C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth injection question

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:27 PM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Meth injection question

Hey everyone recently just out my car on meth and I'm using a 40/60 mix of water meth. It's a mixture of a winter windshield washer fluid and some pure methanol to up the meth percentage.
The car got tuned and runs amazing now with it but the windshield washer fluid is hard to find. So I want to go with a different one that's a little more common.

My question is which ingredients or additives do I need to avoid when looking at the msd sheets? Any info would be helpful please and thanks
Old 10-06-2016, 10:29 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Just switch to pure methanol and be done with it
Old 10-07-2016, 12:48 AM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I know I eventually will in the future but right now this is the route I'm on.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:25 AM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Im really not understanding why straight methanol. Doesnt water have good cooling properties as well? Also one should have threaded stainless steel lines or something better than the push loc fittings that come with most kits, right?
Old 10-07-2016, 07:49 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by GD-Zo6
Hey everyone recently just out my car on meth and I'm using a 40/60 mix of water meth. It's a mixture of a winter windshield washer fluid and some pure methanol to up the meth percentage.
The car got tuned and runs amazing now with it but the windshield washer fluid is hard to find. So I want to go with a different one that's a little more common.

My question is which ingredients or additives do I need to avoid when looking at the msd sheets? Any info would be helpful please and thanks
You should find the WW with most meth content and least "other". They all seem to have a small percent of other content but on some it is almost nothing, and won't hurt anything. Stay away from any color other than light blue.

Mixing like you do works fine. Been doing the same for years.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:03 AM
genolan
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by speedz06
Im really not understanding why straight methanol. Doesnt water have good cooling properties as well? Also one should have threaded stainless steel lines or something better than the push loc fittings that come with most kits, right?
Cooling is only half of the equation Meth increases the Octane reducing the possibility of Knock. This greatly depends on the tune you have for your car, to max HP the tuners depends on both the Octane boost and cooling properties of 100% Meth.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:10 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Water / meth has been used by many for years, in many types of racing, with great results.
Of course, corvettes are special and should only use pure meth !
Old 10-07-2016, 12:20 PM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by realcanuk
You should find the WW with most meth content and least "other". They all seem to have a small percent of other content but on some it is almost nothing, and won't hurt anything. Stay away from any color other than light blue.

Mixing like you do works fine. Been doing the same for years.
Thanks I've been looking at a few different ones and from my research so far it says to stay away from glycol as it tends to clog up injectors over time.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Steve Haefner
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Why not mix it yourself? Use distilled water and meth, "50/50 mix" is by weight not volume. So it's in the neighborhood of 57% meth to 43% water per gal or 73 oz meth and 55 oz of water.

or like schpenxel said just run 100% meth
Old 10-07-2016, 07:04 PM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steve Haefner
Why not mix it yourself? Use distilled water and meth, "50/50 mix" is by weight not volume. So it's in the neighborhood of 57% meth to 43% water per gal or 73 oz meth and 55 oz of water.

or like schpenxel said just run 100% meth
Well my tuner used a Washer fluid that's a 40/60 mix when tuning the car so I want to keep the mixture consistent
Old 10-08-2016, 12:15 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by speedz06
go with the AIS system with stainless lines and stand alone fuel tank so you wont have plastic leaking lines and leaking plastic window washer reservoir being used as a fuel cell.run 100% methanol

Get notified of new replies

To Meth injection question

Quick Reply: Meth injection question