C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Nitrous E85 thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 12:52 PM
_Wayne_
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Another Nitrous E85 thread

I have a z06 (fully forged) with C/H/I and headers that is about 560rwhp. I'm looking to run e85 on it (currently contacting my tuner to see the injector duty cycle as I bought the car used and have no idea the injectors that are in it) with a flex fuel sensor (mainly e85 but in case I'm in a pinch and need to put regular in it) and nitrous (I'd only spray on e85). So my question is could pull the fuel off the rail for the nitrous (assuming stock fuel pump) or should I run a dedicated fuel system? I assume I'd need to upgrade the fuel system if I pulled off the rail? If I did a stand alone should it be low or high pressure? run meth, pump or e85 in the stand alone? should I just ditch the e85 idea and stick to nitrous?

thanks!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

I run E85 in the tank and C16 in my standalone on a 225 shot 102mm plate kit. If I had a direct port setup I would run E85 in both, however on a plate kit that is a shitton of fuel begging for **** poor distribution.

The stock fuel pump isn't going to cut it on E85 and spray. I run my standalone on high pressure to keep up with the hit and ramp.

Depending on the shot you want to run, 93 in the tank and C16 in the cell will take you a long way.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:28 AM
_Wayne_
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks that helps out a lot. I'm thinking about a 100-150 shot (plate kit or nozzle). Sprayed on 93 with c16 in a separate fuel cell and just running e85 when not spraying. Would it be worth going high pressure or low pressure with a small shot? Is everyone using the LC200 to retard timing or is the IAT mod workable?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:50 AM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

I run the LNC to pull timing. The high/low pressure adjustment on the standalone is a simple turn of an Allen wrench and having the appropriate fuel jet based on your choice. I've ran both but prefer the high pressure.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Nitrous E85 thread

Quick Reply: Another Nitrous E85 thread