

If we sell 3,000 units
And they sell 300 units

And both have a 1% failure rate.... well.

30 failures for us
3 failures for them

Just something to think about....

The new F-1A-94, has been a force to be reckoned with, and has had ZERO failures, and now holds many many records.

- Fastest C6 Supercharged IRS (7.83 @179)
- Fastest IRS 5th Gen Camaro (7.65 @179)
- Fastest Ultra Street Car ( 149 mph... 1/8th mile)
- Quickest Ultra Street Car ( 4.806 @ 146... 1/8th mile)
- Fastest Coyote Modified ( 7.8 @ 172)

This is a little 9" blower the size of our P-1SC/D-1SC.
Yet has the power to keep racing up record after record...
With literally ZERO failures.

Each year, we improve on making things better/faster/stronger.
No different then GM or Ford.

Quick Reply: Any one have broke his F1X procharger? TT time?