C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My build for 2018

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 09:12 AM
gameover4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

trust me after dealing with my PS leak with the AA kit i almost just wanted to burn the car down. i also got rid of those fuel quick connects they put on there fuel system bc that legit almost caught my car on fire when it blew off during a hit and spray fuel all over headers.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:07 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by gameover4

trust me after dealing with my PS leak with the AA kit i almost just wanted to burn the car down. i also got rid of those fuel quick connects they put on there fuel system bc that legit almost caught my car on fire when it blew off during a hit and spray fuel all over headers.
I'm not sure I really blame A&A's fitting for leaking considering the KRC fitting leaked. I'm now using the Aeroquip torqued to 28 ft/lb with an extension and universal. As frustrating as it has been, I write it off as the price we pay when we tinker on cars. I still don't like that the hose touches the steering box and nearly touches the joint in the steering shaft. Over time, I worry that the hose will rub through.

I drove it a couple of more times and haven't had to add PS fluid. Fingers are still crossed.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:37 PM
gameover4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

i agree about possible hose rubbing through. i may spend time next time it apart and bend a hard tubing to fit.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:05 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gameover4
i agree about possible hose rubbing through. i may spend time next time it apart and bend a hard tubing to fit.
If you make something that can be easily reproduced, I'd love to see/buy it.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:23 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

How's this doing? Any updates?
Old 12-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Tech
Safety Car

The car has been sitting for a couple of months now. It still needs Flex Fuel and WOT tuning. DSX moved back to my area and I'm considering having him tune it. Tuning is just not that interesting to me anymore. Last I heard, Dave was looking for the right building to install his dyno. I need to follow up with him but maybe not until I verify I don't have oiling issues and I've proactively installed threaded inserts in the remaining rocker bolt holes.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:23 AM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech
The car has been sitting for a couple of months now. It still needs Flex Fuel and WOT tuning. DSX moved back to my area and I'm considering having him tune it. Tuning is just not that interesting to me anymore. Last I heard, Dave was looking for the right building to install his dyno. I need to follow up with him but maybe not until I verify I don't have oiling issues and I've proactively installed threaded inserts in the remaining rocker bolt holes.
How did you incorporate the flex fuel sensor into the return line? I am planning to order Dave's kit and wanted to see if people are necking down from -8 to -6 and leaving it -6 the whole way, necking down from -8 to -6 and back to -8 or even using a -8 to twin -6 lines to put the sensor in line with one and then back to a block to join back to -8. Thanks for the insight and sweet build!
Old 12-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Originally Posted by EnginerdVT
How did you incorporate the flex fuel sensor into the return line? I am planning to order Dave's kit and wanted to see if people are necking down from -8 to -6 and leaving it -6 the whole way, necking down from -8 to -6 and back to -8 or even using a -8 to twin -6 lines to put the sensor in line with one and then back to a block to join back to -8. Thanks for the insight and sweet build!
My sensor is in a -8AN return.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:29 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech
My sensor is in a -8AN return.
So you have -8 into the sensor and -8 out? No issues with the bottle neck in the return I guess? I think all the sensors are -6.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Originally Posted by EnginerdVT
So you have -8 into the sensor and -8 out? No issues with the bottle neck in the return I guess? I think all the sensors are -6.
I don't think I needed -8 AN for a return line yet but it simplified the fittings and hose that I needed and there doesn't seem to be a downside.

http://foreinnovations.blogspot.com/...el-sensor.html

Quick Reply: My build for 2018