C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a nitrous kit! (Install pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 04:51 PM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Got a nitrous kit! (Install pics)

Well I've been wanting a nitrous kit for awhile and I kept talking about getting one but never did. Well Christmas morning my wife brings me a big box to open and it's a nitrous outlet plate kit for my car.
My wife also got me a new radio with a GPS since the factory navigation and radio are a joke.
I draw up how I want to wire everything.

I start to wire everything.

I install my nitrous outlet c6 dedicated fuel cell. I went with the black lines to have it look cleaner.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:06 PM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Make a quick connection and put some fuel in to make sure it had no fuel leaks and check the pressure

I used 3m double sided tape to hold the lnc-2000 in place.

I had a rats nest of wiring once it was in the car. I made the wires long to make sure there was enough wire. I tested all the switches and relays to be sure everything worked. I also ran the nitrous line under the carpet along the passenger side and out the grommet with the engine wiring.

I broken the ash tray so it doesn't shut anymore. Oops. I also shortened all the wiring so there wasn't a bundle of wires under the radio or in the dash. The nos mini is tucked away up under the dash on the driver side.

I moved the purge to the solenoid I didn't like it on the little manifold before the solenoid.

Everything all button up on the inside.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:16 PM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Things I finished up today. Mounting the bottle, wiring the heater, cleaning up the wiring, and installing the purge line.

I went with wood under the carpet to mount the bottle. Sorry I don't have wood tools so I used a metal cut off wheel.

I drilled some holes for the bolts to go through. And no that oil isn't from the corvette or ss.

now to wire the heater

Finished product

fits perfectly under the cover

Installed the plate and cleaned up the wiring under the hood.

mounted the purge and had it come out the cowl.

used some Adams to clean the center counsel and a little velcro to attach the nos mini

Old 12-29-2016, 05:23 PM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

This took me 3 days to do this alone working a few hours of each day in between rain, going out with my wife and night time (not good lighting under the car port).

Here's a close up of the bottle

this was fueled by coffee all day

All I have left to do is installed my nitrous pressure, fuel pressure gauge with safety switch, and installing the spark plugs once they get here. But I found out as I was cleaning up I'm not supposed to work on cars at my apartment.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:29 PM
lobamotive
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Kinda off topic, but nice SS there in the background. Don't see enough of 'em.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:32 PM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lobamotive
Kinda off topic, but nice SS there in the background. Don't see enough of 'em.
thanks it's absolutely filthy right now with all the rain and driving we've been doing with the holidays. It's my wife's daily driver. She paid off all her student loans and wanted something "fun to drive but practical" so we got her the ss. Plus it was her back to America present after coming home from our last deployment. She got the ss I got a vette.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:53 PM
lobamotive
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, you made two good choices. Welcome home!
Old 12-29-2016, 07:44 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

If you decide to redo the harness or have issues, I have a Nitrous Outket pro wiring harness win your name in it. It's prewired and relayed for everything you have.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:48 PM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
If you decide to redo the harness or have issues, I have a Nitrous Outket pro wiring harness win your name in it. It's prewired and relayed for everything you have.
if I knew that 3 days ago I would of been all over it.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:18 PM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

I went out tonight with my work light and installed my gauges since I was told I'm not supposed to work on cars at my apartment. I figured I'd do it at night when the people aren't at work.

I put the autometer gauge dimmer under the dash with the factory dash screws so I wasn't drilling into the dash.

THE gauges only turn on once the system is armed. It didn't make sense to me to constant power pressure gauges when theres no pressure.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:52 PM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

And i thought my supercharger install was a lot of work. looks good man. i hope it makes your butt pucker
Old 12-31-2016, 01:23 AM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Twayneo1
And i thought my supercharger install was a lot of work. looks good man. i hope it makes your butt pucker
thanks! So far I've only done 3 small pulls. 2 on street tires and one on drag radials. With street tires it spun all of 2nd and past 100mph in 3rd from a soft roll into 2nd. From a dead stop well yeah worthless. With drag radials the car spun 1st hit 2nd and was the hardest pull I've ever felt. This was only with 100 shot with 93 octane in the fuel cell progressing it in from 30% to 100 over 1 sec spraying from 3500 to 6400.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:32 AM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

https://youtu.be/kS_ZZ_mjz2A
Old 12-31-2016, 10:38 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Cool thread. You don't see too many nitrous install threads on here. Nice work, OP.
And, by the way, you have a very, very cool wife!
Something tells me ("our last deployment") that she's trained in the use of guns too? Make that super cool wife.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:45 AM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CI GS
Cool thread. You don't see too many nitrous install threads on here. Nice work, OP.
And, by the way, you have a very, very cool wife!
Something tells me ("our last deployment") that she's trained in the use of guns too? Make that super cool wife.
Thanks you and yeah she's pretty cool. We're both in the army and we go shoot in out off time together. Once we get to Texas she'll be taking her ss to the track when I go in the vette.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:40 AM
MikeSVT04
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo2L

Does this harness make it easier than what the OP has going on. I have no idea what to do with all those wires.

Nice job op. Just when I thought I could do a nitrous install myself I see this. No idea about wiring.

​​​​​​
Old 01-01-2017, 05:32 PM
SoSlow1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 334 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Nice install Andrew looks really good... I may go to Evadale next Saturday but for sure the 21st. Next weekends weather looks extremely cold and possibly wet..

Get notified of new replies

To Got a nitrous kit! (Install pics)

Old 01-01-2017, 10:10 PM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikeSVT04
Does this harness make it easier than what the OP has going on. I have no idea what to do with all those wires.

Nice job op. Just when I thought I could do a nitrous install myself I see this. No idea about wiring.

​​​​​​
The wiring isn't hard at all. It's a single wire frim yhe battery that spits to 3 relays now (I had to add one for the fuel pump to use my fuel pressure safety switch). The arming switch also sends the 12v to the heater and purge so they can't be used if it's not armed. The arming switch also gives 12v to the gauges.

I installed the fuel pressure safety switch today. I had to add a 3rd relay for the fuel pump to work with the switch since it's a ground that goes off pressure it wouldn't be able to share the same relay as the nitrous solenoids.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:12 PM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SoSlow1
Nice install Andrew looks really good... I may go to Evadale next Saturday but for sure the 21st. Next weekends weather looks extremely cold and possibly wet..
I'm down to go as long as work isn't busy for me. A evo here on post wants to race my car maybe I can get him to go. He's making a whole 380whp and wants to play.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:57 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

This install looks amazing. I know you said you worked on it a few hours a day on it but your attention to detail shows in this install. If you have any questions feel free to give us a shout and we look forward from you to hear about your results. _ Houston

Quick Reply: Got a nitrous kit! (Install pics)