C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Engine Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 12:16 PM
tobb14
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS3 Engine Rebuild

I have a 2010 C6 Grand Sport that I recently pulled the engine on due to a busted piston. I think that it came from my rings breaking off and being smashed between my head and piston which lead to the blown piston. Now that I have the engine out I want to forge the pistons, rods, upgrade cam to BTR Centrifugal Blower Cam kit, upgrade fuel system + injectors and select a good ring set that will handle the boost from my A&A supercharger SI Trim. My current setup is as follows:
- A&A Super Charger Si Trim with 3.4 pulley
- Long Tube Headers w Hi Flow Cats
- Methanol Injection (Snow Performance)
Question 1:
What ring set should I go with If I plan on making 800rwhp? Right now I'm looking at moly coating that I hear can possibly burn off or some sort of stainless steel version please advise. I'm only asking because there are plenty of stock C6 vettes making 800rwhp on stock internals. With no issue as long as they have the correct fueling.
Question 2:
How do I get my SC to not pull oil through the vacuum? I'm constantly pulling the air filter to clean it from all of the excess oil not sure if this is normal. The car still runs good so I don't sweat it too tough.
Question 3:
Ti Trim, has anyone ran the TI on the 6 rib pulley system with no belt slippage? I'm thinking about upgrading the head unit instead of adding 100 shot of nitrous.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:32 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Call race engine shop. They will answer and do all the motor work. A proper setup and motor won't suck oil. That is from the motor being hurt.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:56 AM
V3grandsport
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To answer your 3rd question. I am running a vortech v3 ti on my stock block grand sport with a 8 rib 3.4 pulley with a gates green 6 rib belt, custom cam, pfadt headers, and I am running e85. The car dynod 820wheel 760tq, but now a few thousand miles later my belt is starting to slip up top. I am kicking myself for not doing the secondary drive set up with a 10 rib pulley and belt from the start. A&a themselves will tell you that 6 rib is just not enough. The extra 1300 bucks for the secondary drive system is well worth it. Looking to buy the kit as we speak.

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 Engine Rebuild

Quick Reply: LS3 Engine Rebuild