C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any solid axle c6 kits available?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 05:50 PM
Vettezilla05
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any solid axle c6 kits available?

This isnt really a forced induction question but i figure if anyone has a live solid axle swap then they more than likely have some sort of power adder as well so my question is , is there anyone building solid axle swap kit for a c6? I see moser sells one for a c5, I recently called them to ask if it would fit in a c6 and i was told it wouldnt. Didnt really give me a reason why , but he told me he had someone trying to install it in a c6 and was having issues. So for 7+k I wouldn't want to chance it.
And before anyone gives me hell for considering such a thing, I realize RPM sells a complete bolt in glide swap but im not paying 15-20k for that.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:59 PM
nenji01
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettezilla05
This isnt really a forced induction question but i figure if anyone has a live solid axle swap then they more than likely have some sort of power adder as well so my question is , is there anyone building solid axle swap kit for a c6? I see moser sells one for a c5, I recently called them to ask if it would fit in a c6 and i was told it wouldnt. Didnt really give me a reason why , but he told me he had someone trying to install it in a c6 and was having issues. So for 7+k I wouldn't want to chance it.
And before anyone gives me hell for considering such a thing, I realize RPM sells a complete bolt in glide swap but im not paying 15-20k for that.

Thanks in advance.
i asked the same question once and got laughed at, with the typical answers well rpm sells a strong enough 4l60 n built tr6060s and theres the th400 n 4l80e swap theres no reason to cut up a 30,000$ corvette only to go in a straight line, but never found an answer the closes thing i have seen are 4 link diy suspensions that attach to a similar frame that the c6 has for old retrofit muscle cars and use a straight axle, as far as transmission i dont even know if a powerglide would fit behind the engine, if i was rich i would of attempted it a long time ago
Old 05-28-2017, 11:54 PM
Vettezilla05
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Glide will fit after some slight cutting to the tunnel.
Carrolls rod and racecraft posted several years ago about a c5 c6 straight axle kit they had. Waiting to hear back from them to see if they are still doing it.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:45 AM
douniasg
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

You could also just mount a 9" irs and powerglide up front. That is what I did with my c5. I have a dutchman 9" irs solid mounted between frame rails. Had the drive shaft shop make me the axles and driveshaft and made some room for the glide.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:14 AM
yur2slo
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Carrols will do it for the C6 you just have to send your car to them (as their kit is C5 and may need slight tweeking) You can also run motor plate up front to move engine forward to allow additional clearance in tunnel area for front mount trans.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:47 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I researched the hell out of it and am going to go SRA 9" with a 4 link. Between the 4 link, trans, driveshaft, diff, and such I will end up spending about $8,000 less and have a far more capable set up and much better trans and diff.

Get notified of new replies

To Any solid axle c6 kits available?

Quick Reply: Any solid axle c6 kits available?