C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On3 TT vs CxRacing Single Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Shikaitsu
The setups have very different purposes. The CXRacing kit is going to take longer to spool and move your torque curve more towards the high rpm's while the on3 kit will hit boost a little sooner and develop good mid-range power. So the right selection is going to depend on what type of racing you plan on doing (drag vs. track) and your cam selection, if any.
Turbo size, housing size, AR, and pipe size all determine this, not single vs twin. You can have a single spool faster than twins, or the other way around.

I've done twin kits that do full boost at 1800rpm, and others that do full boost at 4500rpm on a stock ls3. Same with singles.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Enjoiskater
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sergio7
Just saw your post in the For Sale Forum. Any reason why you decided to sell it? Also what waste gates did you use?
Ive decided to just do a simple nitrous setup instead and prolly daily drive the car more. The wastegates are cx racing ive been running them for years on other projects they work.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:06 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Enjoiskater
Ive decided to just do a simple nitrous setup instead and prolly daily drive the car more. The wastegates are cx racing ive been running them for years on other projects they work.
I have a brand new nitrous kit I'll trade you... have about 3k in it
Old 07-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Enjoiskater
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by g23crawler
I have a brand new nitrous kit I'll trade you... have about 3k in it
Ill pm you.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Turbo size, housing size, AR, and pipe size all determine this, not single vs twin. You can have a single spool faster than twins, or the other way around.

I've done twin kits that do full boost at 1800rpm, and others that do full boost at 4500rpm on a stock ls3. Same with singles.
That's a given but we're talking specifically in the context of these two particular kits as they are sold out if the box. The On3 tt kit will spool faster than CX Racing's single turbo kit as each turbo is considerably smaller than the one CX Racing offers with their kit. One advantage the CX Racing kit does offer is much more versatility with your choice of turbo whereas the On3 kit seems to require you to use their compressor cover and turbine housing which limits you to turbo's that fit within.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:14 PM
BoostedC3
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Extremely interested in what you think of the On3 kit and fitment. I'm shocked more people haven't jumped on it at the price its at. Take a lot of pictures! On3's pictures are complete junk which might play into why no one buys it.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Sergio7
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedC3
Extremely interested in what you think of the On3 kit and fitment. I'm shocked more people haven't jumped on it at the price its at. Take a lot of pictures! On3's pictures are complete junk which might play into why no one buys it.
Haven't had a chance to post some pictures because i have been dealing with a nightmare-missfire issue, but definately hot-side & cold side piping look great. I also honestly liked the intercooler & radiator but wasn't to impressed with the plastic double fans. Will post LOTS of pictures soon 🤙ðŸ½
Old 07-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

I've also been waiting for some real world runs of the On3 kit because their website is in the Stone Ages hahaga
Old 07-11-2017, 01:38 PM
BoostedC3
Instructor

Haven't had a chance to post some pictures because i have been dealing with a nightmare-missfire issue, but definately hot-side & cold side piping look great. I also honestly liked the intercooler & radiator but wasn't to impressed with the plastic double fans. Will post LOTS of pictures soon 🤙ðŸ½
Wow you already got it on?

What did you change to the fuel system? Is everything else stock on the car? Tuned on what psi?

Originally Posted by Shikaitsu
I've also been waiting for some real world runs of the On3 kit because their website is in the Stone Ages hahaga
Its the worst website ever. Looks like a intern made it. Its honestly one of the main reasons I haven't bought it yet. Pictures barely even show any part of the kit.

Did you need to modify anything to make it fit? Did you get the turbo clocking service?
Old 07-20-2017, 11:34 AM
LethalTT
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My vote goes for UPP twin kit. I had the 6182R T3 kit for years and sold it for my new T4 67mm billet wheel setup. They also offer 72s and 76s now in a T4. 2 year warranty on turbos and lifetime on piping.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:29 PM
Sergio7
Racer

[quote=BoostedC3]Wow you already got it on?

What did you change to the fuel system? Is everything else stock on the car? Tuned on what psi?Its the worst website ever. Looks like a intern made it. Its honestly one of the main reasons I haven't bought it yet. Pictures barely even show any part of the kit.

I haven't yet installed it, found a broken valve spring & i am waiting fir the new BTR's .660 to get here also, got a great deal on a 50mm TiAL BOV that will get here today!
As far as clocking, i haven't checked if the turbo is already clocked from CX-Racing but i'll do the clocking myself since it looks pretty simple
Old 07-20-2017, 01:49 PM
BoostedC3
Instructor

Originally Posted by LethalTT
My vote goes for UPP twin kit. I had the 6182R T3 kit for years and sold it for my new T4 67mm billet wheel setup. They also offer 72s and 76s now in a T4. 2 year warranty on turbos and lifetime on piping.
Yea not one of the options, plus if someone was able to just drop $10k on a turbo kit they wouldn't be looking at on3 or cxracing kits....

[QUOTE=Sergio7;1595185043]
Wow you already got it on?

What did you change to the fuel system? Is everything else stock on the car? Tuned on what psi?Its the worst website ever. Looks like a intern made it. Its honestly one of the main reasons I haven't bought it yet. Pictures barely even show any part of the kit.

I haven't yet installed it, found a broken valve spring & i am waiting fir the new BTR's .660 to get here also, got a great deal on a 50mm TiAL BOV that will get here today!
As far as clocking, i haven't checked if the turbo is already clocked from CX-Racing but i'll do the clocking myself since it looks pretty simple
Get to it! I'm still waiting
Old 07-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Sergio7
Racer

New Tial Q-BOV got here today! Below are some comparisons of the TiAL vs he one that came in the CX-Racing kit. Also test fit it on the cold-side piping of the CX. Direct fitment
Attached Images       
Old 07-20-2017, 10:23 PM
acker
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just pulled the trigger on the on3 turbo kit. Will start another thread so i can go on with reviewing the kit & posting pics of my build!
So you bought the cx racing kit instead?
Old 07-20-2017, 11:18 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by acker
Yeah now I'm confused lol
Old 07-20-2017, 11:32 PM
BoostedC3
Instructor

also confused
Old 07-21-2017, 12:01 AM
Sergio7
Racer

Originally Posted by acker
also confused
Yes, i bought the CX, instead of the on3. Opted for it since i will be doing fender exit. Also heard the on 3 is discontinued

Get notified of new replies

To On3 TT vs CxRacing Single Turbo?

Old 07-21-2017, 09:29 AM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Damn, guess ill just have to be the guinea pig for the on3 kit now!
Old 07-21-2017, 10:04 AM
jleews6
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

FWIW My friend just put a used on3 kit on his grand sport and he loves it. He has owned allot of fast cars and has built a ton of them and he likes the kit. He bought it used of this forum and said it went on real easy. His car ran 10.80s @125 before the kit and he said its crazy now. Turboffr is a member here and is the one that tuned it. I will tell him about this thread.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:34 PM
BoostedC3
Instructor

Originally Posted by jleews6
FWIW My friend just put a used on3 kit on his grand sport and he loves it. He has owned allot of fast cars and has built a ton of them and he likes the kit. He bought it used of this forum and said it went on real easy. His car ran 10.80s @125 before the kit and he said its crazy now. Turboffr is a member here and is the one that tuned it. I will tell him about this thread.
Appreciate it! Would love to see pictures of it all in detail.

Quick Reply: On3 TT vs CxRacing Single Turbo?