C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Install Wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 07:15 AM
thehulk
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Nitrous Install Wiring help

I had my nitrous kit professionally installed about 4 years ago. And took it off because I was gonna supercharge my car. Long story short, the SC plans fell through and my buddy just got a Hellcat, so back the nitrous goes.... except I am the one installing it, and I am having a helluva time with the final few wiring steps.

Heres the install:

*Stand alone fuel system, wired up to the battery with an arming switch. Its working 100%

*Purge wired up to the battery with a push button. Its working 100%

*NOS Window switch/Solenoids ( Not powering up the Window Switch)

I cant figure the **** out, I am no electrician but I figured it wouldn't be this hard. Im ******* up somewhere.

Heres a diagram of how I have things wired up.

The only wire I cannot physically see where its hooked up to is the Keyed 12V source that connects to the Arming Switch. Reason being, when I took the kit off, I (luckily) left most of the hard wiring with plenty of wire to spare, incase I decided to re-install the nitrous. And the Keyed 12V source was installed by the professionals, I can track it all the to the passenger floorboard and then it goes behind what apears to be the factory stereo amp. It does not go through the firewall. I'd have to take the amp out to see where it goes.

Please take a look and let me know where I am messing up. Thank you for any help.
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2017, 07:19 AM
thehulk
Racer

I was able to get power to the Window Switch if I took the Red Wire (Relay prong # 86) and connected it to the battery but I didnt figure it was a great idea to have that constant draw on the battery and then remembered when I had it installed, I had to arm the nitrous system for the Window Switch to power on, so I tried putting the Red Wire to #86 on the relay, but the window switch wouldn't power from that.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:31 AM
thehulk
Racer

I just realized that I mislabeled the relay ground, it too is connected to the battery negative.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:28 AM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 145 Posts

the only part of the circuit i dont understand is why the arming switch for the main controller is grounded unless its being grounded for a light on the switch itself...

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous Install Wiring help

Quick Reply: Nitrous Install Wiring help