C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Call for S/C experts - HELP on Failure analysis on E-Force Wegner Combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Petraszewsky
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Can't beat that at all...that's awesome customer service
Old 03-21-2017, 12:34 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

As suggested on this thread I performed a pressure test on all cylinders and they all check 120psi.

I also purged and replaced the old oil and filter (and hopefully debris if any with it).

With the new lid on hand I will be really tempted to put it in place and test.

To follow.

Last edited by Telepierre; 03-21-2017 at 02:51 PM. Reason: For being hooked and croocked by Edelbrock
Old 03-21-2017, 12:36 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Telepierre
Thumbs UP to Edelbrock! Thank you.

As suggested on this thread I performed a pressure test on all cylinders and they all check 120psi.

I also purged and replaced the old oil and filter (and hopefully debris if any with it).

To follow.
Glad its sorted out. I told you Edelbrock has been good with this stuff.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Edelbrock Tech
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thumbs UP to Edelbrock! Thank you.

To follow.
We appreciate the attention to detail and changing the oil as an added precaution.

If you have not yet reached one of our Tech reps don't forget to send me your contact/shipping info so we can get you squared away.
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (03-28-2018)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Well...not so fast..

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Glad its sorted out. I told you Edelbrock has been good with this stuff.
Truth is they have not been that good with my stuff...
Old 03-21-2017, 02:55 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Sorry to hear. The guys whos name I gave you was awesome with me, but hit was a while ago. May have changed staff or policy.

Good thing is they are doing the right thing now.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Edelbrock Tech
We appreciate the attention to detail and changing the oil as an added precaution.

If you have not yet reached one of our Tech reps don't forget to send me your contact/shipping info so we can get you squared away.

Thank you for your two messages of good will. Please note one tech rep did reach out to me and informed me (contrary to your statements on this forum) that a new lid is not available for offering (as stated) and the lid is no longer available for purchase either.

I highly recommend consulting with the tech rep before making conflicting statements.

What say you?

Last edited by Telepierre; 03-21-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Edelbrock Tech
5th Gear

I am sorry to hear about your past experience. I am here to offer online support for you and others, something we did not previously have.

Thank you for your two messages of good will. Please note one tech rep did reach out to me and informed me (contrary to your statements on this forum) that a new lid is not available for offering (as stated) and the lid is not longer available for purchase either.

I highly recommend consulting with the tech rep before making conflicting statements.

What say you?
My apologies about the conflicting statements. I will clear things up with the rep you spoke to and find out why you were denied this claim.

Last edited by Edelbrock Tech; 03-21-2017 at 03:16 PM.
JerriVette (03-28-2018)
Old 03-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Edelbrock Tech
I am sorry to hear about your past experience. I am here to offer online support for you and others, something we did not previously have.

My apologies about the conflicting statements. I will clear things up with the rep you spoke to and find out why you were denied this claim.
OK - I am going to reciprocate good words and intentions with the same.
Glad to read Edelbrock is actively attempting to support its customers.

I am willing to accept there is an unfortunate not deliberate mis-connect on this effort.

Please note I need a new lid. I am perfectly fine accepting Edelbrock conclusion (hopefully explained) this is a case of back-fire and having the claim (I did not initiate) denied.

I am simply in need of a new metal cover/lid.
IF you manufacture/sell the item. Please indicate how to purchase it.
If you no longer manufacture/or sell the item as a separate piece. Please state that as well so I can avoid a lengthy and fruitless search to an item that does not exist and concentrate on a real fix.

Thank you.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Edelbrock Tech
5th Gear

OK - I am going to reciprocate good words and intentions with the same.
Glad to read Edelbrock is actively attempting to support its customers.

I am willing to accept there is an unfortunate not deliberate mis-connect on this effort.

Please note I need a new lid. I am perfectly fine accepting Edelbrock conclusion (hopefully explained) this is a case of back-fire and having the claim (I did not initiate) denied.

I am simply in need of a new metal cover/lid.
IF you manufacture/sell the item. Please indicate how to purchase it.
If you no longer manufacture/or sell the item as a separate piece. Please state that as well so I can avoid a lengthy and fruitless search to an item that does not exist and concentrate on a real fix.

Thank you.
I appreciate your patience with this matter and apologize again for any confusion.

We do still manufacture that lid and will replace your damaged one. I believe you are already working out the logistics with Chris in our Tech department.

If there are any further issues let me know.
JerriVette (03-28-2018)
Old 04-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Well! it took a while and we can blame overseas mail for that but for those that care I got an UPDATE:

But first a heartfelt THANK YOU to Edelbrock for coming through with a replacement E-Force lid. That one part to get this project going.. Also a hand to Casey Wegner for reaching out in case of need...(all good with the engine)

So! conducted pressure test, replaced oil/filter, vacuumed the top inside of E-F., inspected past the bypass valve but did not remove the S/C. Simply torqued new cover to spec.

Car started at first go and after few miles it all seems OK. I am still at 70% tune and hopefully at 100% in the next week or so.

We talked back fire and stress fractures...I'd like to submit another theory for your take:

Do you think it is possible the e-force internal bypass valve failed to activate/open under vacuum thus creating a pressure spike big enough to blow the cover?

Please note I checked/tested the E-F vacuum activator by the pulley with a separate vacuum source and could verify it works (the bypass opens). But could it be that when I was cruising at constant 4000 and let go on the pedal the vacuum was not there, the bypass did not open, and boom!? Please note I am using the left (passenger side) E-Force port for the BAP/Racetronix..

Cheers!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:04 PM
Edelbrock Tech
5th Gear

Well! it took a while and we can blame overseas mail for that but for those that care I got an UPDATE:

But first a heartfelt THANK YOU to Edelbrock for coming through with a replacement E-Force lid. That one part to get this project going.. Also a hand to Casey Wegner for reaching out in case of need...(all good with the engine)

So! conducted pressure test, replaced oil/filter, vacuumed the top inside of E-F., inspected past the bypass valve but did not remove the S/C. Simply torqued new cover to spec.

Car started at first go and after few miles it all seems OK. I am still at 70% tune and hopefully at 100% in the next week or so.

We talked back fire and stress fractures...I'd like to submit another theory for your take:

Do you think it is possible the e-force internal bypass valve failed to activate/open under vacuum thus creating a pressure spike big enough to blow the cover?

Please note I checked/tested the E-F vacuum activator by the pulley with a separate vacuum source and could verify it works (the bypass opens). But could it be that when I was cruising at constant 4000 and let go on the pedal the vacuum was not there, the bypass did not open, and boom!? Please note I am using the left (passenger side) E-Force port for the BAP/Racetronix..

Cheers!
Glad to hear everything worked out.

I don't think a malfunctioning bypass valve would cause the lid to fail. We have run test engines on the dyno with the bypass closed full time with no such failure. However, you NEVER want to run a supercharger without a functional bypass as this can produce an enormous amount of heat. Too much heat in the manifold assembly can lead to rotor crash and or binding with the aluminum case.

Your issue is definitely a rare case. If any further assistance is needed we are here to help.
JerriVette (03-28-2018)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:15 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Cheers!
Glad to hear that you got it sorted.
Interesting theory, except that when you chop the throttle from 4000 rpm, I can't see why vacuum would drop? Not sure what using the different port on the E-force for the bypass would mean, but if it's different from what edelbrock uses, then I would put it back the way it came from edelbrock. Wait, are you saying the left side is the passenger side on your vette? Do you have a right-hand drive vette?

Quick Reply: Call for S/C experts - HELP on Failure analysis on E-Force Wegner Combo