C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real or Fake TiAL Q-BOV?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Sergio7
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Real or Fake TiAL Q-BOV?

Posted this thread in the General section but realized that the FI community is more susceptible of this. HEADS UP.
Bought these a week ago from forum user "AlanAutoSports". Received my TiAL bovs today. I wonder if they are legitimately Original TiAL. One discrepancy i found was that the i in Tial logo is not round & is a square. Another is that the V band bolts aren't "hollow". The BOV's serial number is SN08130192, which doesn't come out on TiAL's website of confirmed knock-off serial number BOV's. Did some research & found the exact looking BOV at Ali-Express (same squared i dot and non-hollow v-band bolt) for $30 when i bought mine for $160. I emailed TiAL for confirmation so they could check if it was real or not but haven't got an email back & they do not have a phone number to contact them. My problem is not that i bought a knock off BOV, but that i bought one getting tricked that it was a real money & therefore got "hustled" & wouldn't want the BOV to fail..
Again, forum user "AlanAutoSports" may not have even been aware of these discrepancies so i want to go about resolving it the best way.
Below are pictures *Green Circle means the BOV i have. *Blue Circle is TiAL's BOV in their website page.

*update*
Contacted seller & he said he bought this BOV years ago from a "reputable vendor". He stated he would refund me after he received both BOV's back and they weren't broken or a "different" one.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Sergio7; 07-21-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:06 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

anything from Aliexpress is coming from China and is a knockoff.

Last edited by russ472; 07-21-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:20 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

protest your card until you get it resolved.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Sergio7
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneSch
protest your card until you get it resolved.
Shipped them back to the seller, which he received the package today. Supposably he tried to refund me but didn't have enough fund in his paypal so has to transfer from his bank account to paypal... taking his word until tomorrow, then i will call paypal.

Get notified of new replies

To Real or Fake TiAL Q-BOV?

Quick Reply: Real or Fake TiAL Q-BOV?